No beat...No warmth

No beat...No warmth

“Well you failed again. “ The teacher stood in front of me and put a piece of paper on my desk.

 

I wasn’t even able to flip the paper around. I knew what it was. F. It is always an F no matter what I do.

 

F like failure.

F like forget.

F like fat.

F like ‘ing no’.

 

My chemistry teacher was still standing in front of me, obviously waiting for some reaction of mine.

“I want you to talk to me after the lesson.”

 

I lightly nodded my head. That’s what they all say. My history teacher, my English teacher, my biology teacher, etc. I’ve wasted more than enough of my time staying in class for an extra time, while these adults tried to get why I am like this.

 

They always ask the same questions. Teachers are – adults are – all the same.

 

 

 

 

“Sehun, please sit down.” I did so and the teacher pulled himself a chair to the desk opposite to me.

“Do you have anything to say to me? Do you have a problem with me?” I shook my head.

 

“Well, okay…I know that you are a smart boy. I’ve known you for quite some years now. You were such a good student, until this year.”

 

The teacher tried looking at me, but I was staring out of the window.

 

“You’re never active in the lessons and you fail every single test you write. Why?”

 

I shrugged.

 

“Explain to me. Have you gone stupid? Is all of this too much for you?”

 

I looked at him. “Can I go now please? I’ll be late for my bus, if you continue talking pointless stuff to me.”

 

He looked at me with huge eyes, while I started to pack my things into my blue bag.

He was still looking at me with huge eyes, while I was leaving the class room.

 

 

 

 

Instead of going to the bus stop, where I am supposed to go, my feet take me to a place in the opposite direction of home.

I reached an old house at the edge of the town. I knocked and since nobody opened, I simply pushed the door open.

 

Nobody was there. Nobody has ever been here, except me and my friend Luhan. But he also seemed absent today, which I was quite happy about today.

 

I threw my bag under a dark wooden table, its surface covered with dust, and sat down on the windowsill staring outside at the lonely landscape.

 

 

 

No matter what I did, I was doing it wrongly. No matter how hard I try, people are always complaining about the results. No matter how hard I study, I fail. I don’t believe it’s because I am stupid…

 

The other people in my grade, the people who used to be my friends, do absolutely nothing, but they always get good results and get simply everything.

 

I am really not stupid.

I can tell you when exactly the Great Wall of China had been built and how long it is.

I can tell you when the Tyrannosaurus Rex died out.

I can tell you how exactly computers work.

I can dance…I trained for 5 years and everybody says it’s not enough.

 

 

 

A stray dog walked around in front of the house. It seemed as lost as I feel now.

 

 

 

I know I can do better.

 

 

 

I heard the door open and closing again. Footsteps were coming closer to me.

 

“Sehun is it you?” A light voice asked and I looked into the direction where the sound came from.

 

“It’s me…” I smiled. At least there was person, who liked me no matter how many flaws I have.

 

“Where have you been? I waited for you to come…”

 

“My teacher wanted to talk to me…again…”

 

Luhan smiled. “Well, you’re probably used to that already.” The boy sat down next to me and put one arm around me.

 

“What do I do wrong, tell me, Lu.” With his free hand he grabbed mine and lightly my hand with his thumb.

 

“You’re never wrong, my dear.” Suddenly Luhan started to laugh. “Well, but I am a ghost. I am dead. What do I know about life?”

 

“You know more about life than anybody else around me.”

 

Luhan grinned showing his white teeth.

 

“Sehun, maybe you just need to be more self-confident. Go outside and get to know people your age.”

 

“But I have you.” I turned over to him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. The other boy blushed.

 

“Look!” Luhan tightly grabbed my hand with his own. His skin was pale and almost see-through.  “I am dead.” Luhan placed my hand on the spot where his heart is supposed to be.

 

No beat… no warmth.

 

“You are the only one who can see me.”

 

 

 

“I wish I could be dead with you forever.” I whispered.

 

“Don’t say that…Your life is precious.” I looked down to the floor.

 

I could hear a thumping sound in front of the house. Someone was at the door.

 

I grabbed Luhan’s hand and we opened it. It was the stray dog.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I sometimes wish I was an animal. I wouldn’t need to worry about useless things. The only thing I had would be living. Living without thinking about the future.”

 

 

“Sehun…”

 

“Tell me one single thing I am really good at…”

 

“Being my friend.”

 

“Pffft…you are just a ghost…you know nothing…”

 


 

Sorry if this sounds kinda unfinished to you (it sounds unfinished to me so....)....

After I got into a better mood, I just had no idea how to end this story, so I just decided to end it there :)

Thanks for reading <3 I really appreciated that ♥