The Perfect Picture

Camera Film

My name is Hyomin Park and i fell in love by a slip of my finger. I am a photographer but i only take pictures of Landscapes, never of people. Why? Well i always had this idea of only taking the picture of the person i loved, mostly because i know it will compliment my landscapes beautifully, instead of just being a face in a sea of faces.

There is a place where i usually go and take pictures, i like it since not many people know about it, so i don't worry about accidentally taking a picture of anyone. Today though, there was one person. A girl. About my age, reading as she sat on the grass. Her beauty was captivating, i couldn't help but zoom in with my camera. At that moment i couldn't have been happier with my lenses, i could clearly see her face and how beautiful it truly was even if i was standing quite a distance away.

/Click/

The sound of my camera echoed in my head, i guess my heart made my body move in that moment because i know i fell in love in just a few seconds. I just stood still, stunned from what i had done and because of the beautiful girl who was now leaving. She left. Knowing i wouldn't get any picture more beautiful than the one i took of her, i left.

"Alright!" The pictures i had taken had finished revealing, like always the landscapes where astounding but the picture of the girl. The sun shone perfectly on her, it made her look like she was glowing. 'Sunny' that's what I'll call her for now, honestly it seems to fit her perfectly. The more i look at the picture the faster my heart beats. "She is so beautiful..."

"Who is?" Right then my roommate appeared right behind me, startling me. I quickly held the picture to my chest to hide it, i didn't need her to tease me more than she already did. 

"Jessica! Don't!" I struggled trying to impede her from taking the picture, sadly the Ice Princess succeeded. She stared at me in awe, she knew how serious i was about my code so seeing an actual human surpriced her.

"Are you in love, Hyomin?" Jessica, i love you but you are just too blunt sometimes... With a sigh i shrugged, i wasn't even sure myself, it could've honestly had been a mistake. It couldn't have been fate or anything, right? "Wait... Soonkyu-ssi?"

"Y-you know her?!" My heart stopped after hearing a name, a name that more than likely was owned by the girl in the photo. "Sunny..." I looked at the picture with a silly smile, i could feel Jessica roll her eyes behind my back.

"Kinda, I've met her once and that's it. She is Tiffany's roommate, but wait, Sunny? You went ahead and gave her a nickname? How cliché you idiot." Jessica said with a laugh, i was beyond embarassed but i was ready to worship the great Jessica Jung to get me to meet Soonkyu.

"I love you so much Sica, you are the most beautiful girl there is, no one can compare to how great you are and—" i was hugging her tightly as i praised her, halfway through she stopped me and looked at me.

"Are you really that desperate? Just tell me, why do you want to meet her that badly?" That question hit me like a bucket of cold water, why was i so desperate to meet her?

"Did i really fall for her? Maybe... Love at first sight? Well she is beautiful, i wish i could know her better too. And she seemed to glow under the sun, she was more beautiful than any of the landscapes I've captured honestly. She's so... Lovely." I was about to answer since i had not realized that i tried to have my own soliloquy, Jess was kind enough not to laugh. Although she did pinch my cheeks to tease me.

"I can't believe it! Hyomin is in love! I'll call Tiffany right away!" Jessica bolted out of my dark room to fetch her phone, the next thing i heard where words in a foreign language. Jessica's best friend, next to me, was Tiffany. They both met in America and became friends rather quickly after realizing they where moving to the same place, they usually talked in English among themselves whenever they didn't want anyone to figure out what they where saying. I really need to learn english... 

"What did you ask her and what did you tell her?" I asked her annoyed and embarrased, Jessica is too straightforward. Even though she is cold to most other people, she is actually really nice and would do anything for her friends.

"We are all going to hang out at a coffe shop tomorrow. That way you meeting her won't be as akward." Jessica smiled at me, i should really repay her somehow. I stood up and hugged her tightly, i often got exited easily.

"You are the best Sica!" After i hugged her i ran out to get my bag, Jessica just watched me run around as she sat on the couch. Whenever I'm sad, happy or angry i leave and go take pictures no matter what time it is, Jessica was already used to it. She had to watch her Drama anyways, so i left. Back to that secluded place, it was breath taking. My favorite times to take pictures of this place are at night and whenever it snows, it always looks lovely.

"Sunny...?" I whispered to myself as i  saw her sitting down, she was pretty far away sitting at the bottom of the hill. As i hurried to put on the lens to my camera to try and take a picture i droped it. "My lens!" I hurried after it as it rolled down hill, i arrived at the bottom just in time to catch it. I had grass all over me now.

