Moon River Waltz

Taemin & Mi-Young: Moon River Waltz(SPIN-OFF)

A/N: Please enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I looked at the beauty standing a little away from me, mesmerized by the innocence her small frame radiated. I took her in. Her black straight hair which cascaded down the upper half of her back. Her long light-purple dress in light material, which hugged her curves in all the right places. The shy look on her face as she looked down after my aunt said something I couldn't quite catch from where I was standing. I was leaning against the doorframe with a glass of red wine in my right hand.

We were at my aunt’s birthday party. They made the party into something bigger than usual. A little fancier.

They lived in the countryside so that's where we were - at the countryside, far away from Seoul. I had always liked it here since it was quiet, and I had many memories growing up here as well. I decided to bring Mi-Young along with us. I refused to go without her so she agreed in the end although she clearly stated that she wasn't the type to go all fancy.

The music was loud and people were dancing on the dance floor. They were mostly family.

When I focused my eyes on Mi-Young again, I noticed that she was now standing alone and looking quite uneasy and uncomfortable. It was understandable considering the fact that she knew very few people here.

It seemed as if she was looking for someone. The corner of my lip turned upwards into a lopsided smile.

Moving away from the doorframe, I took one last sip from my glass before putting it on the kitchen counter to get the chance to move my body swiftly in-between the people to get to Mi-Young. As soon as I stood behind her, I bent slightly down so I could smell her sweet scent. “Looking for me?” I whispered into her ear.

She twirled around to face me with wide eyes and her right hand against the left side of her chest. I smiled and didn't give her a chance to say anything as I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my embrace.

I could feel her chuckling against my chest as she lightly slapped my arm, just to return the embrace in the end.

Smiling softly, I rested my chin on top of her head as I closed my eyes and started to let my thoughts trail down a path of simple questions with answers just a bit more complicated. Such as, how such a simple gesture like wrapping your arms around a person – someone I loved – make such strong feelings surface? As greasy as it sounded, it felt like she held the other half of my heart. I missed her whenever she wasn't within my range and the only way I felt complete was whenever I had some sort of physical contact with her. It gave me some sort of comfort and made me feel secure. Just like this.

A sigh of contentment was released from my lips.

I didn't know how much time had passed standing there, but I eventually let my right hand glide down her arm and down to her hand which held a light grip on my tux. I intertwined our fingers and let it drop to our side before taking a step back, heads close.

“Do you wanna get out of here?” I whispered and received a look of question from Mi-Young. “Where to?” Of course, as far as she knew there wasn't any other place to go being that we were far away from the city. 

I gave her hand a light squeeze and a smile of reassurance before I turned around to walk in the direction of the front door. I could see her questioning face expression at the corner of my eye. I just sent her a teasing smile and continued towards the back door. As it was already open, we just walked through it. There was also many people here outside, enjoying the view of the river while talking and enjoying the mild night air.

Since we were at the countryside, the house was isolated from the other houses. The next house was a few miles away if you continued down the road.

The only source of light was the lights coming from the house, the moon high up on the sky, and the millions of stars surrounding the moon.

“Let's just take a walk,” I said and looked down at her. She nodded her head hesitantly.

“Alright..” she said, sounding unsure. I could sense her fear so I squeezed her hand and sent her a smile to make her calm down a bit. “Don't worry. We won't go too far. And I'm here with you either way.”

She seemed to relax a bit at that so we started to walk the opposite direction of the house with slow steps, away from the loud music and all of the guests.

Although there was a silence, it was the comfortable type of silence. It felt fulfilling enough just to hold her hand as we walked on the grass along the river. The need for words was non-existent right at the moment.

Mi-Young suddenly stopped and let go of my hand shortly to bend down and take off her heels. I could see a smile of satisfaction form on her face as she took them off, holding both of the heels on her left hand before grabbing my own with her free one once again.

“Heels aren't so comfortable,” she explained as she held them up with a smile. I smiled in amusement as we started to walk once again. I could imagine.

We kept walking and only stopped once the music from the party was a faint background music. That was when we just stood there beside each other with our faces turned up towards the black sky, lightened up by the stars and the moon.

I turned my gaze down a moment later before taking off my jacket to spread it down on top of the fresh grass.

“Sit,” I said and patted the jacket once, indicating for her to sit there.

“It will get dirty..” she lowly mumbled with a frown. “It's okay,” I said and smiled at her worried expression. She didn’t look too happy but gave up the arguments and slowly sat herself on my jacket, the light material of her pastel purple dress spreading around her on the ground.

I couldn't seem to take my eyes off of her, and she noticed that.

“You're staring..” she pointed out and looked down at her hands as her face turned crimson. It wasn't too apparent under the faint light of the moon, but it was still somewhat noticeable. I found it adorable.

“You're beautiful,” I stated in the simplest form and she looked away in shyness as soon as those two words left my mouth, the hint of a smile on her lips.

