Reunion

I Couldn't Stay Away

When Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Luhan were still in highschool, they all made a pact to one another. To clear all their schedules on the third saturday of every month so they could hang out. When they were young they used to just go to cafés and either talk about boys or about how their chemistry teacher was being a for giving them all F's on their recent test. 

 

But now that they've grown older and much more mature. Here they were at Baekhyun's house eating ice cream, as they complained about their lives to one another. Luhan and Baekhyun were a mess. The two both looked like they haven't slept in months. And neither of them bothered to fix their hairs. Which was strange because the two always cared about their appearances. Kyungsoo just sighed. It was sad to think that these two were his best friends.

 

"Sehun hates me." Luhan cried, as he sobbed and hugged the tub of ice cream. He looked horrible. The icecream was all over his face and got all over his white shirt. But Kyungsoo found it slightly cute because even though Luhan was the oldest out of the three, he acted as the most childish one.

 

"At least you're not carrying the child of an arrogant bastard." Baekhyun fired back, eating another spoonful of icecream. "I can't believe he thought that I was carrying another man's child."

 

"At least he doesn't find you annoying." Luhan whined. "Sehun told me not to call him anymore. What if he wants to break up with me?"

 

"He's not." Kyungsoo sighed, trying to confront the elder. "Just give him some space. He's probably just really stressed right now. With school and all-"

 

"Thats right." Baekhyun agreed, patting Luhan's back. "You guys are practically always together and maybe some space would be good for the two of you." 

 

Kyungsoo turned his attention to Baekhyun, who just eyed him weirdly. "And as for you, try and make up with that bastard. He probably didn't mean it."

 

Baekhyun scoffed and crossed his arms, in annoyance. "Oh he meant it. He meant every word and you know what I dont even care. Screw him."

 

"If he meant it, why does he keep texting you to forgive him?" Kyungsoo fired back.

 

It was true. Chanyeol had been texting Baekhyun 24/7 trying to ask for his forgiveness. Chanyeol had taken it so far that Baekhyun had to turn his phone off because Chanyeol kept annoying him. To this day, he still hasn't turned his phone on. And he wasn't planing to turn his phone on for a really long time.

 

After a couple more minutes of talking and catching up with one another. Luhan was the first to excuse, telling them that he had an important appointment today with a potential buisness partner that was interested in his clothing line, he was working on. Since he was 10, Luhan dreamed of becoming a designer, even though his parents disapproved because they wanted him to run over their family buisness. So, after college Luhan ran away from home and has been living his dream ever since. Now, Luhan owns a small but successful boutique that was planning to expand in Japan and China.

 

-

 

Baekhyun has been pregnant for excatly 6 weeks and 3 days. He knows because he's been counting ever since that stick he peed on told him he was pregnant. So far, he's noticed he gained some weight, however Kyungsoo reassured him and said that he still looks the same. But he figured maybe thats because that's the side effect to being pregnant.

 

You get fat and hormonal. Great.

 

Today was monday, meaning that his vacation had official ended and it was now time for him to get back to work. Baekhyun owned a small, cute bakery that sold anything you could imagine. From a fruity lychee flavored cupcake to a dark chocolate cupcake with bacon bits on top. Although the bakery was small, it attracted a lot of customers. In fact, the bakery got featured as one of the top bakery's in the nation.

 

"I'll have a cup of coffee with a splash of milk and a blueberry muffin." Chanyeol told the cashier and handed her his card. She hands him a warm blueberry muffin and instructs him to go to the left because his coffee will be coming out shortly. 

 

As Chanyeol waits for his coffee, he takes an empty seat and eats his blueberry muffin. He smiles in satisfaction when he takes a bite. This bakery had been Chanyeol's favorite, ever since he came back from Japan a few months ago. He first found out about this bakery from Jongin, who recommended going early because he said that everything taste the freshes in the morning. And he was right.

 

"Good morning." The employes bow, as Baekhyun enters the bakery. He takes a wiff of the smell and smiles in satisfaction. He missed the smell of fresh baked goods in the morning. 

 

"A cup of coffee with a splash of milk." The bartista calls out and Chanyeol stands up to pick up his order. When he finally gets his order he turns to return to his seat. Suddenly on his way back he bumps into someone and spills his coffee all over himself. He groans and wipes the hot coffee off of his suit.

