finished

No Tomorrow

"I told you to keep your on that side of the room." 

A crash following a slam of the doors startled Sunggyu from his nap. He didn't even have to go look to know who had disturbed his sleep. Sungjong and Sungyeol had been like this for a while now. The two had peacefully shared a room at the start, well peacefully for them at least, but for some reason lately the tension had risen between them.
I should sit them down and talk this out. Sunggyu thought, but he couldn't be bothered to move now. I'll just sleep a while longer.



Sungyeol sat on the floor fuming. The room was a mess, with a photo frame smashed on the floor, glass everywhere, not to mention Sungjong's clothes strewn all over the place. Their week had consisted of stupid arguments like these.

He wished he could end the stupid game they were playing. Maybe then he wouldn’t be saying stuff like "can you keep yourself to your side of the room" and "keep your ing shirt on when you walk around this place".

And maybe Sungjong wouldn’t reply with “we both own this room, so I will leave my stuff wherever I want you ” and “at least I look good without one”.

He had not meant to snap at the youngest again, but most of the time he couldn't control what he was doing or saying to the boy. Sungyeol touched his lips and winced remembering a particular night. No, this is what he had been trying to avoid, he didn’t want to remember that at all. Nothing would come from that.

He dragged a hand through his hair and sighed. He should probably clean up and then try to find Sungjong and apologize.. He took one more look around the room. He did feel guilty about the picture frame he had knocked over by accident, he knew it was precious to Sungjong. He pushed himself up from his position and carefully picked up the picture. It was a picture of Sungjong and his family on holidays. Sungyeol smiled, the younger boy actually looked sweet here, with his adorable smile and sparkling eyes. But that was a lie, he was a demon in disguise. A demon that was out to seduce him. Sungyeol was convinced of that.

But he did want to continue living, so Sungyeol placed the photo carefully on the table and started cleaning up the glass. He would make amends, even if he didn’t particularly want to.

-

Sungjong was upset. He was mad, but more than that he was hurt. Sungyeol had been acting like an all week and more than usually. True, Sungjong was just as bad when retaliating, but today Sungyeol had yelled at him again and then proceeded to ruin his favorite photo frame. Why was his crush so frustrating sometimes?
He had been hiding out at this coffee shop for an hour now and thankfully no one had recognized him yet. His phone vibrated, Sungyeol was messaging him on Kakao Talk.

SY: I’m sorry.
SY: Where are you? 
SJ: No.
SY: No, what?
SJ: I'm not going to forgive you. You've been stupid all week.
SY: I'll make up for it. So tell me where you are.
SJ: At the usual place.
SJ: This doesn't mean I want to see you though. (unread)

Sungjong sighed. Why did he have to fall for this idiot exactly? He cursed everything once more.

-

Sungyeol ran into the coffee shop an hour later and bumped into some tables pushing around them in his eagerness to get to Sungjong's. The younger hid his face in embarrassment, really.. There was nothing to like about this person.

Except clearly everything. Sungyeol had a very familiar photo in his hands.

"Sorry, I'm so late. I wanted to fix this." The taller boy stood awkwardly next to the table after handing Sungjong the newly framed photo. Sungjong had planned to talk to Sungyeol coldly and complain about how he was being treated, but he just couldn't muster it up now.

"Sit down, moron." Sungjong ordered trying to hide how touched he was. It was Sungyeol's fault the frame had gotten ruined, but he hadn't expected the older to replace it. "You're such a mess." He commented with affection taking in Sungyeol's appearance as he sat down.

"I'm really am sorry. About everything." It seemed to take a lot out of Sungyeol to actually force these words out.

“Did Sunggyu put you up to this or something?” Sungjong glared at him discontent now. Why was it so hard for the older boy to be sincere?

“No, of course not.” Sungyeol looked up at him getting angry too.

“Then what is your problem?”

“You’re my problem.” Sungyeol grit out through his teeth.

“Oh, yeah I have noticed that. Could you maybe tell me now why exactly? What do you want from me? What do I need to do to make you back off? What..”

He was cut off by Sungyeol’s lips on his. He tried to struggle, but gave in in. Sungjong was glad that they were in a secluded corner, because the next thing he knew Sungyeol's hands were in his hair, tugging on the silky strands and he couldn't breathe. He ended up desperately clutching on the sweater Sungyeol was wearing as the older took control of the kiss. It felt wrong, yet so right at the same time.

They broke apart breathing heavily.

"This. Is. What. I. Need.” Sungyeol spat out staring Sungjong right in the eyes. “You’re such a tease you know. Seducing me and then backing off. Then you’re surprised when I’m pissed off.”

Sungjong looked away from the intense gaze. He knew Sungyeol was right. At the core it was his fault, he had initiated the first time they kissed. He had been completely wasted that night and at that moment he had wanted it so much he just couldn’t resist. The awkwardness that had followed the next day and their inability to talk about things had led to all the arguing. But Sungyeol was the one who initiated their arguments, he just couldn’t keep his mouth shut and that was his fault.

“Then how about I stop teasing? And we start taking this seriously?” Sungjong finally looked at Sungyeol trying to gauge his reaction to this proposal. All the anger from him seemed to wane.

“I’m sure we can come to an agreement there.” Sungyeol yielded.

“If not we can always make out again.”

 

(Maybe they had had a rough start, but the future seemed promising.)