Girl At The Coffee Shop

Distant Romance

Listen to: So High (Girl At The Coffee Shop) | Jeff Bernat & PMac

Jay.

It's been a week since I've seen Michelle. Dok2 came to visit me for about a month. I told him about my situation with Michelle. He just laughed at me. What a nice dongsaeng. NOT. My cousin has taken a liking to Dok2, and I am not happy about it.

Jenni was to innocent for him. She loved puppies and cute stuff, and he liked rap and tattoos. I don't even know why or how she fell for him.

Anyway, Michelle's been on my mind ever since I watched her walk away from me. My heart felt heavy. Trust me. It was NOT a nice feeling.

I decided to go to the Korean inspired coffee shop today. Just to get my mind cleared up. Entering the coffee shop, I bowed to the lady working at the door. She lead me to a small booth, and handed me a menu. After taking my order, she bowed and walked away. 

I looked around the coffee shop. A girl at the door caught my eye. Michelle was here! My heart started pounding. She looked really nice again. She wore a red letterman jacket over a loose white v-neck shirt (no necklace) with shiny Nike Air Jordans.

"M-Michelle!" I called a little too loudly. Everybody turned to stare at me. I felt my ear get warm as she looked my way. Michelle bowed to the lady, and headed over to me. "Hey Jay. Fancy seeing you here."

I nodded, and gestured for her to sit down in front of me. She slid into the booth, and placed her phone on the table. "How've you been? I'm sorry for just leaving. My class was starting early."

"I've been good, just thinking a lot lately." I absentmindedly played with my phone. "Wait class? You go to school here?"

She shook her head. "No, I'm teaching a class here."

"Oh, what are you teaching?" I asked.

"Intermediate and advanced hip-hop." she smiled.

Now I was really interested. "What studio?"

Michelle thought for a moment. "Soreal Dance Studio Seattle (it's not real BTW). You know my cousin, Andrew."

I though for a moment and chuckled. "So, you're the cousin he's been talking about."

She giggled. "Yup. The one and only."

"So, do you have your own crew?" I asked.

Michelle shook her head. "No, my friends and I just dance for fun. We don't compete and stuff."

I nodded in understanding. "That's too bad. I would love to battle you guys."

"Maybe one day." She winked. My heart stopped a little.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

We spent about an hour talking and laughing until we decided to go walk around. It was only four o'clock, and we had the whole day ahead of us. I couldn't help but just watch her talk. The way her lips moved so sensually made me think of something that I shouldn't.

". . . Yeah, I would totally consider moving here. I just need something to keep me here." she said, the strawberry ice cream I bought her.

I can be that something to keep you here. I thought.

"Well, once you find that something, you can call me. I know a couple good places you can move into." I smiled.

"I'll hold you up on that offer, Jay." Michelle smiled. I smiled back.

"Okay, you know all about me, " I started. "but I barely know about you. What do you do?"

She shrugged. "I don't really do anything. I work at my mom's bridal shoppe."

"That's nice, but what do you want to do?" I asked.

Michelle thought for a moment. "Hmm. . . Maybe have my own clothing line or just work with Andrew with Soreal."

"Ah, you have a good sense of style. Maybe fashion and retail is your calling." I smiled.

"Maybe," she looked at her watch. "Uhm, I have a class. Do you want to come? I'm sure your Youtube buddy would love to see you."

My ears perked up at the mention of my Youtube buddy. "YEAH, let's go!"

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

"ANDREW!" I yelled happily as me and Michelle entered the studio.

"JAY!" he have me a hug. 

"Err, you guys catch up. I'm going to change." Michelle said with a look on her face.

"Okay." Andrew smiled. "Bilisan mo, Mimi!"

"Ay, kuya shut up. I am!" she stomped off.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"Nothing special." he chuckled. "I heard from Dokii you got the hots for my cousin."

I nervously scratched the back of my neck. "Ah, yeah. . ?"

Andrew laughed and patted my back. "It's okay. Just don't do anything to hurt her and I won't kick your back to Korea."

I let out a laugh. "Got it."

"Got what?" Michelle's voice said behind us. I turned around and my jaw fell open. Even in sweats (Chachi's outfit lol) she looked good. 