 

"I'm so sorry." The stranger apologizes, as he helps Chanyeol wipe the coffee of of his suit also. "Let me buy you a new one."

 

When they both look up, Chanyeol's suprised to see Baekhyun, standing in front of him. He blinks rapidly, thinking its a dream and smiles. He hasn't seen Baekhyun since the day they encountered each other at the grocery market and they haven't talked since.

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "Oh its you."

 

"We need to talk." Chanyeol sighs. He knew Baekhyun was still mad at him. He made it very clear considering he hasn't been returning his calls and all. 

 

"I have nothing to say to you." 

 

"Then listen." Chanyeol replies and grabs Baekhyun's hand. He leds him to his table and lets the latter sit first, to make sure he doesn't run away again. When Baekhyun finally sighs and takes his seat, Chanyeol sits across from him. 

 

"Look, I know your upset. But hear me out." Chanyeol begged. "Please."

 

"I'm listening." Baekhyun replied, coldly. "Talk."

 

"I'm sorry for thinking that the child your carrying wasn't mine. I'm an idiot and I shouldn't have said what I said." Chanyeol apologized and Baekhyun could hear the sincerity in his voice. "But I'm here now and  I want to take responsibility for it."

 

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

 

Chanyeol nods after successfully gaining Baekhyun's attention. "I still love you Baek. You're not someone I could live without and when I found out you were pregnant, I jumped into conclusions thinking you cheated on me. I'm sorry. I was being a crappy boyfriend."

 

Baekhyun scoffed. "Boyfriend? Since when were you my boyfriend?"

 

"Since we had , I called you mine and you never rejected me-" 

 

"Fine. Even if we were dating, I thought our little arguement at the grocery store was our break up. Like we would never see each other again. Ever."

 

"You just admitted that you were my boyfriend." Chanyeol giggled. 

 

Baekhyun sighed, this was useless. "Were. Emphasis on were. As in the past."

 

"Look, I know I messed up." Chanyeol sighed and took Baekhyun's hand. When the elder didnt push him away, he knew he still had a chance to win his heart again. He was determined to. "I just what a second chance. Not just for the baby but also with you. I love you Baek and I know you still love me. Please."

 

Baekhyun took a moment and sighed. Maybe Kyungsoo and Luhan were right, maybe he should just forgive and forget. "Okay."

 

"Okay as in okay you still love me or okay I'll give another chance?"

 

"Both." Baekhyun replied and Chanyeol pulled the latter into a tight embrace. Putting his pride aside, Baekhyun hugged the latter back and nuzzled his head on the crook of Chanyeol's neck. "I have some rules though."

 

"What are they?" Chanyeol smiled, still hugging the latter and played with his hair. "God, you always smell so good."

 

"Stop calling me, at night. I get cranky when I have to wake up and shut it off."

 

"Okay."  Chanyeol replied, he probably didn't even understand what Baekhyun was saying but whatever. As long as he has Baekhyun in his arms, nothing matter to him.

 

"And-" Baekhyun took a short pause, in hesitation and Chanyeol hummed. "No ."

 

"Oka- Wait, what?" Chanyeol asked, breaking the hug and eyeing the latter with a serious look on his face. No ? Might as well take away Chanyeol's hopes and dreams. Because he was hoping to have make up tonight and now his plans were ruined. "No ?"

 

Baekhyun just nodded. "I dont feel confident anymore. I gained weight and I'll probably look flabby while doing it. So no ."

 

"But babe." Chanyeol whined. " is good for the baby."

 

"How?"

 

"It gets to connect with both parents at the same time." Chanyeol replied, on the verge of tears. He wanted . It's been 3 months since they last did it and he couldn't wait another 9 months for it. He needed it right now.

 

"How about we do a quickie?"

 

-

 

Sehun sighed, as he slumped back against his chair and listened to his professor explain the cycle of photosynethis. He couldn't believe his teacher was actually still teaching this. It had already been 3 days and all his teacher talked about what photosynethis.

 

He groaned and secretly took out his phone, to check if he had gotten any new messages from Luhan. He sighed because there was none. It had already been 3 days since the two had last talked and Sehun didnt want to admit it but he missed the latter. He had been bored all week and he wanted to see Luhan. He wanted to hug him, kiss him, and thank him for the laptop he bought for him.

