LOVE SICK

FTISLAND One-shot Collection

 

> Love Sick

> Cheerful Sensibility (Debut Album)

> June 7, 2007 (Released Date)

 

Characters:

> Hongki - 15 years old

> Jaejin - Hongki's younger brother

             - 5 years old

> Jonghun - Hongki's bestfriend

                  - 15 years old

 

A/N: This story is not totally related to the lyrics of the song or the music video.

 

       Jaejn is a smart kid who loves internet. One hundred percent (100 %) of his leisure time goes to playing online games and SNS. At his very young age, he's already addicted to social media. One day, while surfing on the internet particularly on youtube, he saw a video in which he's interested to. It is a music video entitled LOVESICK. He opens it and watch attentively while some questions pops in his young mind. After watching the video, he sit beside his older brother who is watching TV on the sala. He wants to asks some questions to him.

       "Oh! It's a miracle! Are you finished surfing on the web? Are you already tired? Common, wanna sleep on my lap?"Hongki asked his little brother.

       Jaejin sit on his lap and Hongki is careesing the little kid's hair.

       "No hyung. I'm not tired. I just want to ask you something. Can I?" Jaejin asked.

       "Sure, why not? Don't hesitate to ask me anything that bothers you. What's that?"

       "Hyung, what is lovesick? I'm just curious."

       "Lovesick? Where did you learn that? Don't tell me that my little brother is already inlove. Are you Jinnie?"

       "Of course not hyung. I just saw it on the internet. What's lovesick hyung?"

       "Ahm...lovesick is when a person is left by his/her love one. He/she will become sick because of loneliness."

       "When Omma and Appa died, are you lovesick hyung?"

       "Huh? Jinnie I felt loneliness at that time, but I'm not lovesick. It can only be felt when you're inlove to your opposite and then he/she left you"

       "What's opposite hyung? And why they become lovesick?"

       "You know Jinnie, you'll understand everything when you grow up. As of now, you need to eat and to sleep at the right time so that you will grow big and smart. Okay?"

       "Hyung I want to grow up soon so that I will know what is lovesick and why people feel it?"

       "That's why I told you to eat and sleep well."

*knock*

*knock*

*knock*

       "Oh hyung, do you have visitors?"

       "I have no visitors. Ahm..just wait here, I'll check it."

        Hongki opens the door and he is shock to see Jonghun who is drunk and holding a bottle of wine. 

       "Bro? What happens? Why you're drunk?"

       "Hyung, who's that?" Jaejin asked.

       "Bro, can I come in? Please bro."

        "Sure. Come on, let's talk inside."

       Jonghun came in and sat on the sofa. Jaejin is shock to see his Jonghun hyung drunk.

       "Jonghun hyung? What are you doing here? And why you're drunk? Don't you know that drinking alcohol can damage your liver? I searched it on the internet."

       "Psstt... Jinnie, just go to your room now, or just play online games. I'll talk to your Jonghun hyung, okay?"

       "Okay...but hyung, don't let him drink too much. It's bad."

       Hongki just smiles to his younger brother as an assurance and Jaejin goes back to his computer table but he secretly listens to his two hyungs.

       "Bro, what happened? Why you're doing this?" Hongki asked Jonghun.

       "Bro, she broke up with me. She found another love and just left me like a trash. She don't love me anymore. It's hurts bro. It really hurts." Jonghun confesses everything while bursting out with tears and drinking his wine at the same time.

       Hongki notices it and grabs the wine from his hand.

       "Hey! Stop that! You're just ruining yourself. Common bro, you're still young. You're just fifteen years old. You can find another who will loves you forever. Maybe you're not meant for each other." 

       Hongki massages Jonghun's back trying to comfort his heartbroken bestfriend.

      While on the other side, Jaejin who's secretly listening to them, suddenly appears at their back. 

       "Jonghun hyung, you are lovesick?" Is Jonghun hyung lovesick Hongki hyung?"

       The two was shocked in his sudden appearance.

       "Hey Jinnie! What are you doing here? I told you to just stay away. Why are you listening to us huh?"

     "I didn't listen hyung, I just heard it accidentally." Jaejin reasoned out.

      "Tsk..you're really good in reasoning. Just go back to your computer table."

      "Answer me first hyung, please...."

     Hongki is speechless. He doesn't know how to explain everything to his little brother.  He don't want to hurt Jonghun's feelings. 

      "Yes baby, I'm lovesick. Your Jonghun hyung is broken hearted. Your nuna left me." Jonghun anwered Jaejin's question personally.

      "Really? Why she left you hyung?" Jaejin continue asking so, Hongki tries to stop him.

       "Hey..Jinnie, stop asking. You won't understand. You're still a kid."

       "I don't know baby. I don't know why she hurt me." Jonghun just continue talking to Jaejin even though the kid didn't understand a thing.

       "She's bad! She hurt my hyung. Don't worry Jonghun hyung, when I grow up I will take revenge for you. I will make all the girls fall inlove with me and then I will leave them too. I will make them cry like what nuna did to you."

       The two was shocked on what they heard from the little kid. They never expect that he will say that kind of words.

       "Jinnie!! That's bad. It's bad to hurt anybody." Hongki said.

       "But they're bad too. So I will be bad at them also to make it fair." Jaejin answered.

       "Haissttt...you don't know what you're talking about. You'll just understand everything when you grow up. Just go back to your  computer table now." Hongki demanded.

       "Okay hyung. I will go back now, but I'll really do what I say when I grow up. I swear." 

      Hongki just stare at his younger brother who is walking towards his computer table. He check Jonghun beside him and it's already asleep.