"Are you ok?" A worried voice snapped me out of my thoughts, such a bright and beautiful voice. I looked up at her surpriced, my whole face was bright red. She is so pretty up close. She helped me up after my lack of responce, once up i started to stutter like an idiot.

"T-thank you Sunny!" I am such an idiot! I called her Sunny, she probably things something is wrong with me. Finally i heard a small chuckle coming from her, that cheered me up quite a lot honestly.

"Sunny? Where did that come from? Anyways I'm Lee Soonkyu." She smiled at me, i really felt like my heart was going to explode. I opened my mouth as if to say something for a few seconds but nothing came out. 

"I-i umm i saw you yesterday a-around here and the sun was s-shining so perfectly over you... It was really beautiful, i just t-thought it kinda went well with you... A-anyways! I'm Park Hyomin, nice to meet you." I stuttered out earning a chuckle from her again. 

"Nice to meet you too Hyomin-ssi. I like the name Sunny actually, i would love it if you called me that." I was incredibly surpriced, i smiled brightly at her getting lost in her eyes. My mouth opened and closed a few times as i tried to say something, since nothing came out and i already made a fool of myself i just nodded.
"So you are a photographer?" She motioned to my camera i was holding.

"Y-yes!" I nodded with a huge grin and looked at my precious camera. After looking at my camera i turned to Sunny, who knows where but i got the courage to actually say something to her. "C-could i some pictures of you?" I stuttered, my heart was beating fast and i got nervous so i continued running my stupid mouth. "I-i just think you are so pretty and well i-i like to take pictures of the most beautiful things. W-what am i saying? Sorry i-i must sound like an idiot, you don't have to—" 

"I would love to pose for your pictures Hyomin. Thank you for calling me beautiful." Her angelic voice shut me right up, she was amazing. I fumbled to get my camera and smiled at her, was she blushing? No it must have been my imagination, quickly i raised my camera and took some pictures of her. After that she told me she had to go, we said our goodbyes and i watched her go. I was looking through the photos i had taken just a minute ago, seeing Sunny's perfect features and bright smile. I'm sure i looked like an idiot right now, my ringtone snapped me out of my trance, Jessica would probably call it ogling to tease me though. Speaking of the devil.

"Jess?" I answered, i am actually glad Sunny wasn't here when my phone went off, she probably would've thought of my ringtone as odd or childish maybe. Kkallakkabana by F(x) Jessica's sister is part of that group actually, so if i am questioned as to why i have such ringtone i can say i am 'Supporting' Krystal. Truth is that it is quite a fun song honestly.

"Was that 'Yes' as in English or 'Jess' as in my name? Whatever. Not important. Where are you? It's late, you should come home already, i got something to talk to you about!" Jessica sounded rather exited, i could also hear someone else talking to her in English. Tiffany I'm guessing? But why is Tiffany in our appartment anyways?

"Alright, I'm coming. I'll be there in a second. Bye Jessica." I hung up and made my way over to our apartment after i put away my stuff in my bag. Quickly i entered the apartment, Jessica was sitting on the couch along with Tiffany and... Sunny?!


"Hyomin! You are here, great! This i Lee Soonkyu Fanny's Roommate." Jessica explained i was frozen in place, Sunny smiled at me sweetly. She is so cute, how can anyone be that cute?

"H-hey Sunny, w-we actually already met t-today." I stuttered and fidgeted with the camera that hung around my neck.

"You are right Tif they do look alike." I heard a chuckle escape Sunny's lips making me look up, as soon as i did our eyes met i could feel my face turn red.

"Yah! Not true! I'm way prettier than her." Sunny laughed along with Tiffanny, i was now a bit more relaxed and decided to try and speak up a bit more.

"Not true! Everytime we go out guys always ask me for my number, you should be grateful i tell them to talk to you instead." Tiffany and Sunny seemed a bit surpriced from what i said, i kinda outed myself there didn't i?

"You reject all of the guys who ask you? Are you that picky?" Tiffanny asked, although we got along well and she was close with Jessica, nobody knows that i actually like girls apart from Jess and my family. 

"N-not really... Just not interested... In guys... In the least..." I said a bit nervous, i am really afraid of coming out to people ever since the incident with my family, and i now can find out if i even have a chance with Sunny.

"Sunny! You are not the only gay person among our group of friends now!" Sunny looked at Tiffany surpriced and blushed bright red, my heart beat faster. I have a chance! Our eyes met once again, i smiled at her shyly and she returned the smile. She is absolutely perfect