 

"Hey want to go clubbing today?" Tao asked, as he walked alongside Sehun. The finally bell had already rung and now the two were heading to Tao's house to practice for their presentation.

 

Sehun scoffed. "Its monday." 

 

"Excatly!" Tao replied, enthusiastically. "Come lets go. We've been studying this whole week. Let's let loose and have some fun. Please?"

 

Sehun wanted to reject the offer and say that they should rather go and practice their presentation instead. However, the club didnt sound like a bad idea. The two were stressed and needed a way to escape. Maybe having a little drinks and dancing wasn't a bad idea. It wasn't bad at all. 

 

"Fine. But your treating me."

 

-

"Hold this for me." Mrs. Kim announced but before Kyungsoo could reply, she had already placed the box on top of the other shopping bags, she made Kyungsoo hold. She put her sunglasses on and Kyungsoo tried to keep up with her pace, as he balanced all of her shopping bags. 
 
Today, Mrs. Kim barged into Jongin's office and asked if the two wanted to go shopping with her. For some quality "bonding" as she called it. Unfortunately for Kyungsoo, Jongin couldn't accompany him today because he had an important meeting with a major stockholder from the company. But Jongin wasn't complaining. He was glad, he couldn't go because last time was like hell. Being the the same room with the two people he hated the most in the world was pure torture. He was determined never to do it again.
 
However, unlike Jongin, Kyungsoo was very unlucky. Very unlucky. Because being with Jongin's mom was so stressful. And he hated every minute of it. He thought that being with Jongin all day was stressful but that was nothing compared to spending the past hour with his mom.
 
He knew it was a bad idea to go to work today. God was practically giving him a sign when Kyungsoo was walking and saw a dog get run over by a car. He should've took his chance and skipped work. 
 
"Let me just get to the point." Mrs. Kim sighed. The two were now at a very famous Italian resteraunt and were seated at the V.I.P section of the resteraunt.
 
However, Kyungsoo wasn't paying any attention, as his eyes roomed around the room. It was very fascinating. There was a grand piano with a pianist playing a baeutiful song. Kyungsoo figured that the pianist composed it himself because Kyungsoo had never heard it before. It was so soft and beautiful that he just wanted to go home and sleep. but his thoughts were ruined when he saw Mrs. Kim crossing her arms. 
 
"Can you please repeat what you said?"
 
Mrs. Kim scoffed. It was now clear that the two were acting. There was no way that the Jongin she knew and raised would fall for someone so dazed as Kyungsoo. "How about you stop this little act."
 
"Mrs. Kim I dont know what you're talking about-"
 
"Please." Mrs. Kim scoffed and began rustling through her bag. After successfully finding her wallet, she turned and faced Kyungsoo with a serious expression. "How much do you want to get out of my son's life?"
 
"Mrs. Kim, I would like you to know that you were the only that started this. You wanted Jongin to be in a relationship and you got what you wished. We love each-"
 
"Oh please, I knew from the minute I saw you all you saw in my son was his money. You don't love him." Mrs. Kim fired back, glaring at him. "You don't even know what it feels like to be in love-"
 
Kyungsoo scoffed. "And you think you know more about love then me? Just because I'm younger, you think I haven't been in love before? Thats ing bull-"
 
"Watch your mouth!"
 
"No." Kyungsoo replied, furrowing his eyebrows. He was pissed. He knows its unmannered to be doing this in front of an elder, but he couldn't stand it anymore. "You know, I shouldn't be hearing this from someone who doesn't even call her husband with cute pet nicknames-"
 
At this time, Mrs. Kim grabbed her cup of water and dumped it on Kyungsoo's face, causing Kyungsoo to breathe heavily. He couldn't believe she did that. He wanted to slap her. Tell her that she was a for doing that. But nothing came out of his mouth. Instead, he stood up and wiped the water from his face, before he left. He had never felt so in embarrassed in his life.
 
So this is were Jongin gets his attitude from.
 
-
 
The doors to Jongin's office opensed causing Jongin to groan when he sees his mom walking towards him, panting heavily and glaring at him. Jongin slumped his body into his chair and he wanted to cry. Because it was already 10 PM and he was planning to go home. Considering he had nothing else to do at work, but now he could forget about it because his mom looked pissed.
 
"How may I help you?" Jongin sighed. 
 
