Because of You

Because of You

BECAUSE OF YOU

“Good morning, Jieun.” Chanyeol greeted me, warmly, with his usual wide smile.

Gosh! that freaking cute beautiful smiles!

“Hi, good morning too.” I replied with a little cough and an awkward smile. Curse myself for being so clumsy! or curse Chanyeol’s effect, it is all because of him anyway. muehehehe

“You look happy today. or it just my feel?” I started to making a conversation. for your information, my daily routine is meeting with this giant at school’s gate and talking about anything until we reach our own class. It’s my favourite daily ever! obviously its because that giant keke

“Didn’t I look happy everyday?” Chanyeol laughed.

“Ah indeed, I almost forgot… you’re a happy-virus!” I exclaimed. then we were burst into laughter. honestly, I did not found any funny things in this convo. its just… flow like that. and don’t ask me, of course I luv it!

“How about your song writing competition, Jieuna?”

“eh?”

“your song writing competition.”he repeated.”Did you already submit yours already?”

 woo-hoo. Did Chanyeol just bring topic that I most avoided in this whole weeks? s-i-g-h.

“eh, not yet. I just… not sure to submit it or not. moreover, I’m lack at the lyrics – and the tone too actually. I have no idea.”

“eeeeh whyyy? You’ve created many great songs. and the deadline is going near!”

I flushed –hope he doesn’t recognize that- when he showering me with his compliment. my song is worst – tell you the truth – but how Chanyeol praised it… OMG NO WONDER WHY I LIKE HIM SO MUCH.

“ok ok.. I’ll submit it in this weeks.” Chanyeol sighed, then nodded. “Alright then.”he smiled.

Duh sorry Chanyeol! I must lied to you. you know, my song is worst! let me spell it, W – O – R – S – T. when I listen to it I feel ashamed because at first I have a high confident about my song. but then… even my younger brother make fool of it. and Dad strictly forbid me to participate in this competition. My Dad – I’m sorry to say this but really – doesn’t understand anything about music. even he doesn’t understand anything about art. He want me to be like him – a doctor – or to be like Mum – a dentist. although he let me to play guitar or sing, but he won’t let my guitar be my future. Sigh. sometimes, I don’t understand where I have this talent – this maybe sounds cocky but I and everybody whom hear my voice tell me that my voice is made from heaven, include Chanyeol (coughs) – and I can’t understand why I’m so stupid at math and science – not like my parents. Once my younger brother tell me that I’m adopted, then at that moment I hit him hard and he never tell me that not-funny-but-probably-true-jokes again.

Ok ok. back to the convos.

“Then, how about your performances?”

thanks god Chanyeol wide smile back again – even wider – and he look really enthusiast. This time I success again brought the right topic, yeay\\o// /mentally whisper to myself ; keep up the good work, Jieun! keke/

“Well, we were really practice hard for this performance. My bandmates doing really well – something that I never expected before. Me personally is still lack at some part but two or three practice again it’ll be perfect.”

Chanyeol is having band – along with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo at vocal, Kai on bass and he’s a rapper too, Sehun on drum and Suho on keyboard. and Chanyeol – he’s on guitar position and rap too. and they will having charity performances next week., then the earnings will be given to the orphanage.

“Glad to hear that. You guys will doing great! And everyone will love the performance too. I believe it.” I smiled, sincerely wish the best for them (and especially for my unofficially bae mueheh //slapped hard//)

“It’ll be, I hope so. Thanks a lot, Jieun. Its all because of you.”he smiled gently.

Why his smile is must be so damn… -

eh, wait what?

“Because of me?”I repeat, puzzled with his word.

Chanyeol grined, then handed me something. “You must come. I have something to show to you.”

Its their ticket performances. I’m still puzzled with his sudden weird act, didn’t realize that we are already reach our class and he’s now gone into his class.

“What does he mean by ‘something’?”I whispered, my imagination gone crazy. Did it means…

“Hey Jieun!” Jiyeon shocked me and literally brings me back to the earth surface. gosh why is jiyeon voice must be that loud? poor my ears..

