Chapter 1

Restless Love

'It's been 8 days since he left. I should've told him how I felt when I had the chance. But what's the point? I know he doesn't like me in that way, considering he's already dating someone. Not just someone. The most beautiful girl in our neighborhood and I can't compete with her. I'm a 20 year old guy that still lives at home. Yes, I'm a guy and I'm in love with my best friend who's been dating her for the past 3 months. My best friend is gone for ten weeks for military training. I'm going to miss him but I know he'll come back, but not to me. To Jessica.'
 

Taemin closed his notebook after he'd finish writing. He hide it underneath his mattress and got ready for his first day at college.
 



      With earbuds in his ears, blasting his favorite song; Taemin failed to noticed that his friend Minho was yelling for his attention. It took Minho to hit Taemin with his notebook for Taemin to pull out his earbud. "Yah, are you crazy?" Taemin asked, shoving his earbuds into his pocket. Minho chuckled and nodded. "You can say that. I've been calling for you for the past ten minutes." Taemin frowned. "I'm sorry hyung." Minho shrugged it off, knowing Taemin was actually sorry. "It's okay." He smiled and the the two continued walking towards the college campus.

Minho and Taemin have been friends since junior year in high school. Minho knows that Taemin likes guys and he doesn't care. He's happy for Taemin but Minho knows he's not the one that Taemin loves. It's their other friend that Taemin loves so much. A friend they both had since junior year. Minho also knows that Taemin isn't ready to announce his love for someone that's already taken by someone they hate dearly. 

"Taemin," Minho began. "Are you ever going to tell, you know, about your feelings?" Taemin blinked at the sudden question and glanced at Minho. "Why are you bringing this up? He's gone for ten weeks and I'm still building up the courage to tell him." Minho nodded. 

"But it's better to tell him sooner than later." Taemin sighed, knowing Minho was right. He was always right about everything. From homework to love advice, Minho was spot on.  "I'll write him. I think it'll be easier that way; spill my heart out on a piece of paper." Minho nodded. "It usually works, like in the movies." Taemin scoffed at the comparison. "My life is not like a movie." He spat before walking into the building and towards his class.

Minho blinked confused before walking off to class.

Taemin sat in his math class, blankly staring at the board as the teacher showed the class how to do the assignment. His mind had wondered away. He was too busy thinking about what he should write to his friend. 

Should he really spill his heart out? 

Or should he summarize it, so he doesn't sound desperate?

Taemin closed his eyes and laid his head down on his desk. He was getting a headache from thinking too much about the whole thing. 


After Math, Taemin walked down to the courtyard where Minho was waiting for him. He sat down next to his tall friend and leaned agaisnt him, closing his eyes again. "I can't write the letter." He said. 

Minho looked down and softly patted his head. "Why not write a rough draft before actually writing it. Like English." Taemin glared up at Minho and growled. "I hate you and your smartness." He mumbled, knowing he made up a word. Minho chuckled and continued to write his government essay. "I'm sure you'll do fine with it. It can't be that hard." Taemin rolled his eyes and just sat next to Minho until the next bell rang.


Once Taemin got home, he threw his packback on his bed and pulled out his notebook from under his mattress. He opened up to a blank piece of paper and started writing how he felt towards his secret lover. It took three pages but he finally finished and ripped out the pages, gently folding them and putting them into an envelope. He wrote down the address that was given to him and smiled. 

"I'm not ready to send this yet. I'll wait untill I feel more comfortable." He spoke to himself before hiding the envelope under his pillow and went off to do his homework.