Weird doesn't mean bad 2

Weird doesn't mean bad

They gathered together on a meadow not too far away from their homes. It was a quiet, peaceful, summer night. Except that for him it meant closing a chapter in his life and beginning a new one. Not necessarily the way he wanted too.

Kris sat on the grass in a circle formed from his elders and his father right next to him. Others stood, surrounding them. He could see Kyungsoo standing a few feet away in front of him. He smiled reassuringly, but it did little to help him silence his doubts. After their talk yesterday, he had even bigger mess in his thoughts than before. He didn’t even think it was possible until his best friend/love answered him that he does indeed feel the same way, but because of reasons unknown he’d like to stay friends for the time being. He didn’t want to explain anything and that made Kris feel even more overwhelmed and confused. But he didn’t complain. He was there, he came for the “ceremony” and that means he didn’t leave him alone, not completely at least.

Kyungsoo knows Kris, he knows him way better then he even knows himself. Which is why this is the situation they ended up with. He does care for his best friend in more ways than a regular friend should and that kiss made him realize that, but they are young and know nothing of life yet. Being mates in age of 18 or 15 for that matter isn’t a good idea, Kyungsoo  thinks. Kris needs to learn how to make his own decisions now and Kyungsoo knows that hiding behind him as an excuse for not being an alpha is just another sign for them to slow down and look at things objectively. That is why he decided to be there for his soon to be alpha, but he isn’t going to help him find his way. This is the time for them to find themselves. Kyungsoo hopes Kris can wait a little bit, but him sitting there beside his father seems to be a good sign. But he’s lost and all Kyungsoo wants to do is go there and hug him, but he must stay where he is to stay true to what his decision.

The moon peaked from behind the clouds on a dark sky and the pack’s eyes glowed. The process of becoming an alpha wasn’t really complicated. All it required was for the pack to bow along with the former alpha to the new one as a sign of respect and acknowledgment. When all this is happening, Kris’ father looks up at him as his eyes turn red for a brief second before going back to deep brown. Kyungsoo looks up also, although he knows he shouldn’t, and is met with Kris’ now bright red gaze that has something in it that makes his kneeling self shiver. He looks back down, agitated and everyone is allowed to hear the deep growl of a new chosen alpha. His hands are sweating and shaking a little as he stands up with everyone to start celebrating. He observes as people talk to Kris. He’s not sure but something is different about him. There is no doubt and fear in his eyes anymore, relief took it’s place. He smiled to himself and turned around to talk to someone that squeezed his arm.

 

During those four years things have changed. The structure inside the pack was changed. Kris decided that he needed more fresh and young blood to take care of his people and keep them fed. And so 9 wolves were picked. They were divided as hunters(Baekhyun, Sehun, Chen) , fighters(Chanyeol, Kai, Tao), a healer(not exactly but he had his ways with herbs)(Lay), trackers(Luhan, Xiumin) and so on. Kyungsoo ended up with nursing the pups. But he didn’t mind, he didn’t like fighting anyway. There was also one exception, Suho. Kris thought him to be the second alpha of this pack and nobody ever went against it because they made it work. All 11 boys were called Exo.

But a change that is the most vivid for Kyungsoo is that somewhere along the way he lost contact with his best friend. He was always busy, he always had something to do and Kyungsoo understood that. They are still talking, in fact Kris acts like he always did but for Kyungsoo  it isn’t the same as before. He finds himself being the one that needs the other more. Kris can’t possibly know how jealous he gets when he sees him with his now friends, getting back from a night hunting trip, laughing and joking, full of shared memories he has no access to. But Kris has found himself just as Kyungsoo told him to and he can’t blame him for that. So he pickes up a two year old toddler from the grass with an intention of finding his parents and gives Kris’ group a cold and pissed off gaze that he can’t really control, heading for the back door.

 

                                                                                                                       ***

 

Kris laughs at Tao’s story about how he hunted the deer down. Looking at one of their maknaes getting excited is always a fun thing to watch. But there is something a little off. He feels like he’s being observed so he looks around to find the source of the strange feeling. He gets to see the last seconds of Kyungsoo’s gaze and a shiver goes down his spine. What’s this? What is happening? He knows that look. It’s what he used to see when he was about to get hit during a fight with his best friend. Why is Kyungsoo angry? And why does it look like he’s mad at him? Did he do anything?

He stops and thinks intensively. He’s not mistaken, he knows the small wolf long enough. When Kyungsoo is angry there is always a reason. So Kris tries to figure out what exactly did he do wrong to make the man upset. But he can’t exactly think of anything right now and it drives him crazy.

- Hey, Kris, what are you doin? Aaaand why do you look like you’ve just seen a ghost? – Chen asks waving his small hand in front of Kris’ face.

- I just saw the end of me. I need to talk to Kyungsoo…

- Kyungsoo? What does he have to do with anything? – Luhan says.

- Everything. – Kris responds and heads towards the front door.

- Ok that was weird. I mean he is weird but that was really something… - Baekhyun comments watching their alpha’s back.