“What happen to you? standing here alone like the lost puppy. Let’s go to class!”

“Uh ok, I’m coming, Jiyeon. and I’m not puppy anyway, no matter how cute I am.”

“sigh Jieun. Not in this early morning.” Jiyeon rolled her eyes. I laughed and following Jiyeon’s step walking to our class.

although … the question is keep on my mind, cannot shrugh it off even a while.

Really, what’s Chanyeol mean by his word?

×

It’s dismissal time and I run away from Jiyeon and my other fellas to my ‘secret’ place. not really, but not many student know this place. its my favourite place anyway: the most edges of the school garden. many trees blocking to this way that’s why this beautiful place not really exposed.

“Ok. Chanyeol asked me so I have to.” Don’t blame me using his as my motivation, because when it comes to his matter, I’ll usually full of spirits.

I stare blankly into my sheet music book. what should I write?

I’m trying hard to keep Chanyeol on my mind…. the way he smiled…. the way he praised me…. the way he chuckled… the way he laugh…

and I’m trying to remembering Chanyeol’s smells, Chanyeol’s eyes, lips, nose, ear, I just starting to remembering everything about him….

this sound ert but after this my hand starting to write some lyrics. Okay!

Five minutes passed already. and surprisingly I’ve done written the lyrics! unbelieveable, I thought at myself. I look at my watch, there’s some minutes left before the lesson start.

I ran to school building, without second thought I ran to music’s room. I sighed in relief that nobody is there and I freely composed the tone with my guitar.

 

Can I say I’m a genius? because after only one hour more I’ve done a song! even I’ve given this song tittle (which is Peach) something very unusual from me. usually, I always hard finding the right tittle but not this one.

MASTERPIECE!

“ok. let’s listen to it.” I started to playing this from the start with my guitar. eh, my school’s guitar, I mean.

My eyes keep going to that white face

Why don’t I even get sick of you?

When you slightly smile at me, I really go crazy

How can you be so pretty baby?

I just smiled while singing this. You definitely know who is on my mind while singing this song. ehe

                How can I explain this feeling?

When I see you, my heart becomes numb and sore

Oh, with what word can I explain you?

All the words of the world is probably not enough

………………………………………….

 

 

About three minutes I’ve finish singing. Okay. I’m really confident about this song!

I ran to tell Jiyeon – ok not Chanyeol, I’ll tell to him as surprise if I’m already submit this – but my steps stopped as I hear music from another room. I stopped for awhile and peered into a room, and gosh its Taeyeon – my sunbaenim – and she’s a senpai at singing and composing music!

“Gosh… her voice is so damn beautiful…”I murmured.

“How about this song, Stephanie?”Taeyeon asked her best buddy ever – Tiffany.

“Don’t call me with my real name, Taengu. its sounds weird.”

“Sorry Tiff but I thought its not even weird. so, how about that song? eum?”

“Its my favourite, literally. your voice – gosh! cannot find the best description for that.”

Taeyeon chuckled.”You always said like that. give me your real comment!”

“Your voice are really beautiful, Taeng! And this song… I really like this a lot. You must think your boyfriend while writing the lyrics…”

Taeyeon smiles shyly.”You really know me. Thankyou, anyway. I’ll submit this into that National Song-Writing Contest, that contest that I’ve talked about for about this whole month. Yes, that one, Tiff. If you really like this, then I’ll believe I’ll at least take the third place.”

 

I gulped. Taeyeon sunbae will participate too to that competition? and she’s going to submit the song that she’ve sang before.

you know, the difference about my music and hers is about sky and earth. its too much different! and you don’t know how much good song that she have.

I suddenly feel ashamed to myself. sigh, this song will never be able to take the third place. oh, don’t even dream about the third place! my song probably will be burn by the judge even before they saw it.

I feel like I’m going to cry. I look again into my sheet music book, and suddenly I fee like I’m holding a trash.