"Okay!" Andrew clapped his hands together. "The dancers are in there, get them to start stretching!"

Michelle rolled her eyes. "I know the drill. Let's go Jay."

I followed her like the lost puppy into the next studio. There was a lot of teenagers there. They were already stretching. Michelle went to the front and joined them. "You want to dance or are you just going to watch?"

I sat on the couch. "I think I'll watch for now."

She smiled. "Suit yourself. Are you guys done?"

A series of 'yeahs' and 'uh huhs' filled the room.  "Okay, get up and make sure you are a good distance from the person next to you."

Everybody got into position and anticipated what she said next. These kids sure are dedicated.

Michelle looked at me. "Jay, can you start the music please?"

I nodded. I saw the remote next to me, and pressed the play button. Michelle started to move to a familiar song. Her students moved in sync with her. Though there were some that messed up just a little, but quickly recovered.

As they finished the routine, Michelle turned to me smiling. "What'd you think?"

I smiled back. "You're a really good choreographer."

"Awwh, thanks. Maybe you can teach me something." she said. I nodded.

"Okay, just freestyle for now!" she called to her students. "You seem quiet. What's up?"

I shrugged. I didn't know. "I'm not sure."

She patted my arm. When she pulled back, I noticed she had a tattoo on the side of her neck. It was just like mine. "Nice tattoo you go there."

Michelle looked at me surprised. "Oh, ahaha. Thanks. I got it a long time ago"

"Well, we match." I smiled. 

"Yay. Ahahaha. I always wanted matching tattoos with somebody." she giggled. Michelle checked her phone. "Oh, CLASS DISMISSED!"

The students started leaving one by one, and soon we were alone. Andrew came in with a smile on his face. "Good work Mimi! They loved you. You should just stay here. We need more people anyway."

"I still need something or someone to keep me here. You don't even live in Seattle, and Ashlee is busy most of the time." she sighed.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever you say." he rolled his eyes.

"I'm telling the truth, bakla." she pouted.

"Don't call me that." Andrew pouted. "Anyway, close up. I'm off to Houston in a couple hours. I'll see you soon Jay."

Andrew hugged Michelle, and waved at me. Then we were alone again.

"I'll change and we can get something to eat okay?" she looked at me, and headed toward another room.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

Once she came out dressed in her previous outfit, we headed out to Panda Express. After ordering, we waited at our table for our order to be called out. I looked out the window. A couple passed by holding hands and laughing together. I sighed. I wish I had that. 

"Yeah, I know how you feel." Michelle sighed. I looked at her confused. "Huh?"

"You know, the loneliness? Yeah, I know how that feels." she explained. "I could never find the right person to give my heart to. I didn't want to risk anything to get myself hurt."

I nodded in understanding. "That's exactly my reason too."

"It's okay being single, but sometimes it's sad cause while your friends are out on dates, you're stuck at home watching movies by yourself." she laughed bitterly.

"Exactly! Now that you're here we can wallow in single-ness together." I grinned.

She nodded. "I'd like that."

After finishing our food, we decided to walk around the park. The lights on the tress made the vibe more romantic. It made our little hang out time like a date. Michelle sat one a bench, and patted the spot next to her. I sat down.

"It's so nice out." Michelle said happily.

"Yup," I nodded. "We should do this again sometime."

"We should," she smiled. "Give me your phone, please."

I handed her my phone, and watched her type. Then her phone rang. She handed me my phone and saved my number in hers. "There, call me anytime."

I grinned widely. "Will do."

"Sorry, I have to go now," she got up. "Feel free to call me. I not busy at all! Loser status, right? Ahaha."

I got up also. "Okay, you call me too. I'm not busy either."

Michelle gave me a hug and stood on her tippy toes and kissed my cheek. "Bye Jay."

When she was gone, I sat there thinking, and touching my cheek. How will I convince her to stay in Seattle? I wanted somebody to come home to. I know my family was here, but sometimes it gets lonely.

Hep is already taken, and he and his girlfriend were always lovey dovey. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I was jealous. Very jealous.


* Bakla = Gay boy

* Bilisan mo = Hurry up

* Kuya = Older brother

Err. . . Yeah. That's it for now :P How was it? HORRIBLE? OR TOTALLY WORTH READING ? :D COMMENT AND SUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!