First... Date?

Coffeeshop Cliché

Hey there, lovelies! Thanks for making it all the way to chapter 4 of Coffeeshop Cliche. It really does mean a lot to know someone cares about this story. Please enjoy reading this chapter, and stay wonderful!! ♥

 

~~~

 

Ah, Saturday morning. Our dearly beloved Kevin was sound asleep in his bed, Hoon the same way in the opposite bed. It was 7:30, and as the clock's display graduated into later times, our velvety red headed male lazily awoke, rubbing his eyes. Hoon always woke up first. He'd cook Kevin breakfast and then wake the younger boy up, which is exactly what he did. 

 

He made himself and the boy some pancakes and eggs, along with his personal favorite: Bacon. According to Kevin, bacon was all Hoon ate. Of course, if you were to ask him personally, he'd probably agree. 

 

Hoon often worked out while he had the chance, so while he usually ate healthy, he could never stop eating bacon. Kevin ways picked on him for that. He called it Hoon's "I eat veggies but I want bacon" diet. Shaking his head while chuckling at his recollection of Kevin's words, he served the boy's plate and did the same with his own. 

 

Once satisfied with his work, Chef Hoon crept into their room and uncovered the snoozing Kevin. 'Man, this kid sleeps deep.'  He laughed to himself, nudging the boy gently, causing the latter to grunt in mid-slumber. "Kevin~~~" He called softly, that way he didn't scare you younger awake. 

 

Kevin just swatted at the other in his sleep, turning over to face away from Hoon, who just laughed and attempted to wake him again. "I made you breakfast!" He called, which somehow got the caramel haired sleepyhead to blink his eyes open for the first time that morning.

 

With a fake gasp, Hoon looked at the other with a surprised expression and exclaimed, "IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!" 

 

Kevin threw his pillow at Hoon. "Quit screaming, Hoon. It's too early."

 

Hoon just laughed. "Sure. For you maybe." He shot back, lifting one of the lazy boy's arms and watching it fall back onto Kevin's side. 

 

"You're grossly lazy." Hoon told the other, who just stuck his tongue out. 

 

Sitting up, he raked a tired hand through his messy albeit adorable morning hair and glanced over at the nightstand where it had seemed he left his drink from the coffeeshop. Inscribed on the side in Eli's renowned handwriting was his phone number. 

 

"Yeah, I noticed that too. Who's number have you gotten?~ Someone by the name of Eli, it seems?~" He asked teasingly, and knowingly. Kevin had been talking about Eli ever since he'd started working at Morning Kiss, even if he hadn't noticed yet.

 

With flushed cheeks, Kevin just ignored Hoon's question and exited the room, trudging into their kitchen as he replied: "C'mon, let's go get our breakfast. I'm not eating cold food."

 

The velvety haired latter shook his head with a chuckle, following Kevin out into the kitchen and getting seated at the table. Kevin did the same, seeming to swallow the breakfast whole. He was quite the eater, yet the leanest boy you'd probably ever meet. 

 

After it all, Hoon and Kevin got to more co-op gaming, the caramel haired boy having that Morning Kiss cup stuck on his mind the entire time. At around 9:30, Kevin excused himself and showered, preparing to call Eli once he was dressed. Which is exactly what he did, matching the digits written on the cup to the numbers he typed on his phone. Hitting the green call button, he raised his phone to his ear, each passing second allowing his heart to beat faster and faster as he waited. 

 

On Eli's side of the phone, he glanced down at the loudly vibrating device, an expectant smirk finding his lips as he studied the unfamiliar number. Finally, after a few teasing rings, he picked up the device and placed it against his ear. "Hello?" He answered. 

 

Kevin felt his heart hammering at his rib cage in protest to staying protected in his chest where it belonged at the sound of Eli's voice. With a weak smile, he quickly searched his mind for a reply.

 

"Hey, Eli!" He exclaimed, extremely relieved that his voice didn't crack like it usually did when he was nervous. "It's Kevin. I, ah..." He paused for a moment, trying to find the right words to say. 

 

That is, until Eli spoke in his turn, just to lift some of the pressure from the boy. "Oh, hey. D'you sleep well?" He asked, glancing up at the television set from the couch.

 

The question caused seemingly all the blood in the little boy's body to rush to his cheeks, causing them to become a rosy shade of red. "Yeah... Did you?" He asked in return.

 

"Mhm! You ready for today?"

 

"Yeah. I'm excited," Kevin admitted, his face lighting up as a question popped into his mind. "Did you have anything specific planned?" He asked curiously. 

 

Although Eli knew Kevin couldn't see him, he shook his head before replying, "I was thinking you could decide for the both of us.~"

 

The boy blinked, feeling his cheeks heat up again. As for answering the question, his mind raced, searching for a proper place to hang out. "Mm... What about the mall?" He asked after a bit. 

 