“Genius? I’m making fool of myself.”I murmured.”No wonder why Jihwan laugh really loud when listen to my song…”

with so much disappointment I throw my sheet music book into a trash. anyway, its perfect place for it.

“Forget about National Song-Writing Contest. You won’t even make it, Lee Jieun.”

×

It’s the day! yeah, finally E X O – Chanyeol band - will perfom this night. I’m feel so excited but the horrible things happen four hours before the event.

“JIYEON HELP MEEEH. I REALLY HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR FOR SERIOUSLY ITS DANGERRRR HELP MEEE.” I cried.

“Whoa whoa whoa… slow down bae! I believe that there are so many dress or anything you can wear.”Jiyeon trying to calmed me on the telephone.

“Yes it is. But nothing I can wear to watch Chanyeol’s performances!”

“You must be kidding me. It is about Chanyeol again?!?”

“Yes it is and you must for definitely help me. Jiyeon, will you?”

Jiyeon sighed.”You look beautiful in everything you wear, bae. believe me.”

“Thanks bae but the problem is I must impressed Chanyeol, not you. sorry not sorry.”

Jiyeon trying hard not to yelling. “Ok, it’ll be cold outside so use warm outfit. Just wear simple shirt and sweater that you buy two days ago. I like that sweater to be honest, and it fits you well! and don’t forget to wear black long stocking. Use natural make up and wear kets shoes. it is simple but nice, believe me.”

“OH MY GOD THANKS JIYEON THAT’S BRILLIANT!”

I rushed to search my new sweater that Jiyeon talked about, thanks god I found it quickly. after several minutes, I finish dressing and finish with my make up too.

“Jiyeon?”I phoned her again.

“What’s again???”

“Will you pick me to school, pretty please?”

“AARGH”

I laughed hard. sorry Jiyeon, its really not my first time made her into difficulties keke.

×

“Woah its full of crowd!” I almost cannot recognize my school. the yard is transformed into a concert hall. the yard which is usually use for ceremony now crowded by many people whom already here for watch EXO 3rd mini concert. it is beyond my expectation! last year when EXO held their concert the yard is not really crowd like this. maybe but I’m sure this is true because they’re so many people who holding a banner, they’ll fallin love with EXO’s performance and tell this to their friends. muehehe, look, there are so many strangers here, which is EXO already gain popularity in another senior high school. maybe, another junior high school too?

I started to searching his figure in this crowd, bless my sense I found him quickly but sadly, I found him with a girl.

and guess what? its not an ordinary girl.

its Krystal.

Let me tell you, Krystal is my biggest-scariest-most-dangerous-rival-ever. actually she’s kind, maybe if its not Chanyeol matter I could be her fans too, but something from her always bothered me. its no other than her perfection. she’s so damn perfect! every guy dreaming to be her boyfriend or just to be her bestfriend or even just to have her attention. her background family is great – no doubt – and she’s study at a very famous school - her body is flawless, and her beauty is … awesome. she’s so stunning in every  moment, in everything  she wear, in every single times, and moreover, she’s smart, her voice is good, creative, mature, cute, and athletic AT THE SAME TIMES. she’s a type queenkas kind girl who so damn adorable and nobody hate her (except for who envied her, don’t call my name!) and she doesn’t even care about her popularity. she’s hard to get to, and she’s…. swag, must admit that. CAN YOU FIND ANYBODY MORE PERFECT THAN HER? I DARE YOU TO FIND WHOEVER THAT PERSON IS.

