0813

0813

"Bbom ah, it's time to wake up." A voice, Bomi's favourite voice, called. Bomi immediately sprung up from bed, partially because it was Chorong who was calling, but more because it was a special day. Seeing that she had woken up, their personal alarm started heading to the other rooms to wake the other kids up.

"Unnie," Bomi called, slightly confused and disappointed. When she had gotten the attention she wanted, she asked, "No kiss?"

"No. Why? I don't usually give you one and today's nothing special." The answer got Bomi feeling very upset. The two had shared a special relationship since the very beginning of Apink or slightly before it that matters, they were each other's girlfriend after all. Sharing kisses was not an unusual thing between them, but morning kisses that were specially given on either's birthday always held a special meaning to both of them. Now the thing that made Bomi unhappy was not just the fact Chorong had forgotten her birthday, but also how the older made it seem like morning kisses were only meant for days that were 'special'. Was she not worth kissing on a regular day?

Bomi did not say anything, it was not like she could say anything either since the other had stepped out of the room. Trying to put the issue aside, Bomi got herself ready for the day's schedule. For an idol, birthdays were more often than not packed with schedules as well. It would just be another busy and tiring day for them, the only thing they could look forward to was their fans' presents and the party with their fellow members. Smiling despite being in a rather bad mood, Bomi joined her five other members in the living room, whereby they would have a quick breakfast together before heading to the company.

"Hey, Bomi," her fellow 93-line member greeted. She sounded a little dead, and Bomi expected more enthusaism in her like the past birthdays, but she thought that the five-days-younger member was probably exhausted from the filming of her latest drama, Trot Lovers. Trying to sound unaffected, Bomi replied with a smile, "Morning Eun."

The younger ones took their turns to greet the second older, it was a practice in the dorm to do so since it was respect. However, none of them said what Bomi wanted to hear - Happy Birthday. Even if other people might think otherwise, Bomi had always considered birthdays as a special thing, because it was only once a year. The members knew that, but this year it seemed like none of them actually remembered. Furthermore, the leader of the six had not registered her presence at all. Maybe not remembering her birthday was not that bad after all, it made her feel worse that Chorong seemed to be ignoring her.

"We'll head to the company later to practise for our new song. We'll do that till afternoon, then head to our individual schedules or activities." Chorong announced while preparing the breakfast for her members, to which they just nodded. The breakfast went on just like any other day, with them joking around all the time. There was only one exception, which was that Bomi had been silent all the time.

"I'm done, I'll go prepare first," Bomi said in a rather soft voice, unlike her usual self. Her sandwich was barely eaten to begin with, which was even more unlike Bomi. Quietly, she headed back to her room, a couple of tears falling as she did so. Watching that, the members had mixed feelings. Their plan was working, but they felt bad to have made Bomi upset, especially on such a day. It was particularly had for Chorong however, since she was the only one who saw Bomi crying - she was the only one who could easily tell that Bomi was crying. It made her feel extremely guilty, she knew she was the main culprit for making her girlfriend cry.

 


 

"Bomi your angle is wrong. Follow Naeun's," Chorong ordered. Through the past few hours of practising, Chorong had been pinpointing Bomi's mistakes excessively, even making it seem like she was wrong when she was not. It made Bomi really depressed, unhappy with herself as well. However, she continued to practise, trying to put in more effort and focus even more. Of course she felt like breaking down, but they had to perfect the choreography as soon as possible and it was certainly not the time to be a crybaby.

It was nearing four and Bomi really needed a break desperately. She needed release from all the negative emotions she had throughout the day. Practice was important, but it was reaching Bomi's limit, so she left a little earlier than she was supposed to. "I'm leaving first."

If it was simply any other day and any member said that, she would probably have gotten a long lecture from Chorong, for the latter knew everyone's schedules so well. But Chorong knew better than anyone how terrible Bomi was feeling, she always read her like a book. So she looked past it, because she was aware of the alone time the younger needed. Guilt once again crept up to her for being critical to Bomi's singing and dancing that day. She silently prayed that Bomi would understand her at the end of it all, that all the mean things she did were only meant to help make their plan more successful.