After getting Eli's enthusiastic approval, the two hung up in sync and Kevin hastily made his way to their destination. 

 

---

 

Arriving at the large mall, he entered through a big, glass rotating door and looked around. He hadn't been here in a looong while. 

 

From afar, our black faux-hawked male smiled, approaching the other from behind and tapping his shoulder lightly, quickly dodging Kevin's view as he turned to face whoever had tapped him. 

 

As Kevin had spotted no one, his face adopted a confused look and he turned to the other side, finally spotting Eli. 

 

"Gotcha.~"

 

Kevin rolled his eyes, but laughed at the other's trick anyways. Eli's attempts to be annoying always left the latter smiling. He had no idea why... it was just natural for him. 

 

It always had been, and even more so around this particular barista. 

 

After a bit of friendly conversation, they began to make their journey around the large, lightly crowded building.

 

They fell into step alongside each other, passing stores and things as they'd been wrapped up in each other more than actually spending time actually at the mall.

 

"Today's another day you should mark on your calendar." Eli turned to Kevin as they walked along, one side of his lips tugged upwards in a side smirk, "Our first date." He teased.

 

Kevin nearly choked on the words that hadn't even left his mouth yet, his cheeks lighting up the brightest shade of red you could possibly imagine. He glued his eyes to his shoes, barely managing a reply to Eli's words. "... Date?" He repeated hesitantly, question very evident in his tone. 

 

"Mhm," the other confirmed, shooting a sly smirk over towards the male. He knew how the other felt; All confused and flustered. It was the same way he felt, albeit Eli was extremely good at hiding his feelings, choosing this time to cover them up with sly smirks and flirts... Which he was also good at. 

 

Kevin just turned in the opposite direction, in an attempt to hide his deeply flushed cheeks. But Eli already knew. 

 

After about a minute of gathering his senses, Kevin had finally eased up and began to behave normally again, or at least partially. He just couldn't get those words out of his mind.

 

Our first date.

 

Their first date. Kevin's overall first date. Let alone with Eli. He was grateful of course, he just got flustered way too easily, therefore he had absolutely no way to express it. He glanced over at Eli just in time to watch him part his lips and speak. 

 

"You wanna stop at the food court, get something to eat? I'll buy.~" The dark haired male offered, eying Kevin as a smile took its rightful place on his lips. 

 

Kevin somehow returned the smile, nodding without hesitation. He silently praised himself for not completely melting as he'd expected himself to. "Yeah, sounds fun!" He even managed. 

 

And that's when he followed Eli to the food court, and they'd decided to get just normal fast food as they stopped at a McDonald's. The food was quickly made up and they sat together at a table for two a little out of reach from the other tables, that way they had more time to focus on each other. 

 

During their little lunch, they'd picked up friendly conversations, picking up more information about one another. They both seemed to enjoy it all, as there'd been smiles and laughter throughout. 

 

That is, until Kevin made the mistake of grabbing for the still packaged straw for his fountain drink. It had seemed Eli intended to do the same thing as they simultaneously extended their arms, their hands brushing lightly against each other, Kevin accidentally glancing up to meet the other's stare.

 

The touch of their skin against each other's for that split second had shot a surge of... he didn't even know, straight through his veins. All he knew was that, he enjoyed it. And apparently so did his cheeks,  as they displayed by lighting up brightly, like a neon "24 hour" sign in a diner window.

 

"S- sorry," The flustered, caramel haired boy stammered immediately, pulling his arm back as quickly as he could.

 

Eli laughed, seeming quite amused by all of this. "It's fine. Here," He said, handing the other a straw with a smile, pounding his against the table in order to open it, before poking it into the top of his soda. 

 

After what seemed to be an entire day of blushing and stuttering on Kevin's side, and flirting and smirking from the latter's, they both decided to go home, as Eli had some small errands to run before he got home and finally got to bed for work early the next morning. 

 

---

 

Kevin sighed softly. He'd just got finished telling Hoon all about the day he just had, smiling the entire time. 

 

He finally dragged himself to bed, being sure his phone had been plugged into it's charger the same way he did every night, until the device loudly vibrated and his screen lit up. Who could have been texting him at this time...? 

 

He became lightly flustered as he recognized the number as none other than Eli's. He scanned the screen, smiling softly at the simple word.

 

"G'night! ^^" 

 

~~~

 

Thanks again for reading, everyone. ♥ If you enjoyed, I ask to please consider giving us an upvote.

 

Stay tuned for the next update!  ^^