Mi-Young's dark hair fell down her shoulder at that and covered her face like a curtain between us. I lifted my hand and gently moved some of it behind her ear. She slowly lifted her gaze to my face again. “You're being unusually quiet..”

I turned my head away and looked at the calm river where the reflection of the moon was seen and took a deep breath in while closing my eyes.

“I might not have said so much but it feels that way..” I said. None of us said anything for a moment.

“What do you mean?” she slowly questioned.

Hm... I pursed my lips as I thought of how I should form the words. “Just... my mind is filled with thoughts so.. It doesn’t feel like I haven’t said much,” I explained the best way I could. She didn't question me any further as she just smiled and leaned her head on my shoulder quietly. I leaned into her side as well and placed a light kiss on the top of her head, taking in the sweet scent of her hair.

“Thank you,” I said after a while. Mi-Young shifted a bit. “For what?”

“For coming with me tonight. I would have died of boredom had you not been here,” I confessed. Mi-Young chuckled. “I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. The party is quite nice,” she replied and gently nudged my side. I smiled. “Trust me, if I took you to every single party being held you would think differently,” I playfully told her.

“Well... I guess one party once in a long while is enough too I guess,” she playfully agreed.

“But you know what?” I started once again.

“What?”

“I haven't gotten my dance for tonight.” Mi-Young immediately moved her head from my shoulder and looked at me with slightly widened eyes. “I don't dance though!”

I chuckled at her horror-struck face. “I don't dance either. But I'd like my first dance to be with my lovely girlfriend,” I explained before I stood up and brushed my black pants from the small pieces of fresh grass. Mi-Young remained seated. “I really can't..” she apologetically mumbled. I pretended not to hear her and offered her my hand instead. “May I have this dance, my lovely lady?”

She blushed as she hesitantly took my hand with a defeated expression while I chuckled and lifted her up from the ground.

I pulled her petite frame towards me and placed her left hand on my shoulder while taking her right hand in mine. She was obviously nervous as she locked her eyes onto our feet. I took the first slow step to the right and Mi-young immediately followed after as she looked up at me with slightly widened eyes. I smiled widely at the cute expression of horror on her face before I took a step to the other side. She naturally tried to hurry and took a step to the side too.

I had to admit; it was a very clumsy dance.

After a few failed tries, we just stood on the exact same spot with the side of her face resting on my chest.

In the beginning, we swayed from side to side to the faraway music coming from the party. However, as we drifted further away into our own thoughts, we eventually started swaying to a music only the two of us could hear. I nuzzled against her head and gently rubbed her back, worried that she might be getting cold. “How are you feeling?” I gently asked.

“Good.” She simply replied in a gentle voice.

“You aren’t cold?”

“No..”

I smiled and moved my head slightly back before I lifted her chin to look into her eyes. “Are you sure?”

She nodded her head and went on her tippy toes to peck my lips. “Don’t worry about me,” she smilingly said.

I suddenly didn't focus on her words. Not because I didn't want to, but simply because I wasn't able to. As soon as I had one touch of her sweet lips, it seemed like I couldn’t focus on anything else.

So my eyes remained on the soft-looking, plumb lips of hers and I continuously shifted my gaze from her beautiful eyes to her glossed lips and back up again. 

Without further ado, I buried my hand into the hair on the back of her head before I pressed my lips onto her own. I immediately enjoyed the silky smooth feeling I felt.

I wasn’t usually this direct but something about her tonight, at this moment, made me let loose. I ran my fingers down her jawbone and gently on her bottom lip. She held a tight grip on my white shirt as I covered fully with mine once again.

If I had had a choice I wouldn’t have pulled away for the next few minutes at least, but both of us needed air. Therefore, after trying to hold out for as long as possible, I reluctantly pulled away and gasped after air as I rested my forehead against hers. She seemed quite breathless too – dizzy even. It made me smile a bit at the knowledge of me having this effect on her. She had the same effect on me too however, so it was only fair.

I closed my eyes and swallowed down to get myself together.

“I couldn’t help it,” I explained as loudly as my voice allowed me to – which really wasn’t that loud.

“Well, I wasn’t complaining..” she truthfully replied. I wrapped my arms around her even tighter and smiled widely.

“I’ve never met a girl quite like you. Someone whose beauty shines from the inside out…” I smiled in contentment. “I couldn’t wish for more.”

“But I’m really not as perfect as you describe me,” she said and blushed. “I love everything about you, Mi-Young. Even your imperfections. I’ve learned to love those too so to me, nobody will ever be able to compare,” I admitted.

Mi-Young looked into my eyes as happiness took over her features. “Thank you for everything, Taemin.” She took my hand and intertwined them before pecking my lips once. “Oh, and I don’t recall me mentioning this, but you look quite handsome tonight,” she continued with a wide smile.

I laughed and bent down to give her one last kiss before we would head back. Was there a way to stop time? Cause I would give anything to be stuck in this moment.