Graduation Day

I Couldn't Stay Away

When Kyungsoo woke up the next morning, he found himself to be enveloped in a large white blanket. Kyungsoo scrunched his forehead, in confusion and when he turned to his right, he was shocked to find Jongin laying beside him. Shirtless. It took a while for Kyungsoo to process everything in his mind and once he did, he began to scream. This woke Jongin up and Kyungsoo began hitting him with the pillows. 

 

"What the ? Did you take advantage of me?" Kyungsoo accused, pointing his finger at Jongin.

 

Jongin clenched his hands and gritted his teeth. "I took care of you last night and this is how you repay me? Do you know how long it took to find medication for you? ing 3 hours and I slept for only an hour. So shut up and let me ing sleep-"

 

"Then why are you shirtless?" Kyungsoo asked, still skeptical.

 

"I sleep shirtless." Jongin replied, laying back down on the bed and covered himself with the blanket. "Either you get off the bed and eat the medications or just go back to sleep."

 

Kyungsoo took the first option and got up from the bed. He wandered around Jongin's apartment and was amazed at how spacious it was but he wasnt really that suprised. Jongin was a very wealthy man that could get whatever he wanted. He stopped when he saw a bottle of pills next to a list of hospitals around the neighborhood  with slashes on them and a couple of instructions from a Doctor.

 

"Keep him warm." Kyungsoo said, as he read the instructions. And then everything started to make sense. Despite the cold weather, Jongin still gave Kyungsoo all of the blanket on purpose, to keep him warm. Maybe Jongin wasn't an after all.

 

Next to the bottle and list was a pictureframe of Jongin and another male figure next to him. They were both smiling happily and Kyungsoo smiled slightly. Kyungsoo's never seen Jongin smile that brightly before and Kyungsoo had to confess, Jongin was actually pretty handsome. 

 

"Stop being a busybody and eat your damn mediations." Jongin rolled his eyes and placed the pictureframe face down on the table. He opened the bottle and handed Kyungsoo a pill. "The doctor said you had alcohol poisoning and said that you should take at least 2 pills a day to compltely flush the toxins away."

 

Jongin then handed Kyungsoo a cup of water and watched as Kyungsoo swallowed the pill. When Kyungsoo was done, Jongin crossed his arms. "Now do you want to tell me why you didnt  want to go to the hospital?"

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. "Not unless you tell me who that guy in the pictureframe was."

 

Jongin scoffed. "And why would you care? Are you jealous?"

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Jealous. Yeah, right. "No. I was just curious. I didnt know you knew how to smile."

 

Jongin laughed and took a seat. Kyungsoo then followed and sat down next to him. "That was my ex-boyfriend. We were together for 2 years and then he cheated on me with another close friend of mine."

 

"Do you still love him?"

 

"Not like that." Jongin sighed. "I just never had the chance to throw the frames away. But, he used to be my bestfriend so I can't really say that I don't love him anymore. I still care about him, as a friend. Not romantically."

 

"Oh."

 

"Now, care to tell me why you didnt want to go to the hospital now?" Jongin asked. "I've already told you my story. Now I want to hear yours."

 

Kyungsoo sighed. A deal was a deal. "An ex-boyfriend of mine died before. He had cancer and I stood beside him while he took his medications and shots at the hospital. It was hard for me to watch and so I dont go to hospitals anymore. If I'm really sick, I just rest and go to the nearest drugstore to pick up medications. I havent even stepped foot in a hospital in 2 years."

 

"You know you'll have to go one day, right?"

 

Kyungsoo nodds his head and checks his watch. He gasps. "Shouldnt we go to work now? Its past 9 AM-"

 

"I'm the boss. I can go to work whenever I want and do whatever I want. So, I think we deserve a day-off today. Besides, your not completely free of toxins yet." Jongin explained and then began to sneeze.

 

"Are you getting sick?" Kyungsoo asked, worriedly. It's was his fault that Jongin couldnt use the blanket last night. 

 

"No. I never get sick."

 

-

 

We have presented your designs to the board of directors and the CEO of Jun Fashion Cooperation and we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted upon your request to join to company. However, in order to become a designer for this cooperation, you must consider relocating to Japan and be open to taking design classes for 2 months in our company's training room. We hope you consider these options and we can't for you join this company. Once again, Congratulations. 

Sincerly,  

Mr. Joon 

 

Luhan's eyes widened as he reads the letter from his laptop screen. He couldnt believe that he got accepted. Everything felt so surreal and he was shocked. Honestly, when Luhan opened up the email, he was expecting another reject letter about how much his designs . But he was thankful that he got accepted. Everything seemed perfect until the reality of it all hit him. 

 

"Move to Japan." Luhan whispered quietly to himself and slumped his back against his chair. When he applied for the company, he was expecting to be accepted as a designer in Korea. Not Japan. He can't just leave everything behind. What about his boutique? What about his friends? What about Sehun? 

 

"Hey, babe. I brought food." Sehun smiled, as he took off his shoes and entered the living room. Luhan smiled back and closed his laptop, before standing up to peck his boyfriend's lips. Luhan took the bags of take-out from Sehun's hands and placed them into the kitchen. He grabbed plates and other utensils, as Sehun placed his backpack on the couch and then sat down on the dining table. 

 

"How was school?" Luhan asked, as he poured Sehun a glass of water and then sat down besides him. He doesnt know whether or not to actually tell him about the letter he recieved.

 

"It was pretty easy." Sehun explained and took a sip of the water. "We really didnt do anything. We just practiced how we were going to walk during graduation day. I can't believe its in 2 days."