"Break up with him right now." Mrs. Kim announced, startling Jongin because he's never really seen his mom this mad before. 
 
"I'm guessing your date with my boyfriend didn't turn out that well?"
 
"He embarrassed me!" His mother shouted and Jongin plugged his ears. "He told me that he thinks I dont know anything about love. What does he know? He's just a kid-"
 
"He's 26. He's not exactly a kid." Jongin informed. "And then what happened?"
 
This startled Mrs. Kim. Because she doesn't know if she should tell Jongin that she poured water on Kyungsoo or completely leave that part off. However, it played a very crucial part in the story. "I poured water at him."
 
This caused Jongin to stand u and furrow his eyebrows. He stares at his mom in disbelieve. Even if Kyungsoo was pretending to be his boyfriend, what his mom did was not right. "What the ?"
 
"So now, he's teaching you to use bad words! He's a bad influence-"
 
"He's not a bad influence! He's my boyfriend and I don't appreciate you pouring water on him. Thats disrespectful and rude- you know what? Maybe you should leave-"
 
"Jongin!"
 
"Leave! Before I call security." Jongin shouted . "Dont come back unless you apologize to him."
 
His mother scoffed in disbelefand rolled her eyes before she left. She couldn't believe that her son was taking Kyungsoo's side. She gave birth to him, feed him, clothed him, and took care of him. And this is how he repays her. By kicking her out of his office, just because she poured water on his boyfriend? Unbelievable.

 

-

 

"I'll have a shot of whiskey." Luhan shouted to the bartista.

 

The music in the club was so loud that it made Luhan plug his ears, in annoyance. Luhan hated clubs. He hated having to dance in front of strangers and he hated loud music. Honestly, if it wasn't for Chen and Xuimin he would've gone home already. After three wheeling around the couple, Chen suggested to go clubbing and of course Xuimin agreed. And after numerous begging, Luhan agreed to the idea too. 

 

"Do you want to dance?" Luhan heard a guy say. Or at least thats what he thought they guy had said. From what Luhan could see - the dim lights were affecting his vision - the guy was very tall and handsome.

 

Luhan was about to shake his head and reject the offer, however, suddenly the guy took his hand and led them both to the dance floor unexpectedly. The man began to put his hands on Luhan's waist, which made Luhan very uncomfortable. He already had a boyfriend and he didn't feel right letting another guy touch him like that. When the guy suddenly touched his , Luhan gasped and attempted to break free from the guys hold. However, he fails because the guy too strong.

 

"Let me go." Luhan whines, trying to remove the guys hands that were now wandering south.

 

Suddenly, Luhan feels another man place his arms around his waist. But this time, the strangers hold felt secure, like he was safe and everything was going to be alright. When Luhan looked up, he saw Sehun glaring at the the guy in front of him. 

 

"Who the are you?" The guy scoffs. "Can't you see we're dancing-"

 

"I'm his boyfriend." Sehun announcesdcand the guy immediately lets go of his hold on Luhan. Maybe it was the thought that because Luhan was alone, the guy had a chance with him. But he was wrong. Because Luhan was taken.

 

When the guy finally leaves, Sehun violently grabs Luhan's hand and leds him out of the club. The two were now on a dark alley next to the club. When they're finally alone Sehun violently pressed his lips against Luhan's. Luhan knew that Sehun was very possessive and he didn't mind because he thought it was hot and it turned him on. Luhan put his arms around Sehun's neck and pulled Sehun closer to him. The kiss was hot, messy, and involved lots of tongue.

 

When Sehun broke the kiss, it left both of them panting. He pulled Luhan into a warm embrace, as breathed heavily. Luhan hugged the latter back and buried his face on Sehun's broad chest. "I love you."

 

Sehun smiled and hummed in response. Luhan could only close his eyes and completely bury himself under Sehun's chest. He should feel happy. Relieved. Thankful that Sehun and he were together again. But all he could feel was his heart tearing slightly when he didn't hear an 'i love you' back from his boyfriend. He knew Sehun wasn't ready to tell him yet, but when will he ever be ready to confess his feelings towards him? It's almost been 7 months since they've started dating and Luhan's never heard the word 'love' come out of Sehun's mouth. And it made Luhan wonder what he really was to Sehun. Was he just another toy for Sehun? Or did Sehun really not love him enough to tell him yet?