- I suggest we forget about it and pretend it didn’t happen – Chanyoel adds. The two of them look at each other at the same time and Baekhyun grins mischievously.

- The first one at the door gets the remote control!!

 

                                                                                                                           ***

 

                Kris storms through the entrance, scanning the rooms in search for Kyungsoo. He’s nowhere to be seen, the house is filled with his pack mates. He finally finds him in the kitchen, baking cookies with one of the pups. His best friend’s cheek and nose is covered in flour making him look oh so adorable. Kris drifts of for a moment, forgetting his fear. He was never good with kids, but Kyungsoo has always had this feel about him, that you can trust him, plus he knows how to take care of people, that’s his special talent. Looking at the two of them laughing together makes something in Kris’ heart melt. He chuckles quietly but obviously not quiet enough because Kyungsoo shots him a death glare and Kris is back at square one.

- What do you want? – is the first thing he hears, said in a harsh tone. Yep, he’s angry.

- Why are you angry at me?

- What? – Kyungsoo turns around surprised, his big eyes going even wider.

- You’re angry at me.

- No, I’m not.

- Yes, you are.

- No, Kris I am not!

- Soo! – The unexpected yell makes the smaller male jump in his place and the kid freeze. This is not what he intended. He didn’t mean for it to be that loud. Losing control over his temper has ever only happened around Kyungsoo. Wonder why. – Ah, sorry, really I didn’t…

- Hey, why don’t you go to your mom for now, hm? Let’s finish making the cookies later, ok? I’ll come get you. – the little boy nods slowly and runs quickly past Kris, gladly making an exit of the kitchen. – Congratulations you scared the kid. Are you satisfied? – Kris is met with a cold look of his friend.

- No, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to but you didn’t answer my question.

- What question? I am not angry, stop imagining things!

- Yes, you are, you think I don’t know you? Because I do. I want to remind you that I know you all my life, Soo. What is it? – Kris asks with concern in his voice.

- Don’t you feel it?

- Feel what?

- That we’re a little off… - Kyungsoo’s words are filled with embarrassment. He looks straight at his feet, so Kris can’t see his face clearly but he can swear he saw him blush for a second.

- Off? No, I don’t think we’re off. Why would you even…

- Because you’re always with the Exo guys! I understand that, I do, but it just annoys me as hell when I see you laughing with them while I’m not a part of that! You’re just not around as much as you were before…

Kris wants to say something but the words just won’t come out. Because it’s true actually. But that’s not the thing that made him speechless. Always in the history of their friendship, he was the one that whined all the time about not getting enough attention, he was the one to come to their meetings first, but now he has Kyungsoo yelling and nearly crying in front of him because he’s jealous. Of him, THE Kyungsoo, his Kyungsoo got jealous. In Kris’ mind there is no better thing now in the world than this piece of information and he knows he shouldn’t be grinning like an idiot but he does. Because he didn’t forget. He didn’t forget what they agreed to and right now, his hope that maybe, just maybe this is the moment he gets to be the happiest man alive on this earth.

The alpha looks at the small figure of the boy he fell in love with and smiles lovingly.

- I did what you asked me to, you know? – he starts – I found myself, I’m not a scared little teenager anymore. And you’re right, I haven’t been spending that much time with you. But the thing is I wanted to let you have your space. After that full moon I became an alpha I realized how cornered you must’ve felt. But I never imagined you’d actually get jealous. – he adds with a big grin on his face.

Kyungsoo looks up, a mix of feelings vivid in his eyes. Surprise, embarrassment and many other things, but above that - hesitation. He looks at Kris, biting his lower lip, thinking. To be honest, he knew why he was in such a bad mood for some time now. He misses this giant ball of hot temper. When he said they should stay friends for a while, he didn’t think it would be THIS long. Plus he didn’t think he’ll have a competition for example in that monkey like wu-shu kid. He was all over Kris every time they were together and Kyungsoo didn’t like it. He didn’t like it so much that the maknae was under constant fire of comments, orders and what not.

- Yeah I’m jealous, so what? Don’t I have the right to? – the smaller male says provocatively, coming close enough to smell the forest on Kris.

- I didn’t say you don’t. So, um… maybe we’ll take you to the next hunt since… - The taller one started, clearing his throat, trying to hide his blush but got interrupted.

- Oh my god just shut up and kiss me! Why do you think I’m standing so close for? You really can’t read the mmmm…

After this long he got to taste those lips a second time. And they didn’t disappoint him. They were the same, warm, soft and more importantly, only for him. Honey like laughter filled the kitchen, full of happiness and relieve. They stood there leaned against each other a while before looking at each other with smiles.

- So this is what this thing was about. You two should’ve banged long ago then. Do you have any idea how mean he was to me, Kris? He’s satan. – Tao said from the doorstep.

- I am going to kill this kid someday….

- No, you’re not.

- Yea, I am, let go of my hand!

- See?! I told you he’s a satan!

- Tao, scram!

- But…  […]

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part II is here :) I wanted it to be something better tho, it's crap, idk why. Meh...