Chapter 39

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 39}

Eun Kyung’s eyes fluttered open as she slowly registered her surroundings. She was in the hospital – again – and this was the millionth time she had been there. Her mind slowly processed on how she had gotten here and gasped when she recalled.

She sat up hastily and a pain shot up her body. She winced and the ward door flew open. “Eun! Are you alright? Do I need to call the doctor?” Kris came in, all flustered and worried. “Yeah, I’m fine.” Eun Kyung reassured Kris and he held her arms. She reached up to cover his hands with hers.

“Those reporters…” She asked and she saw fire burning in Kris’ eyes. Eun Kyung felt him tense up and Kris said with gritted teeth, “I’ve called the police to place an arrest on all of them.” Eun Kyung sighed in relief and relaxed.

“I knew I wasn’t paranoid,” Kris said. “Did I tell you not to open the door for anyone? Why did you open the door?” He asked Eun Kyung and she looked him. “I’m sorry, I thought it was you… Your keys were on the counter and I was positive that no one knew I was staying over at your place.” She said in a whisper.

Kris softened and hugged the girl. “I’m not blaming you, I just wanted you to be careful… I don’t want anything to happen to Junior, I almost lost the both of you so many times… I can’t imagine myself without you and Junior.” Kris explained himself and felt sobs rocking the girl’s body.

He patted her back and ran his fingers through her hair. “Shhh,” he shushed her and tried to calm Eun Kyung down. She was almost 4 months pregnant at this point and she had suffered way too much. Kris leaned back and planted his lips on Eun Kyung’s lips, calming the girl.

 

“Hello, Mr Kim? We’ve found out that Mrs Kim has been staying in Mr Wu’s place all these time.” Jaejoong’s personal investigator spoke. Jaejoong curled his hands into fists as he thought of his woman staying in another man’s house and the media even found out.

“And I just got the news that Mrs Kim has been admitted into the hospital,” the PI said and Jaejoong shot his head up to him. “What?” He asked. “The reporters who found out Mrs Kim was staying in Mr Wu’s place went to visit her and she slipped.” The PI answered and Jaejoong grabbed his keys.

“Which hospital is she at?” Jaejoong asked as he left his office, with the PI in tow. “Oh General Hospital.” The Pi said and Jaejoong pressed for the lift. “The reporters?” He asked. “Mr Wu had already called the police and the reporters were arrested.”

Jaejoong clenched his jaw tightly and nodded. He stepped into the lift and faced the PI. “Thank you. I’ll transfer you the money later.” Jaejoong told the PI just before the lift doors closed.

 

“Do you need anything?” Kris asked as Eun Kyung adjusted herself on the bed, to be more comfortable. The girl shook her head and smiled up at Kris. “I’m fine, really,” she reassured him and Kris sighed. “You said that the past few times after you were hospitalised…” He whined.

“I failed to protect myself,” Eun Kyung said and dropped her head. “I just want to divorce my cheating husband and raise my child well, why is it so difficult for me?” She asked and Kris sat down on her bed. He cupped her face and caressed her cheeks with his thumbs.

“I’ll help you okay? I’ll be here.” Kris said and wrapped his arms around the girl. “Junior…” Eun Kyung muttered and she rubbed her little belly. Kris broke the hug and made Eun Kyung prop her up on the bed. He said down on the chair next to the bed. “What are you doing?” She asked and Kris just smiled at her.

He lowered his head on her belly, wanting to listen to their child, if it was possible. Eun Kyung giggled and ran her fingers through his hair. “Hey there, Junior,” Kris started. “Thank you for sticking with mummy after so many accidents…” He said. Eun Kyung felt tears welling up in her eyes.

“I promise to take care of you and your mummy okay? Daddy loves you,” Kris said and pressed his lips on her covered belly. Eun Kyung wiped the tears that made their way out of her eyes. Kris sat up and rested his hand on her belly. He turned to look at the mother of his child and saw that she was crying.

“Silly girl, why are you crying?” Kris asked teasingly and reached up to wipe her tears. “I don’t know… It’s just…” She couldn’t finish her sentence and she began to cry again. Kris chuckled and wiped her tears away. “I’m just happy, seeing you like this… But I’m afraid of losing Junior…” Eun Kyung said.

“Don’t worry, with me around, our baby won’t be hurt.” Kris said and Eun Kyung chuckled.

 

Jaejoong appeared at the hospital discreetly and walked up to Eun Kyung’s ward. He was about to knock on the door when he heard muffled voices of another man and his wife. “I promise to take care of you and your mummy okay? Daddy loves you,” Jaejoong’s eyes widened when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter