one.

the delivery boy

"Oh, hi." 

"You again."

"Yeah."

"You probably know my next line then." Yukwon chuckles, waving the other in so he can put his delivery box down. While he takes out the bowl of food and the chopsticks, the blond counts the money in his hand, holding it out to the gorgeous delivery boy in front of him with a small smile. "12, 000 won exactly."

Yukwon sees him most days of the week. If its not him, its always his co-workers and that's only because he orders delivery from their restaurant every day. Since he moved to Seoul, every night between the times of 6pm to 8pm, he'll call in and order his usual ("One large plate of jajangmyeon, please!") and every night, half an hour later, his order arrives. He supposes he should just go into the restaurant to save the delivery employees the trouble, the nice ahjussi at the store knows him by name anyway, but the thought always slips his mind by the time he arrives home.

Besides, if calling for delivery meant he'd have the chance to see this gorgeous delivery boy time and time again, he isn't really complaining.

He takes it with a hum, counting it before pocketing the money, glancing back at the food on the table. "You shouldn't eat so much of this, you know. You'll die early."

"Yeah, well," Yukwon shrugs, pushing his hands into the pockets of his sweats. "Its either this or two minute noodles, and this tastes better by a long shot."

The delivery boy cracks a smile. "I guess so. I'll probably see you tomorrow then."

Yukwon nods, accompanying the delivery boy to the door. "Yeah, see you then."

 

He calls in early the next day, but within his usual timeslot, but this time his food takes a little longer to arrive and Yukwon makes use of that time to come up with some new choreography for his routine. He answers the door out of breath, his skin shining with a light sheen of sweat and the delivery boy raises his brow at his dishevelled appearance. "At least you do something to work off all these carbs."

The dancer makes a face at him, inviting him in again to set down his food and he can't hide the confusion when more than just his original plate of noodles appears from the box. "Um, this is.."

"I can't stand watching you eat this every night, knowing this is all you eat everyday for dinner," the delivery boy says, opening another takeaway box. The variety of dishes now in front of him makes Yukwon's eyes widen because he can't remember seeing his table look this full since his parents' last visit. "So here are some side dishes I made the other day and this is just some chicken Ahjussi insisted I bring over."

"You didn't have to," he says, quick to decline the extra food, because ew, there are vegetables too. "The noodles are enough, really."

"Its not about you not having enough food to eat," the delivery boy sighs, running a hand through his hair and Yukwon decides that he looks ridiculously good with his hair slicked back. He thinks it should be illegal for delivery boys to seduce their customers without trying. "Its about your terrible diet."

"My diet is fine." Without vegetables, he adds mentally, but he pouts when the male in front of him raises a brow. Yukwon sighs and hands over the money.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Is the only thing he says before he goes and once he's gone, Yukwon groans. That meant he'd have to at least eat some vegetables.

This was going to be a long night.

 

It becomes kind of a routine for them. He orders delivery, the gorgeous delivery boy brings it to him, pulls out more food than he ordered and sometimes he'll stay and make sure he eats.

Its one evening when he's on his way home from dance practise when he realises that he doesn't know the delivery boy's name. He reasons that every employee in the restaurant must know his by now, but he doesn't know any of theirs.

That question is answered when he sees a plastic bag hanging from his doorknob, a yellow note taped to the side.

《 So you don't die early.
— Daehyun 》

Yukwon smiles, until he realises its a vegetarian dish.

Oh well, at least now he has a name to a gorgeous face. 

 

Their routine changes after about a month. This time, Yukwon's lounging about at home, since practice finished early, sitting at his coffee table while squinting at his laptop. Why did he even need dance history? He swears dancing isn't supposed to be this complicated. 

Daehyun didn't leave him any food tonight and he's already called for his jajangmyeon, but passing the time like this is just so boring and so he leans back and lets his head drop back onto his couch with a sigh. Usually he'd be full by now. "I guess he has other things to do," Yukwon mused quietly, pouting a little. "He doesn't have to cook for me anyway."

He gets up, going into his kitchen to grab himself something to drink and when he opens his fridge, the sad, empty interior greets him with a rush of cool air. He only has a carton of eggs (for his instant noodles), milk, Daehyun's side dishes and cans of soft drink in his fridge. His pantry isn't much better, stocked up with instant noodles, chips and lots of junk.

Taking the milk, he closes the fridge and opens the carton, taking a sip. That should at least keep him going until—

Ding dong. Ding dong.

"Finally," Yukwon breathes, leaving the milk open on the counter while he goes to open the door. He opens it to reveal Daehyun, but this time he doesn't have his helmet and in his hands are plastic bags. "Hi?" he greets, clearly confused and Daehyun only grins, pushing past him to make his way into the apartment like it's his own home.

( Really, he's come over so often for his deliveries, he probably knows Yukwon's home just as well as Yukwon does. )

"What are you doing?" 

"Making your dinner. Once your order went through to the kitchen, I got Ahjussi to let me leave work early," Daehyun says, putting the bags on the counter. He eyes the open carton of milk and he frowns, not looking up at Yukwon when he appears again after locking his door. "You shouldn't drink your milk straight from the carton."

