Chapter 5

Too Far Out

Chapter 5

After that day I rejected Han I couldn’t help but notice how he just became rigid around me and treated me as though I didn’t really exist but was just a figment of his imagination as the week progressed.

Now it’s Friday and our wonderful science teacher wants us to do a short practical investigation on how mass and surface area effects the change in velocity in falling objects that are dropped from the same height- something that I’m really not looking forward to because it means she’s going to do the one thing that I hate her for each time.

“Okay class, to make things easy this time I’ll just partner you up with the person sitting next to you at your desk. You’re four at a table so it shouldn’t be a difficult task to gather your objects and recording materials and meet me on the third floor of this block. I’m giving you five minutes to have one person from each pair upstairs to that the person downstairs can start recording the time and results for each object. Now go!”

And just like that the classroom is filled with scraping chairs and the sound of chattering students as everyone gets their equipment together and decides who’s going upstairs. I look at Han and I’m about to claim the throwing role when he interrupts me before I can say anything.

“You’re recording data.” He says bluntly and then shoves an exam pad into my hand along with a pen and the stop watch that our teacher had earlier placed on our desk. I huff at his rudeness.

“No need to be a jerk because of a little rejection.” I harshly whisper to him to avoid any curious eyes on me but fail to keep some of our fellow classmates from hearing my annoyed exclamation as some of them turn to give me questioning looks. I quickly grab and eraser from my table and replace the pen Han gave me for a pencil before swaggering past him like his cold attitude towards me lately hasn’t been bothering me at all.

We make our way outside and I stand in the quad and wait for him to make his way upstairs to we can start this and get it over and done with. Before he heads to the staircase that will lead him to the balcony on the third floor, he come to me and places the stop watch on the exam pad I’m holding out and ready in preparation to start taking note.

“You dropped this.” He says casually and I only spare the little device a glance before motioning with the forefinger of my free hand for him to go up already. He leans into my personal space and nudges me in the shoulder with his own thin finger.

“Why would I be bothered by something as silly as you turning down my offer to lunch?” he asks, moving away from me just as he is starting to get too close for comfort. He takes a few steps towards the staircase and turns to give me a nonchalant shrug, smiling shortly after as if we’ve just exchanged pleasant words.

It’s not like I was asking you to go out with me or anything!” he says with a nifty laugh trailing behind him as he vanishes from sight and I jerk my head away from the direction he went in in annoyance only to find a horde of eyes all looking at me- some questioning though most are just judging me. Even the teacher is giving me a disapproving look which I don’t quite get.

Why the hell are they all looking at me like that?

***

Another update at last!

I’m sorry for keeping you waiting but I’m a college student with much to do so it’ll happen more often now that I’m at school again.

Do you see what’s happening here??

Do you realize that the plot if finally starting??

I hope you’re excited for what’s to come because I sure am. Our Liji is going to go for one hell of a ride starting from now. I hope you will stay tined to experience it with her.

Thank you to all my subbies and commenters for supporting this fic, and to the upvoters too. Upvotes are always loved:D

Well… I’m off so see you next chapt :*