To be honest, I feel proud of course EXO’s hardwork is successfully gain many popularities but somehow, I feel sad too. EXO’s fans is too many now, I even cannot count them anymore – the activities I always did when EXO newly formed and tell every fans update to Chanyeol as morning topic – and now that topic is gone because they’re having official fansite now and that fansite update every fans whom enroll. Its amazing I though, because in fact they are just a school-band (but I believe they’ll be a successful band indie in the future). another things that make me sad is this : EXO’s has many fans now. you know what? the competition is getting tougher! based on my survey, Chanyeol has most fans! although I have a higher chance because I was his bestfriend (I thought so. or it just my feelings? I don’t know sure TT) but do not rule out possibility that I might lose. by the way, I liking him since I saw his performance for the first time ever but I never tell him my true feelings toward him. I never get the courage! you can call me as you want but this is the fact. if Chanyeol realize how beautiful their fans is… if Chanyeol then start liking one of them…

I don’t know more. I don’t want to imagine it.  

and moreover… if my thought is true about Chanyeol claim myself as a bestfriend…

then it will be. never more, never less. I’ll be trapped at that ‘damn-friend-zone’.

and believe it or not… its my biggest fear.

AND THE MOST DANGEROUS THING IS, THERE’s KRYSTAL JUNG, THE MOST PERFECT GIRL IN THIS CENTURY. EVERYBOY KNEW SHE HAD A CRUSH FOR CHANYEOL SINCE A LONG TIME AGO, AND THE WORST PART IT SHE’S CHANYEOL’s CHILDHOOD FRIENDS, WHICH IS SHE HAVE MORE HIGHER CHANCE THAN THE UGLY DUCKING LIKE ME. CURSE MYSELF FOR TRYING TO BE PRETTY, TO TRYING TO IMPRESSED CHANYEOL. THERE’S NO CHANCE FOR ME, THERE’S A QUEENKAS WHO WILL BLOCK EVERYTHING.

AND LOOK, CHANYEOL SMILING BACK AT HER! THEY’RE HAVING SO MUCH FUN! CHANYEOL MUST BE LIKE HER SO MUCH. OH, WHO DOESN’T? IT JUST CRAZY PERSON WHO WILL NOT FALLING FOR HER CHARM.

WHY KRYS. WHY MUST CHANYEOL? CAN YOU JUST GIVE THAT GIANT TO ME? CAN’T YOU FIND HOTTER GUY THAN HIM? YOUR SCHOOL IS SO HIGH CLASS BUT WHY YOU HAD CRUSH AT THE PERSON IN THIS SCHOOL. CAN YOU JUST SIT AT YOUR SCHOOL AND DON’T MAKE A NOISE IN ANOTHER SCHOOL?

I BEG YOU PLEASE DON’T OR I WILL –

STOP, LEE JIEUN. BEHAVE! Ok. Breath, Lee Jieun, breath. Inhale – exhale. breaaaaaaaath. keep calm. you’ll die anyway if murder everybody’s lover. forget it. breaaath. let her be. breaaaaaaath. just ignore. breaaaaaaaaath!

I trying to keep myself cool and not let myself stab her anytime. no, keep your cool, Lee Jieun.

 

“Jieun! finally you come.” Chanyeol finally realized my existence, I don’t know since when he’s already standing beside me. I turned and faced Chanyeol whom greeted me with his smile. I smiled back at him - a bitter one. luckily krystal is gone now, so I can breath easily and gathering my confident again. I don’t know where she is and I don’t want to know either.

“Of course I do.”

“I’ve booked the most front seat for you. Let me show you.”

I know Chanyeol is too kind, so no wonder if he act like this. I couldn’t expect more.

“Thanks, but i liked to sit with Jiyeon. is it okay?” I don’t know why I reject this great offer. maybe, that its-just-kindness-from-a-friend-not-more-not-less thought pissed me off. and that krystal girl, oh if I can’t control myself maybe I’ll just go home and eat.

Chanyeol seems doesn’t like with this idea but his smile is back so fast.”Its okay. I’ll booked the seat behind yours Jieun, so Jiyeon can sit beside you.”

“Eh, but..-”

“Its okay.”Chanyeol cut me with his smile, and without waiting my reaction he is gone in the crowd.

