o4. the boys

Black Pearl and the Seven Wild Men ( restarting )
song of the chapter:  the boys
▬▬▬▬▬
Her eyes slowly blinked open. The light from the sun’s rays greeted her as she slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes. It was the start of a new day.
 
Humming along to the tune of Super Junior’s ‘Marry U’, she folded up her sheets and then stretched before slipping into her pink slippers.
 
“KWON YURI ARE YOU UP YET?” From three rooms across, her mother hollered her daily wake up call which caused Yuri to glare at the closed door. As if on cue, her mother added, “YAH! KWON YURI YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL I WAKE YOU UP EVERY MORNING!”
 
Rolling her eyes, Yuri replied in a feigned sweet voice, “Of course mother, I am very thankful.”
 
She then proceeded with her grooming routine. Once done, she walked towards her closet and grabbed her already planned outfit and changed into it. Although she had forgiven Nichkhun, she couldn’t get over the feeling she felt when he saw her with the pretty Victoria girl. There was an uneasy feeling and she couldn’t figure out what it was. But there was one thing Yuri knew; the Victoria girl made her feel ugly. Yuri knew she wasn’t ugly, but she had to admit, with wide eyes and a cute smile, Victoria seemed to more of an ideal type more than she would ever be. Growing up with boys, Yuri had never been the most feminine girl around the block. She recalled one incident when she was eight and the seven boys got her involved in a mud bath, resulting in dirt splattered clothes and face. Needless to say, the adults were unimpressed by Yuri’s actions.
 
So, today Yuri decided to break the image, even if it was just for a day. If she got good results, who knew? Maybe this would become her permanent style! After all, being a university girl, romance was on her dream list. So after upping up her old look with an off shoulder top and denim shorts, Yuri accessorized her look with a black fedora and makeup enhancing her eyes and pink lips. One thing that a girl wanted to be seen as was kissable and with the lip gloss she layered on, it looked very kissable. Instead of keeping her hair straight inside of her fedora, she tied it up into a simple, high ponytail so it wouldn’t look weird inside of her hat and when she did take her hat off, it would look mod.
 
Once satisfied with her look, Yuri walked down the stairs and earned a surprised look from her father and a very happy one from her mother.
 
“What’s the occasion dumpling?” Mr. Kwon asked as she stared at his daughter’s made up face. Yuri merely responded with a small smile.
 
“I just felt like dressing up today.”
 
“Well,” Mrs. Kwon spoke up, “I am very thrilled to see that you decided to be a girl again. Now I can finally introduce you to some boys! Do you remember the Dong family? Their son, Young Bae is still girlfriend-less and-”
 
“Isn’t Young Bae oppa Ji Yong oppa’s best friend?” Yuri’s face scrunched up at the idea of her dating her brother’s best friend. That would be one word: awkward. Although, she had to admit, Young Bae was definitely a very appealing piece of eye candy. She wondered why he still hasn’t had a girlfriend yet. With looks like him, he was bound to be the carrier of a fleet of girls’ hearts.
 
“Even better! Since we know how he’s-”
 
“Um, no umma.” Yuri shook her head, breaking her mother’s hope about BaeYul. There was no way she would date Young Bae, “I’m going now.”
 
“When will you get a boyfriend?” Yuri heard her mother ask. Rolling her eyes, she walked out the door and shut it firmly behind her.
 
“Aigoo umma, stop being so desperate,” Yuri mumbled to herself, “it’s not like I’ll never marry. In fact I’ll be-” Since she was so deep in her thoughts, she failed to see the boy ahead of her and crashed into his back, causing him to fall, with her on top of him.
 
“OMO! I AM SO SORRY!” She exclaimed as she got up and helped him up.
 
“It’s okay miss.” He said with a small smile, causing Yuri’s heart to skip a beat. He was so handsome!  
 
“A-Are you sure you’re okay?” Yuri asked with tinted cheeks as she examined him head to toe. He had a good build; it looked like he worked out and he had and admirable height.
 
“Yeah,” he said with a wink sending butterflies down to Yuri’s stomach, “it’s my pleasure to have such a pretty girl falling on me.”
 
It was final; Yuri was dressing up more often.
 
“It’s my pleasure to fall on such a handsome boy.” Yuri shot back with fluttering eyes. The boy smugly smiled back at her and his cocky attitude allured her in more.
 
“I’m Choi Minho.” He said.
 
Yuri cocked an eyebrow up, “I’m Yuri, Kwon Yuri.”
 
“K-Kwon Yuri?” Minho repeated, his face broken in a surprised one, “You’re the infamous Black Pearl aren’t you?”
 
Although Yuri knew, she asked anyways, “How do you know?”   
 