 


 

Weekly Idol filming was nothing particularly special, other than the fact they had prepared a cake and some gifts to wish Bomi a happy birthday. The latter was glad and thankful, but nonetheless it still bothered her that her members did nothing.

"Hey Naeun, want to hang out or something?" Bomi chose Naeun as her first option, she knew Chorong and Eunji had drama filming today - or that's what they said.

"I'm afraid not unnie, I'm currently going to visit Eunji unnie at her filming set, and it's kind of far.." Bomi just nodded understandingly, despite Naeun obviously being unable to see that. 

"Alright then, I'll find the maknaes."

And so the next person she called was her fellow subunit member, Namjoo. "Namjoo-ah, are you free now? Want to go catch a movie or something?"

"I'm sorry unnie, I'm currently out for something quite important with Hayoung now.." Well whatever that 'something' was, Namjoo evidently sounded like she and Hayoung both could not make time for Bomi at the moment, so it was another rejection. A special day and five special people in her life rejected her in a way or another. Bomi was far more than just dejected, and there was only one place she wanted to head to.

'To: Rongie <3

Hey, I'm heading to the Han River. Just to let you know in case I end up reaching home a little late.'

Bomi was not obliged to let Chorong know of her whereabouts, and she even thought that Chorong was not going to care about her notification, but she knew very well she tend to lose track of time whenever she was at the Han river so she thought she should at least tell Chorong. She did so all the time, and Chorong knew that, which was one of the reasons they made her so upset today. To get her to go to the river, buying some time for them to set up the dormitory.

 


 

Bomi spent some time crying by herself at the river. After enjoying her past birthdays, who knew she would spend her 22nd birthday crying so hard? She was just so hurt from everyone, from her girlfriend whom she trusted so much.

Tired from the major breakdown, Bomi dragged herself back to the dormitory, feeling a tad bit better but still being ready to have round two in her room later. As she opened the door, it was pitch black, pretty much like how she expected. However, as she turned back from locking the door, a candle was lighted up just not too far in front of her, its light enabling Bomi to see a cake below it and a pair of hands holding it. Then the lights came on.

Bomi stood rooted, literally as still as a stone. The living room was prettily decorated with balloons, and a board with "Happy 22nd Birthday Bomi!" was hanging across the room from one corner to another. What made it more beautiful was her five members standing in front of her, faces filled with sincerity.

"Wha-?" Bomi was still processing what had happened, but the younger ones did not exactly care.

"Unnie! Happy birthday! Here's our present!" Bomi took it politely, and noticed that it was a couple of guitar books, together with some guitar accessories. She was still in confusion, but smiled when the two youngest ones engulfed her in a hug.

"Yah Yoon Bomi, couldn't you show more expression?" Eunji joked as she walked towards Bomi with Naeun.

"Bomi unnie, here's our present." Naeun handed her a small paper bag which contained a branded earpiece Bomi had wanted for some time already. They, too, gave Bomi a hug. Even at that point in time, Bomi was still being confused.

"Yah Babomi," Chorong called, now being her turn. Hearing Chorong's sweet voice once again was all that was needed for Bomi's tears to fall again. Chorong frowned slightly at Bomi crying, but it soon chaned into a soft chuckle because Bomi was too cute. Tears soon welled up as her lover was crying, and Chorong ended up crying and laughing at the same time. Reaching out to wipe the tears away, Chorong said, "Yah don't cry, please don't cry. You've done so enough just now, and stop being sad over a jerk like me." She was so clear of how much hurt she had inflicted on Bomi throughout the day. "I'm sorry hmm? It was all for this party."

Bomi took a piece of tissue and dapped Chorong's tears off her face, but immediately after showing concern she walked away, pretending to be angry. Chorong, undoubtedly, came following behind her. "Ehh sorry~"

The younger one turned around and her heart softened after looking at her girlfriend's face, but she was determined to act like she was angry. Pouting, she shot glares of fake anger towards the older. The two were totally in their own world until they got interrupted by the kids.

