At the Palace

Of Angels and Demons

At the Palace

~

Jongdae had been waiting two whole hours for Luhan to turn up. Usually, he had to wait little over ten minutes for the feminine, blond Angel to appear with an excuse to why he was late, but Jongdae had been waiting two hours, and Luhan wasn't even in sight. Sighing, Jongdae decided that he would put today to good use and annoy his best friend Joonmyun. For the whole day. This is going to be priceless, Jongdae thought as he flew off in the direction of the Palace.

~

Meanwhile, Joonmyun was sitting in his office, sorting papers about the upcoming Solar Eclipse. It was a boring job, but as the current Head Angel, it was up to him the ensure that all current affairs were sorted. And as the Solar Eclipse was by far one of the most important events in his whole career, it was up to him to ensure that...
 Someone was knocking on his window. And that someone was his annoying friend Jongdae.

~

Reluctantly, Joonmyun opened the window and Jongdae burst in.
"Surprise!" Jongdae shouted, loudly, (as always) and Joonmyun covered his ears and winced. He did not like loud noises. And by his standards, he could compare his friend Jongdae to a loud noise.  He was obnoxious, had very bad timing, and would not shut up sometimes. Make that all the time, Joonmyun thought sadly. However, Jongdae was his only friend out of all the Angels, and the two were pretty close.
"So, what's up? How's the paperwork?" Jongdae made a face as he held up some of the files Joonmyun was working on.
"Put them down!" Joonmyun squeaked, and moved to snatch them from his friends hands.
"Ooh, are they important?" Jongdae said, teasingly. He lifted the files higher, and his smirk broadened.
Without thinking, Joonmyun tackled his friend and as he fell to the floor, he snatched the files back, placing them on the desk. 
"Oi!" Jongdae growled. He launched himself against Jonnmyun's legs and brought him to the floor aswell. The two of them rolled around, play fighting and pretending to throw punches at each other in a mock battle. 
This went in for about five minutes, until Joonmyun staggered to his feet, and moved over to his desk. 
"Hey!" Jongdae groaned from the floor. "Where are you going?" 
Joonmyun sighed. 
"I have work to do, Jongdae."
He settled down in his chair, and opened up his files again.
"You don't have to focus on work all the time, Joon."
Joonmyun spun around to find Jongdae standing right behind him. 
"Don't call me that!" Joonmyun squeaked. No-one had called him by his nickname for a long time. 
"Why not?" Asked Jongdae, teasingly. He leaned in so his face was only inches away from Joonmyuns. "Is the great and powerful Joonmyun embarrassed?" 
Joonmyun was actually all too aware of the small amount of space between them. He was so close to Jongdae that he could see every one of his friends long eyelashes, but for some reason unknown to him he didn't pull away. 
"No..?" Joonmyun answered carefully, trying not to move at all. 
In response, Jongdae slowly leaned in and lightly kissed his forehead. Joonmyuns eyes fluttered closed, and he relaxed into his chair, with Jongdaes  lips still pressed to his head. 

~

Joonmyun didn't know how long they stayed like that, but however long it was, it was too short for him. When Jongdae pulled away and took a step back, Joonmyun felt something stir inside him - was this longing? Jongdae looked down at him, and then Joonmyun realized what he was doing. He froze, and pushed himself back into his chair, hoping that he could disappear into the leather and forget what had just happened. He had just kissed another Angel. This was strictly forbidden, and as the head Angel, he should not break the rules.
"Joonmyun?" Jongdae was standing a few steps away from him now, a worried expression on his face.
"Listen... I'm sorry. About... That." Jongdae looked almost sick now. 
"It's ok if you don't feel the same way, it was a stupid idea." Jongdae was rushing now, speaking so quickly that Joonmyun almost couldn't hear what he was saying. 
"I know it's not allowed and I am so, so sorry. I hope... You don't mind. I just-"
Joonmyun cut him off.
"Don't be stupid Jongdae. I don't mind, I just... Need some time. That's all." Joonmyun said quietly.
"Ok." 
Jongdae walked over to the window, and flew out without looking back.
Joonmyun out his head in his hands and tried to figure out what was going on with his life.
He was the head Angel, and he knew full well what the laws about this were. And he knew the punishments too. But he also knew Jongdae, his only friend, and he knew that he didn't want to risk losing him.

Especially since he might just have a little crush on Jongdae now.

~

Yifan was pacing. He always did it when he was annoyed, and today he was especially frustrated. Where on earth was Tao? He needed his help, and soon. Coming up was the Eclipse, and it was a particularly hectic time, especially for the lead Demon. It meant hours of checking that everything was in order, more hours spent in meetings, and a hell of a lot of coffee. It was probably the only good thing that those humans had actually come up with. 
"Heya boss!" 
Yifans dark mood turned completely black. It was the annoying messenger, Jongin. That boy was always so cheerful, and it didn't help that he turned up at the wrong moments.
"There's someone here to see you!" 
"Who is it?" Yifan snapped, his voice coming out harsher than intended.
"It's Chanyeol, boss."
Yifan sighed. He wasn't sure what was worse, Jongin or his equally-annoying friend, Chanyeol. Chanyeol was clumsy, and always happy. That was annoying in itself, but it meant that Yifan had to put up with Chanyeols weird looking faces which he made whenever he smiled. 
"Send him in."

~

NOTE FROM EMILY:

Whew! Another chapter down! 

This was surprisingly hard to write :( but I hope you guys think I did a good job... 

Please point out any mistakes, as I would love to improve this story :)

Please suscribe if you want to hear more! The co-owner of this account has made it into a compitition, so please help me get more upvotes/faverioutes/suscribers/comments than her! (her story is 'with friends like these who needs voldemort' if you want to check it out)

thanks for reading!