“Good morning sunbae,” Minho bowed a perfect ninety degree bow, “I’m a first year at SYP University.”
 
“Oh.” Yuri’s smile suddenly vanished. The boy was younger than her! If only she was born a few years later; he was perfect boyfriend material.
 
“Yuri noona,” Minho said with a dazzling smile, “can I call you that?”
 
“Yeah,” Yuri nodded, although she really wished it could be the other way around. She wanted to call him “oppa”!
 
“Noona is really pretty,” Minho commented when the two decided to walk the rest of the way to school together.
 
“Ah,” Yuri shyly scratched her head, “thank you.”
 
“You look just like my ideal type.” Minho announced, causing Yuri to choke on her saliva. It was embarrassing when Minho started to pat her on the back.
 
“E-Excuse me,” Yuri stammered, her face turning red.
 
“Noona is cute.”
 
“Cute?” Yuri repeated, dumbfounded.
 
“I find noonas cute,” Minho admitted with a proud smile on his face, “I’ll tell you a secret noona-”
 
Yuri unconsciously held her breath as Minho leaned towards her ear, “I have a thing for noonas, especially pretty ones like you.”
 
“W-Wha-” But before Yuri could ask what Minho was doing, he had already straightened himself back up and pointed at the inner part of the campus.
 
“I have to get to class now noona,” he said as he slowly backed away, “but I’m sure we’ll meet again.”
 
“W-Wait!” Yuri called, but she was too late. Minho was already running towards his class; he must be really late. With a small smile, she her right ear and stared at the direction where Minho took off in. She didn’t really favor noona-dongsaeng relationships but with a guy like Minho, who knew.
 
“Yah! Kwon Yuri, who was that?” All happy thoughts were broken by the voice of Taecyeon.
 
“He-”
 
“Was he trying to kiss you? And-And why are you dressed like that?” Taecyeon demanded as he twirled Yuri to face him. His eyes lowered on to hers and Yuri gulped. She had a lot of explaining to do.
 
▬▬▬▬▬
Nichkhun’s eyes widened as an unexpected arm that came from no where pulled him into the depths of the school.
 
“Y-Yah-” However, he stopped midway when he noticed it was no other than Jang Wooyoung tugging at his sleeve. With an eyebrow cocked up, he glared at his friend, “Care to explain Woo?”
 
“I don’t know the whole story,” Wooyoung said in broken words, “but Junho called three minutes ago saying that Yuri was being cooked and fried by Taecyeon. Nothing they said could lower his oil down. It’s all up to you peacemaker.”
 
“Why are Taecyeon and Yuri fighting?” Nichkhun asked and Wooyoung shrugged.
 
“I have no idea,” they stopped at the sight of the four other boys who were standing in a perfect semi-circle, watching Taecyeon yell at Yuri, “that’s for you to find out highness.” And with a push, Nichkhun was sent sailing into the middle of the bickering two.
 
“Oppa! Thank goodness you’re here! Can you please tell that beast over there that he is acting very rash and unreasonable?” Yuri clung onto Nichkhun’s arm.
 
“W-Wait princess, I need to know the whole story first-Why are you dressed like that? Do you have a presentation or something?”
 
Nichkhun’s statement snapped Yuri’s temper bar in half. With a finger jabbed into the prince’s chest, she glowered at him, “What? Can I not dress like a pretty girl too? Am I not a girl? Oh, I see; you all see me as one of you, a boy. Fine, forget it, I’m sick of being treated like a boy!”
 
“Hey, not so fast missy,” Taecyeon stopped Yuri from storming off, “you still haven’t explained yourself to me.”
 
“How many times do I have to repeat myself Ok Taecyeon?” Yuri flung Taecyeon’s hand off of her and shot a dirty look at him, “His name is Choi Minho, a nice dongsaeng that I met who is opposite of all seven of you! Now, LEAVE ME ALONE!”
 
At the final note, Yuri walked off, her fists clenched.
 
“Whoa,” Junho whistled as he watched Yuri’s figure grow smaller and smaller, “did Nichkhun just make it worse?”
 
“Yah, Nichkhun Horvejkul,” Wooyoung said through clenched teeth, “you were supposed to help.”
 
“Didn’t I try?” Nichkhun asked in an exasperated tone.
 
“Yeah, well it backfired.” Chansung muttered.
 
“Who the hell told Nichkhun to come here?” Taecyeon demanded, shooting suspicious glances at all the boys, “Yuri and I were talking things out just fine.”
 
“Oh spare me,” Junsu rolled his eyes, “you looked like you were ready to kill her and whoever the other boy was.”
 
“Aren’t you the least bit worried?” Taecyeon shouted, “She comes here all dressed up with some stranger who tries to kiss her! She’s obviously stuck in some mess and we have to help!”
 