"Sure, uh," Yukwon watches him open cupboard after cupboard, nodding his head as he familiarises himself with the kitchen, but frowns again when he opens the pantry and fridge. "I'd tell you to make yourself at home, but you seem to already be doing that."

"How long have you lived alone?" Daehyun asks, unpacking the ingredients from his bag and Yukwon can't help the pout when he sees him pack vegetables into his fridge.

"A year. Why?"

"You don't cook?" the blond shakes his head. "But you have cookware and everything."

"For my parents when they come up to Seoul. They get horrified at the state of my fridge and pantry." He replies, taking a seat across from Daehyun, watching him bustle around the kitchen and bring it to life. Pressing his palm into his cheek, Yukwon tried to remember when his kitchen was last this busy. Daehyun looks at him with a raised brow. "I can see why. Even I don't know how you've managed to live in the past year."

Yukwon finds out that night that Daehyun is a second year student at a cooking school, is from Busan and is his hyung. He also finds out that he's cute and that he's funny, but it's not like he didn't really know about that before. Daehyun makes them spaghetti bolognaise that night and when he finds out that Yukwon doesn't like his vegetables, he throws a whole lot in.

"Hyung!"

"This is what normal people eat."

"Are you saying I'm not normal?"

"Normal people don't eat jajangmyeon every day."

"Poor normal people do!" 

 

He actually feels good after being fed home cooked meals. It's a change from his usual junk food and his body is thanking him for it. He has more energy, he feels better and everything just feels good. These days his fridge is stocked with various foods and Daehyun has the other key to his apartment. He'll drop by after work at the restaurant and cook them dinner and they'll hang out for a bit before Yukwon waves him off as he goes home.

( Sometimes he stays over and Yukwon really likes it when he does but Daehyun's not supposed to know that. )

It gets to the point where it looks like Daehyun lives in his apartment too because there's a spot in the closet for his clothes, there's a spare set of toiletries in the bathroom, an extra towel hangs from the rack and basically all the necessities double. Sometimes Daehyun will wear his clothes if he's run out of clean ones and if he's free, he'll do the laundry, otherwise Yukwon's gotten into the habit of doing the laundry every Friday and will do it then.

Yukwon starts to help out with cooking because he feels bad that the elder has to do them all by himself so he does the small things and Daehyun thinks it's good for him to pick up some skills. Mostly he just stands back and watches the cooking student do his thing, but other times he'll have his chest pressed up against Daehyun's back, his arms around his waist and he'll watch over his shoulder with a pout and a quiet whine of hyung, I'm hungry.

( "You only keep me around for food."

"No, I don't!" )

"Hyung, you should move in," Yukwon says over dinner one night, nudging Daehyun's foot under the table to get his attention. "You're always here anyway, so.." His voice trails off and his cheeks colour a little, but he knows that really, he'd love it if Daehyun would move in.

"Move in?" Daehyun asks after a mouthful of fish. "You haven't even asked me out on a date yet." He jokes.

Yukwon smiles and goes back to picking at his vegetables. "Then," he starts, putting down his chopsticks. "Should we go out for a movie? And then dessert?"

Daehyun smiles and Yukwon can feel his stomach flop. "I'd like that."

 

( "What kind of dessert did you have in mind?"

"Depends. What do you feel like? Something sweet or me?"

"You." )

 

When Yukwon arrives home one night, he toes off his shoes and dumps his bag on the couch, stripping himself of his damp tank top and moving into the kitchen in search of something cool to drink. He sighs when he feels the rush of cool air, standing in the doorway for a bit to cool down, until he sees the carton of milk, taking it and drinking straight from the carton. He knows that Daehyun will probably tell him off for his shoes and his lazy habits, but he'd clean up later. What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. 

When he closes the fridge, milk carton in hand, he sees a note on the front, instantly recognising the elder's handwriting.

《Gone to buy groceries. Call me if you need anything ♡
- Hyung 》

Yukwon snorts, but he smiles at the sight of the heart, drowning the rest of the milk and throwing the carton away, reaching for his phone to text Daehyun to buy more.

 

"What are we having for dinner tonight?" Yukwon asks later that night, dressed in a tank top and sweats, his hair damp and his towel around his neck. He folds his arms on the bench top, watching Daehyun work and as soon as he sees them, he makes a face at the vegetables. "Do you have to put them in...?"

"They're good for you, Kwon. It's a new recipe I learnt in class today." Daehyun says, not looking up and continuing to dice up the ingredients. Yukwon pouts.

"If I strip for you, will you leave them out?"

"No, but you're free to strip if you like."

"You're only dating me for these free strip shows you're getting. I should start charging you for them." Yukwon sighs, putting his head down on the bench top, watching sadly as he cooks. He'd be fine without the vegetables, why do people even eat vegetables?! 

Daehyun snorts, glancing up at his boyfriend. "And you're only dating me for the food I make for you. We're even."

"No, I'm dating you because you're an extremely kind individual, who is also ridiculously good looking and I love you." Yukwon says proudly, sitting up straight and puffing out his chest. Daehyun chuckles, feeling his cheeks warm.

"I'll think about not putting vegetables into dinner tomorrow."

The dancer whines. "Hyung!"