 

Luhan smiled and grabbed a piece of orange chicken and popped it into his mouth. "Time goes by pretty fast. Listen there's something I have to tell you-"

 

"Honestly, I can't wait to get out of college and for graduation. Nothing could ruin my joy right now. Your going to be there right, love?"

 

Luhan smiled. "Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

 

"Great." Sehun replied. "Then it's going to be you and my grandpa thats going to watch me graduate. What did you want to tell me?"

 

"Oh. Umm nothing." Luhan replied and stuffed his mouth with another piece of chicken. It wasnt the right time to tell Sehun. He didnt want to break Sehun's bubble and suddenly talk about moving to Japan when Sehun was such in a good mood.

 

He'll tell him another day.

 

-

 

It was the day before Sehun's graduation that Luhan decided to meet up with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to talk about the letter he recieved. The two congradulated him but when Luhan suddenly disscussed a possiblity of moving to Japan, the two looked at him sadly. They have known each other since highschool and the longest that they've been seperated was for 3 months. 

 

"Say something." Luhan begged. He couldn't deal with how the room became so tense and quiet. He wanted to hear their opinions before taking such a big step that could change his life.

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at each for a moment and smiled slightly. Baekhyun turned and faced Luhan. "We've all been friends for the longest time. And even though we've had our ups and down, we'll all still love each other unconditionally. So, if you really want to go to Japan and work there, as a designer, you should. We'll miss you alot but if thats what you really want then you should."

 

"Besides, the cooperation is going to train you and supply you with everything you need. You'd be an idiot not to go." Kyungsoo explained and Baekhyun's eyes began to glisten. Being pregnant definantly made this more emotional. 

 

"Don't cry, Baek." Luhan sniffed, as tears rolled down his cheeks.

 

"Speak for yourself." Baekhyun sobbed. "I'm pregnant and hormonal. What's your excuse?"

 

Kyungsoo sighed, as he watched the two sob into the palms of their hands. "This is supposed to be a good thing. Guys, its not like Luhan's dying. He'll visit us and we'll visit him. Besides I want to see Japan too."

 

Luhan wiped his tears. "Really? You'll visit me?"

 

"Of course!" Baekhyun replied, wiping the remaining tears he had left. "But you have to treat us. To shaved ice, udon, ramen-""

 

Luhan laughed. "Okay. Promise. I'll treat you guys to amazing, delicious Japanese food when you visit. And when you visit, i'll take you out sightseeing and pretend we're from animes and mangas!"

 

-

 

Sehun was planning on telling Luhan that he loved him on the day of his graduation. He had been meaning to tell him since a couple of weeks ago. But then decided that graduation day would probably be the best way to tell him. Sehun knew he loved Luhan during their time apart from one another. It was funny how 3 days of not communicating with Luhan made Sehun realize that he loved him.

 

The ceremony took an hour and a half. But once it was over, Sehun couldnt wait to profess his love to his boyfriend. He couldn't wait to see the suprised reaction from him and the "I love you too" that came with it. When the graduates where led outside, Sehun searched for his grandpa and his boyfriend. He was given a tight embrace by his grandfather and raised an eyebrow when he saw that Luhan wasnt with him.

 

"Where's Luhan?" Sehun asked, confusidly.

 

His grandfather scratched his head, trying to remeber where Luhan had went. "He went to the restroom."

 

-

 

"I heard Sehun came with his boyfriend today."

 

"The rich one?"

 

"Yeah. I saw him today with Sehun's grandfather and he was pretty handsome. I could see why Sehun didn't want to break up with him. He's rich and hot. The two best combinations in the world."

 

"He's such an though, for only dating him for his money. But Sehun's still hot. I'm just waiting for him to break up with that rich guy and realize that I'm better than him. All that guy has is money."

 

"Whatever. We should go. Our parents might be looking for us."

 

When Luhan heard the door close, he stepped out of the stall and wiped the tears on his face. He the cold water and washed his face with it. He felt hurt. He couldnt believe that Sehun was using him just for his money. He trusted him and now he doesnt know what to believe. After he wiped all of his remaining tears, Luhan stepped out of the restroom and made his way towards Sehun. 

 

Sehun smiled, as he watched Luhan walk towards him. "There you are. I was just looking for you-"

 

"Cut the crap." Luhan replied, causing Sehun to blink his eyes innocently. 

 

"Did I do something wrong?"

 

"Is this why you never said you loved me?" Luhan sniffed. The tears were beginning to fall again but he didnt care. "Because you never really loved me at all. You were only dating me because of my money-"

 

Finally, Sehun understood why his boyfriend was so upset. "Babe, I-"

 

"Don't call me that." Luhan replied, wiping his tears. "I spent 7 months waiting and waiting for a reply from you. I thought it was because you needed more time to realize your feelings but I was wrong. What's worse is that I actually thought you loved me. But in reality, you never loved me at all. You just liked the prize that came with me."

 

Sehun grabbed onto Luhan's shoulders. "I can explain-"

 

Luhan broke away from Sehun's grip. "There's nothing to explain. Those 7 months that we spent together, I was staying true to my feelings but you didnt. Sehun, I can't wait for you anymore."

 

"So that's it?" Sehun asked, angrily. "You just going to break up with me wihout hearing my side of the story? That's unfair-"

 

"Unfair?" Luhan scoffed. "What's unfair is that you used me for 7 months for your own personal advantage! Don't pin this on me because this is your fault."

 

"You're right. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry I was such an all this time." Sehun rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe that Luhan wasnt giving him a chance to explain. Luhan rolled his eyes in response and walked away.

 

Moving to Japan didnt sound like a bad decision anymore.