A Gem

A Gem

 

 

 

 

A GEM

 

 

The moment she entered the Kwon’s hall, the infamous Seoul socialite had effortlessly managed to catch everyone’s attention, the debutante’s, Yuri, included.

 

Jessica was everything they said her to be. With a fitted short dress, blonde hair and oozing self-confidence, Jessica was a presence that begged to be noticed and she wasn’t even invited.

 

 

“She’s a devil. That girl.” Almost everyone around Yuri said, and as the night went on with Yuri’s eyes never leaving the maiden dressed in black, she almost believed they were right. 

 

 

Yuri watched her sashayed her way in the hall with elegance. She went from clique to clique, and yet, for someone as beautiful as her, she stood out like sore thumb which could never belong. Her laughed never felt complete. Her smiles were wide, yet they looked painfully broken. And for Yuri, a weird collector of scars, Jessica was nothing but a wonder.

 

 

Jessica is the Jung’s black sheep with the prettiest wool. A raw gem born in the collection of the rich, with edges too fresh; too strong, that in fear of pain, no one ever dared to smooth. The moment their eyes met; right on that second when fake laugh and lonely hollow eyes exchanged, Jessica gave her a look like she’s saying, “Sorry, for showing you my sadness.” Yuri knew that she would spend the next days of her life showing Jessica that she’s different. 

 

 

 


Hi. Did you like it?