“sigh…”

 

in the end, Chanyeol really booked Jiyeon’s seat just for my sake. but for Jiyeon, she’s really thankful to him because she can see Sehun clearly. jiyeon is not having crush with him, but she is biased. oh, I must tell you, no one can deny Sehun’s charm. if Chanyeol wasn’t there, maybe I’ll like Jiyeon, crazy over my own junior. and if you curious, Krystal’s seat is in front too, but luckily its quite far away from me. THANKS GOD /sigh in relief/

after five minutes, the concert finally begin. I was surprised because only Chanyeol who is on the stage. usually, Suho the leader who do the opening.

 

“Good evening everyone.”Chanyeol greeted the audience. in response, the audience shouted full of spirits.

“Thanks for coming to EXO 3rd mini concert. for this concert, personally for me and maybe for the rest of the group too, this concert is the most special. because firstly, this is the charity concert. the earnings will be given to the orpahanage. We were really glad because finally we can share with the other. and second…” Chanyeol give the break, I’m not sure but my feeling tell that he is take a glance to me, or it just my feeling again? I don’t know.

“This concert is special because we won’t sing our song tonight.”he continued.

audience began whispering full of curiousity and for me, I just confused. won’t sing their song? so, what song they will sing tonight? maybe… an old song? or cover song? this time, I still I don’t know.

“We will sing our friend’s song. she is my bestfriend, and tell you all, she’s a great composer. but, she doesn’t even know how great she is. she is not confident with her own song… so, here we us, EXO, to help her. please listen to us, and love this song too. and please enjoy the concert.”

the light is off now and I can see the members is preparing in their own position. when the light is on, the music is start to play.

 

when the music is playing, and Baek-Soo start to sing, I feel I know this song. the tone is not new for me, and I start to wonder, when I hear this song?

then sudden realization hit me.

WAIT . A . SECOND .

OH-MY-GOD.

is

that

my

s-

so

song?

IS THAT REALLY MY FREAKING SONG?!

THAT CAN’T BE TRUEEE!

the music keep playing and Baeksoo keep singing as if it was their own song, they’re singing it it perfectly, and I just speechless at my own seat.

they’re truly sing my song, holy god. I tittled it Take My Hand, and I don’t know how that song can be singing by them, I don’t know how they’re can sing that song perfectly. How can?!

then I’m really sure Chanyeol take a glance to me this time. and he’s smiling.

And I don’t need to questioned again who is the person behind all of this.

its obviously because of him.

×

The concert keep going and I never expect the audience seem so satisfied with the first three song, which is Take My Hand, Dreaming, and Lucky. and it’s all my song, actually its my old song and almost forgot I ever compose those song. I’m still cannot even move, I just staring blankly at the stage. sometimes, another EXO’s member take a glance to me too, give a smile or thumbs up, and I just have many question spinning on my head non-stop. its all because Chanyeol, its obvious, but how can he?

The fourth song is start to play. the next song is… Friday. its one of my favourite song that I’ve ever composed, and I must praised EXO especially BaekSoo because the song becomes so beautiful with their voices.

Whatever you say, but I started to cried. yeah, my eyes started to teary, and the concert keep going as my tears keep falling. as the crowd keep shouting excitedly, as Chanyeol keep playing his guitar, playing my songs…..

“Chanyeol, how dare you… its my song…” I was sobbing at the middle of the crowd, luckily so no one recognize me.

One hour have already passed, EXO had singing 7 songs, which is Take My Hand, Dreaming, Voice Mail, Lucky, Friday, Someday, and Don’t Go. They were really sang my song.

and my tears is almost out of stock. damnit.

EXO now is on backstage, they’re preparing for final song.

“Jieun, where is Jieun?” I feel like someone is calling my name.”Jieun, she’s here!” its Jiyeon voice. Then someone approached us, and I know her – she’s Amber, the one who always organize EXO’s concert.

“Me?”I asked – confused.”Ah, yes you! Jieun, right?”she asked brightly.”Follow me. They really want to talk to you.”

“They? Who?” Amber just smiled hearing my question.”Just follow me already.”She stated. I have no choice and followed her, Jiyeon asked me but I just shrugged my shoulders because I don’t know too.

