The Future of That Day

On The Road

Changmin was  sort of there. Sitting in the corner with his perfectly done hair and his custom tuxedo and make up, ready for the performance, he was grateful that they travelled right in this timeline. If he was going back to his stage of puberty again, he would strangle Fate and whipped the Deity with his Leader’s puppy-dog eyes.

Mirotic was a strange, addictive song with simple yet effective lyric, he mused.

“Wow! I didn’t know you could look that y, noona!”, the high pitched voice he associated with certain dolphin exclaimed.

What did he know? Junsu-hyung had a zero potential to be the next Cassanova.

“Woah, those fanboys will be on treat tonight!”

“You look great, our leader!”

The maknae’s slightly glazed vision cleared and when he saw what she wore, he couldn’t help but glared at their stylist.

“What are these things she’s wearing?! Change it now!”

He commanded furiously.

Those blasted revealing outfit!

Twenty one years old Shim Changmin didn’t dare to shout at his elders, but twenty six years old Shim Changmin, who used to babysit his accident prone hyung over five years, who crossed the dimension with him and never once commented at his(her) new gender certainly didn’t even care about order and rules and manners, especially when he could glower at the producer and sent a glare at the teams that could freeze Atlantic whenever he was angry or disappointed (only when a certain person did something so stupid, like jumped in the pool at winter at filming set).

Only when she’d come back with a more demure one he nodded and let the stylist did her hair.


“You okay?”.

She asked in the car, aware of his cranky mood.

“You know noona, don’t let that evil coordi dressed you like that again!”

“Don’t even listen to him!” , Junsu butted in.

Did this hyung really want the taste of his fist on his nose right now? He couldn’t even yell with Yoochun-hyung fell asleep in the back.

“The essence of Mirotic is iness, Changmin-ah.”

He heard she mumbled. What?

“You had said to me clearly the first time around.”

Because the first time around was when they were all guys and at that time he didn’t mind that his Leader had gotten stares from girls. Now, she got those from boys and girls.

Damn it! Why this person was so difficult to be taken care of!

This was karma when he’d laughed so hard at Eric-hyung unfortunate incident for calling Hyesung-noona our princess and the beating that Shinhwa’s leader receiving in the end.


 

“You want to try cute concept?”

He asked doubtfully, remembered clearly that MAXIMUM was their next title song and was certainly not a cute one. Did she forget about Keep Your Head Down?

“Or happy one. I wanna cheer for people.”

“We got Purple Line for that.” He dismissed before inquired again.

“Noona, the lawsuit.”

Because both of them understood, no matter how painful their broken bonds, their three talented friends would be happier outside, whatever their reasons to break the teams and dreams.

Dreams and goals that only the two of them would be carried from here.


 

“Stop laughing!” He said halfheartedly when both of them slipped their steps at the muddy land. Really, how could she giggle madly when half of her face covered in wet mud and their clothes had been stained with this abomination?

Suddenly he saw a Running Man member piggybacked his couple.

Before his mind could process, his noona was leaning forward and offered him her back.

“Wanna ride?” Her eyes were wide, filled with childlike innocent that let him wonder how old this woman was.

He nodded and she smiled, bright and warm like the summer dream.

How could he refuse such a request?


 

They were like the sun and the moon. They had their shared apartment, yet Changmin went back to his lonely hole of flat whenever the junk in that place had gathered like butterflies in the rose garden. (Mainly ramen cups, he refused to buy her soda, a hyper Yun was bad news and he certainly wouldn’t clean his woman’s junk.)

His noona would go back at her sister-in-this-dimension Shin Hyesung aka Jung Pilgyo who obsessed with cleanliness like Tiffany’s madness over pink and commanded her Shinhwa army to erase all trash, dirt and dust from existence and their apartment would be pristine like new again. (He loved her devious mind!)

 She was aware of his ego, narcissist, moody and borderline possessive behavior, he was perceptive of her slight flaws such as her diva-like attitude, paranoia and sometimes unbelievable naivety.

They fought, always fought because that was the nature of some relationships.

“Gender never matter, at least for us. And I know that’s also your case,” Dongwan-hyung advised once.  

But sometimes, they would sit down, opened a new photo album and laughed at each others, nothing like rings indicated their relationship, just deep understanding at each hearts and sudden intrusion of boisterous Shinhwa members who made a mess in their living room and they shared a knowing look at each other.

They were family. And they would be together.