"Ahem ahem." Eunji coughed. The two were then knocked out of their own world. However, before Bomi could even react, Hayoung came running towards her with the cake in her hand, which of course, landed on Bomi's face. The cream on the cake was entirely smeared on Bomi's face, and the others, including Chorong, could not help but laugh. Bomi instantly shot a death glare towards the youngest, who ran behind Chorong for protection.

"OH HAYOUNG I AM SO GOING TO KILL YOU!" Bomi wanted to run past Chorong and catch Hayoung, but was stopped by the oldest.

"Yah Bomi." Chorong tried to keep Bomi still, while Bomi tried to continue pretending to be angry. However, when Chorong started wiping the cream away using a piece of tissue, Bomi's feigned anger totally disappeared because of the distance between them. They were so close that Bomi could do nothing but be captivated by the older's beauty. She stood there for a while, just letting Chorong clean the cream off, but Bomi being Bomi, decided to be mischievous. Using her hand to remove a portion of the leftover cream on her face, she put the cream onto Chorong's instead.

"Yoon Bomi you want to die?!" The threatened ran away instantaneously, she knew she would get hit if she were to get caught. After a while of running about the house like little kids, Bomi was caught in Chorong's arms and the older gave a few light slaps on the younger's bottom.

"This will teach you not to do such stuff," Chorong commented, beaming in victory. Thereafter, she went back to cleaning up whatever cream that was left on Bomi's face. The younger girl always liked how caring the other was, and if the other kids were not around, she would definitely have kissed the other.

 


 

The party ended, but Chorong made sure that did not signify the end of Bomi's happiness. Demanding Bomi to close her eyes, Chorong led Bomi into her room and made her sit on the bed.

"You may open your eyes now." And so Bomi did. To her surprise, in front of her sat a lifesize bear, one that she had once came upon and randomly expressed her liking towards.

"OH MY GOSH CHORONG UNNIE I LOVE YOU." Bomi really liked the bear, but she certainly did not forget to give a hug to her girlfriend first. Her grip on the other was really tight as she expressed sincerely, "Thank you."

"Bbom-ah," Chorong said as Bomi lightened her hug slightly. "Sit down."

Bomi obeyed and sat down, just looking at nowhere in particular. Suddenly, she felt something at her neck. Looking down and tugging at the object, she realised it was a necklace, and its pattern was a few heart shapes. Before Bomi said anything, Chorong wrapped her hands around Bomi's neck from the back and put her head on Bomi's shoulder. "Bbom ah, happy birthday. I'm sorry to have hurt you and made you cry today."

Bomi tried to have eye contact with the other, but Chorong was getting a little too emotional so she cut any form of eye contact. "I wanted to write all these down.... But I thought saying it would be more sincere, even if it's harder. So yeah.. Thank you for being so understanding all this while, always being so considerate and caring towards me. Even though we might have arguments, but you always take the effort to apologise first whether you're at fault or not. Thank you for always being there when I need someone. Thanks for always wiping away my tears, making me happy, telling me I'm beautiful even when I'm crying. You're just always here for me, cheering me up and making me especially happy. I'm so glad to have you in my life, no words can emphasise how thankful I am. You're really the best person I've met. There's so many things I want to say but it's just so hard for me to express, but even if I don't say it you know it right? All I want you to know is that I love you, and I really do. Happy 22nd birthday Yoon Bomi, I love you."

Both were crying as Chorong talked; Bomi because she was touched, while Chorong because she recalled the past times together - both easy and tough ones. When she was done saying what she wanted, she tilted her head to peck the younger on the cheek, ignoring the salty taste of the tears. Then she turned Bomi such that they were facing each other.

"Bomi ah... I'm sorry.... and thank you..." Chorong said, staring into the other's eyes, before leaning in to give her the kiss she had been yearning for.

 


 

A/N: Happy Birthday Bomi! #2Bomi2Day well being such a hardcore chomi shipper, it's pretty expected for me to write a chomi fic for Bomi's birthday, right? I hope this was enjoyable for you guys! With this fanfic, I hope that Bomi enjoys her day today (everyday) :D