After we were out from the crowd then she exclaimed suddenly.”You’re a genius!”

“Huh?”

“I really like your song, really.”she smiled, and I know her smile is so sincere. I smiled back, feeling happy because finally there’s someone else who praised my amateur songs. Not my friends, not my family who praised it because pitied me.

“My favourite is Someday and Friday. its easy listening and I like the lyrics too. oh no, I love it!”

“Amber, are you sure?”I asked, confused. is she really listening to it?

“Yeah. At the first I was rejected Chanyeol’s idea outright. But after EXO’s started to played the song and practiced hard everyday, I’m in love with it!”

“C.. Chanyeol’s idea? Practice hard – everyday?”I was speechless.

“Yeah, he – eh, we’re here. Guys, its our genius!”

Amber took me to the backstage, and there’s EXO, five hottie guys who most popular in this century, with their sweat shirts, smiling widely to me. Just realized there’s no Chanyeol among them.”Annyeong, Jieun. I regret I never greet you before. By the way, I’m Suho.”

I just stare blankly to this six crazy people whom call me genius. I smiled awkwardly to them, really want to hug all of them but to be honest, I don’t know how to react and I forgot how to act cool and stunning and beautifuly in front of these guys. seriously, my mind keep blank at that time.

maybe, this is the effect when you’re surrounded by five breath-taking guys.

“I’m Kyungsoo. Thanks for helping this concert. and really, I love your songs.”

“Hello Jieun! I’m the maknae, Oh Sehun. Wah wah, can I learn to compose a song to you sometimes, senpai?”

“Sssh! Let this hyung learn first. oh yea, I’m Baekhyun, can I get your number, Jieun? so I can ask to you anytime to learn how to compose a song. kekeke…” 

“Kim Jongin but just call me Kai. Its nice to meet you in your song, but then its more nice to meet you in person.”

“Stop playing with Jieun, guys.”

I don’t know when Chanyeol appear in front of me, making a wall by his giant body to protect me from his fellas. and at that moment… how to describe that? its like all air around me disappeared, make me really hard to breath. Still, Chanyeol’s charm defeat all this five hotties’s charms altogether.

“I just ask for her number. Mbleh.”

“You’ve bae already, remember that.”

“But I just want to learn from her. ah yeah whatever, but by the way Jieun, you will give your number to me yeah?”

“Ya!” Baekhyun laughed hard seeing mad-Chanyeol.”easy boy, I won’t steal yours.”

To be honest, I don’t know what they’re talking about and all I want to do is disappear from that situation because I don’t know what must I do at the moment when Chanyeol turned out and faced me.

“Guys we don’t have so much time. Your fans are waiting crazily outside. And I think Jieun really deserves an explanation. so will you please stop playing first and focus? we’re still in the middle of the concert, kindly remind all of you.”said Amber, make all EXO’s member shout their mouth and whoah, is Amber really have that power to calmed all this five noisy hotties? Cool!

“Jieun.” Chanyeol turned out his body too suddenly, making me back a few steps as a respons. really, how to act cool and act as if nothing happened after this?

“I’m sorry at first. Must admit that I stole your song, but its not really because I asked Jihwan first to gave me your sheet music book. Calm down, Jieun, don’t do anything to your brother, its all my fault. Sorry I didn’t tell you first because I know you won’t let me, so I have no choice instead to brought your sheet music book secretly. We’re gonna pay to you – of course, but the point is I just want to let you know that your song is great by this concert. I know you won’t join that songwriting contest, Jihwan told me and Jieun, I remind you its not his fault - so I thought this is the best way.”

I have no word to said to him, so I just keep remained silent. my tears starting to blury my eyes.

afraid that i might burst into anger, he continued nervously,“Sorry Jieun, I’ve another to tell to you and you can mad at me but I beg you you should do it later, because you have to perform now.”

W h a t ?

“Jieun, I beg you to perform this song now.”he show me my damaged sheet music book, oh and that is …

Peach’s song.

What on earth he manage to find it and then suddenly beg me to perform it in front of his crazy fans!??!?

“Ho.. how can..”I murmured, really speechless. I had threw that book into the trashcan. no one ever know that I’ve made that song, not Jiyeon my bestfriend, not even Jihwan my annoying-but-straightforward-and-loyal-listener.

“Actually… I heard you when you sang this song. I really love it, and I was really sad when you threw this great song. so… I picked it.”

CHANYEOL WAS HEARD ME SANG THAT SONG. TEACH ME HOW TO BREATH AGAIN, SOMEONE!

“Jieun, they must know that song we sang earlier it was yours. And you’ll know it that they all love your song… so you can two hundred percent sure you’re more than worthy to joining that contest.”

“Chanyeol.”my voice is trembling.”You did this just because of .. me?”

“Yes.”he answered without doubt.”I really want you to join that contest, Jieun. If you win this contest, then I believe your father will let you to be a composer. He’ll believe your talent. Yeah, Jieun. I know your biggest problem with your parents, about your dream, Jihwan told me too but once again I remind you he’s innocent. I just really wanted to help you out. Sincerely, Jieun. I’ve no other reason.”

“You..”I still gathering my power, I really want to cry but I don’t want to – this is complicated and in the end I just hard to breath.

“Jieun, I’m sorry.”

I’m trying hard not to hug him, I’m trying hard not to yell how much this is mean for me, I’m trying hard not to shout loud that I love him so much more, but I couldn’t do that. in the end, I’m just freeze at my position.

“Five minutes, guys. Jieun, its okay if you don’t want to perform, we will not force you anyway.”Amber smiled, trying to break the ice between us.

“Jieun…”Chanyeol whispered nervously. he still want me to perform seemingly, and it seems that the rest want that too. even Amber, who said its okay if I don’t want to. I see them all one by one… EXO and Amber already done this for me, the rest is up to me, then their concert will be a big success. and I don’t want to ruin that, I don’t want to make my guardian angel disappointed….

And as Chanyeol said, its my time to prove it all. It’s the right time – and this chance will never come to me again.

“But i forgot the lyrics and the tone too.”I said with a low voice, break the silent.

Hearing my statement Chanyeol’s face was suddenly brighten up.”Its ok, Jieun. you can see to this sheet if you forgot. and I’ll play the guitar for you. You will perform this song, yeah? will you?”

“Will you really accompany me? promise?”

“Promise. I’ll play the guitar for you.”he smiled.

I take a deep breath. Suho, Sehun, Baekhyun, Kai, and Kyungsoo give me a smile who transformed into a great strength for me. Amber patted my shoulder,”Jieun! finally I’ll hear you singing live. shut ‘em up with your great music, Jieun! Go!”

I go prepare with Chanyeol and Amber told me some instruction for two minutes, then Chanyeol went up to the stage and give a speech. meanwhile i’m nervously waiting for my turn to go to the stage.

oh my gosh. I never expect this day will ever happen to me. this is my dream.. perform my song and prove that my song is great too… and someone who very special make it comes true…

“Hello everyone, finally we got to the end of the concert. for the last song, sadly EXO won’t perform.”

I can clearly hear their protest, but it seems Chanyeol can calmed them by his word.Yes it is, he has that ability.”But the happy news is the last song will be present by the owner of the song that we sang earlier. its no other than my friend, my classmates, and my inspirator too. She’s one of the reason why I could be standing here right now..”

what is he mean by that…

“So… please listen to her. I assure you won’t regret hear her very special song and her angelic voice. Please welcome, Lee Jieun!”

Amber pushed me to the stage and with trembling step I walk slowly to the center of the stage. The audience seem doesn’t like me, with full of curiousity but more like odd looks they look at me. Its like, ‘get down girl all we want to see is our hottie oppas’

I ignore that thought and nervously take my mic.

