Prologue

His Second Choice

He was sat next to me, his eyes were glued on his phone as he typed away giggling. I tried to concentrate on the movie playing on TV but I couldn’t help but to feel annoyed at his behavior, it always had to do with her even when we’re supposed to be ‘hanging out’. I scoffed before I sneakily took a peek at the message he was sending her but only to received a glare from him. 

A buzz from his phone made him smile again— he laughed wholeheartedly before he started typing away again, while he let out a snort from apparently a funny message they’re obviously conversing about. 

"Who are you texting?" I asked casually 

"No one" he muttered as he shove his phone on his pocket and started to get up from the couch. 

"Hey where are you going?" 

"At Yuri’s" 

Pfft.. Of course. 

"Will you come over later?" I asked before he could leave

"No, I’d probably stay at Yuri’s" he replied not even bothering to look back. "Bye" was the last thing he said before he slammed the door  

"Wait— Jungkook—" 

I sighed as I slumped on the couch, aimlessly flicking through the channels on TV. 

We used to be so close. But that was until she came back to town; then everything went down hill. Everything became about her. He would talk about her every opportunity he would have. His smiles would always faltered when looking at me and she would be the only who could make him smile— a genuine smile, that is. 

I tried to ignore my growing jealousy but I couldn’t. I simply couldn’t. You might be wondering why I’m acting this way right? Wondering if I have a right to act this way? The thing is, I do. I have everyright to be. 

Because, I’m his girlfriend.