“Hi. I’m Lee Jieun.”I said, awkwardly. Really! I don’t really know what I’ve must said. the audience makes me frightened. Then I saw Jiyeon, she gave her best smile to me and make a ‘fighting’ pose, surely she cheer me up. I smiled. She gave me so much strength.

“First of all, I want to thanked my best buddies and the rest of EXO, and Amber too, whom prepared this concert for me. And thankyou thank you for letting me stand on stage I should not deserve. Really, there’s no word to describe how grateful I am.”

“As he told me to sing the last song, although I’m not confident with myself and I know you guys didn’t want hear me sing but then I would, for paid the hardwork of EXO, for reply to what he had done for me.”I looked to Chanyeol, giving my smile to let he know that i really appreciate what he had done for me.

“The last song is Peach. the song that I’ve threw but he was the one who rescued it. No one ever hear this song except me and him. I hope you guys will like it a lot. Thankyou.”

Chanyeol give me his best smile when the light is off. I can hear he whispered to me, “Fighting, Jieuna.”

I nodded, I gather my strength and my confident, took a deep breath and trying to come together with the music, trying to feel that song, trying to keep Chanyeol on my mind as when I created that song. Chanyeol’s guitar playing the intro already, then its my turn . . .

×

Nobody could describe what am I feeling when and after perform. It was … more than amazing. I didn’t expect they would give me applause at least. I was so touched – my tears almost falling again but thanks I manage to hold on it.

“You did great! that was amazing!”

“Jieun you should be a diva at first!”

“Good job Jieun, you made a big success to our concert, and to EXO.”

“Your voice.. and that song too… I really love it.”

“You should be our composer already! isn’t it cool? we have our own composer!”

“I’m officially your fan now.”

They were showering me with compliment and i was crying at the backstage – that feels urgh – they patted my shoulder proudly – all of them, EXO and Amber,and the others too, they who manage EXO’s concert. all of them give an applause to me.

Even Jiyeon running to me after I’ve performed, and hugged me tightly. whispering how much she proud of me.

 

“I asked for your responsibility. you made me cried.”I complained. he laughed,”you finally made it.”

“we made it.”I corrected him. he smiled, nodded.

“Let’s go somewhere. its too crowd here.”

“eh? how about the party? they said you guys will have a party to celebrate this.”

“I can do it later with the boys, and with you too. But for now its seems that you really need quiet place to cries.”  without waiting my reaction he took my hand and lead me to somewhere. in fact he took me to indoor hall, place we were usually use for sports.

“Nah, you can cries now.”

After several minutes passed, and I’ve enough let my tears burst out, I let out a heavy breath. too many feels that I hold in.

“Chanyeol.”I called him.”eum?”

“You know, it was the best gift ever that I ever had although its not my birthday.”

he chuckled.

“You can paid it by joining that contest. you have no doubt anymore, am I right?”

I nodded.”it was all because of you.”I looked at him, and then said seriously,”Congratulations, Park Chanyeol. you’ve entered my best-buddies-ever list.”

“Oh my god Lee Jieun. Did I just enter this day?! I thought I’ve entered that list since a long time ago.”he pretended to be mad. his mad face was too cute. no wonder why I laughed.

“Then how about me? I entered in which category on your list?”I asked. he suddenly being quiet, and then whispered,”its secret.”

“Ah!”I shouted,”Its not fair!”

“Haha… You’re my bestfriend too, Lee Jieun. But I have other name for my list. and I won’t let you know which list you are in.”

“Playing mysterious again, huh? You’re no fun, Park Chanyeol.” he laughed hearing my protest.

“Keep calm, girls. I will let you know, but not now.”

“Then when?”

“Are you free this weekend?”

“uh?”I asked, confused.


 

 

Alo! first story from meh. Sorry for all grammar mistakes ; hoping for your understanding because english is not my mother language and i'm still learning. open for critics and suggest. 

i hope you love it as much as i do.

and sorry for the ending tbh (lol) i'll write the sequel if you guys love it. for now, i'll leave it be.

thankies /spread jieun's deadly wink/