“SHUT UP, ALL OF YOU!” Jaebeom yelled before another person could say another word. Instantly, all the mouths were shut and Jaebeom let out a tired sigh.
 
“Screaming at each other is not going to clean up this mess,” Jaebeom said bitterly, “it’s only going to make it worse. Look, Yuri’s mad so give her some space. And Taecyeon-ah, she’s allowed to have a personal life away from us. You have to respect her.”
 
“So are you saying this is my fault?” Taecyeon asked angrily.
 
“Obviously,” Chansung rolled his eyes and Taecyeon shot a knowing look at him.
 
“It’s no one’s fault,” Jaebeom answered, “and now that Yuri’s mad, let’s let her be. Meanwhile, we should all forget about this.”
 
“Fine.” Junsu said before walking off from the group.
 
“See you,” Wooyoung said in a doubtful voice as he too left.
 
“Like I have time to worry about this.” Chansung scoffed and pulled at Junho to follow him, “Let’s go.”
 
“Bye!” Junho said in a feigned cheerful voice, an attempt to make things better.
 
“Are you two going to let it go?” Jaebeom warily asked as he glanced at Nichkhun to Taecyeon. With the rest of the group dispersed, the two’s heated anger at each other was shown on their faces.
 
“Why are you glaring at me for?” Taecyeon asked.
 
“Why are you glaring at me?”
 
“I am not.”
 
“Yes you are.”
 
“I’m-”
 
“Spare me the children fight,” Jaebeom pushed the two away from each other, “let’s all just go to class.”
 
▬▬▬▬▬
Yuri glared at the blank piece of paper. Because of Taecyeon and Nichkhun, her entire mood and inspiration for drawing was gone. Her mind was only clouded with thoughts of their fight. It had been so long since they argued like this and this argument made no sense to her. Why would Taecyeon care if Minho kissed her? And why would everyone critique that she was overly dressed up?
 
“Yuri-ah.” Yuri blinked rapidly at the hand in front of her.
 
“Yeah Yoona?”
 
“Are you okay? You seem so lost and you haven’t drawn anything at all.”
 
“Oh, yeah, I’m sorry.” Yuri mumbled as she picked up her pencil and started on a sketch of a female.
 
“Don’t try to force yourself into drawing,” Sooyoung glanced at Yuri who was struggling to even come up with the shape of the person, “you’ll just stress yourself over nothing.”
 
“It’ll be a waste of time and energy,” Jessica noted from the other end of the table.
 
“Something is bothering you isn’t it?” Yoona asked, gently nudging Yuri, “If you don’t mind, you can tell us; we can help you.”
 
“Does it involve boys?” Sooyoung’s eyes twinkled with curiosity.
 
“A bit,” Yuri mumbled, leaning back in her chair, “what’s wrong with my clothes?”
 
The three girls inspected every inch of Yuri’s perfectly styled clothes.
 
“Nothing.” Yoona said a minute later.
 
“You looks prettier than usual.” Sooyoung pointed out.
 
“ier too,” Jessica bluntly said aloud, “a girl that guys would do a double take on, totally different from your other casual style.”
 
“Am I that different?” Yuri wrinkled her nose and her friends replied with a sheepish smile.
 
“I’d be lying if I said no,” Sooyoung admitted finally, “normally you look like a sporty girl with oversized clothes and such. I’ve always wondered why you dressed so manly when you design such perfect feminine clothes.”
 
“When I first saw you,” Jessica coolly said, “I thought you were a slob.”
 
“Jessica!” Yoona said, shooting her a shocked look.
 
“Hey,” Jessica raised her hands up in surrender, “you asked and I replied honestly. Since we’re all friends now, it makes sense to be honest right?”
 
“Yeah but-”
 
“It’s fine Yoona,” Yuri said, somewhat sulking now.
 
“So, does your dilemma involve your outfit?” Sooyoung propped an elbow on top of the desk.
 
“In a way.” Yuri said before breaking into the complete story of Minho and the boys. When she was done, Sooyoung was clasping her hands together and Jessica was shaking her head. Yoona was shooting Yuri understanding and pitiful looks.
 
“What?” Yuri asked, irritated that no one was talking after her confession.
 
“It’s nothing,” Sooyoung said with a smirk.
 
“Nothing?” Jessica scoffed, “It’s heaven what you’re going through. I must say Yuri, your friends are hot.”
 
“I still don’t get it.” Yuri pouted.
 
“Yuri-ah,” Yoona placed a hand on top of Yuri, “I get what you’re going through.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Siwon oppa acts the same every time he’s jealous of another boy and me.”
 
“J-JEALOUS?!”
 
“Obviously,” Jessica rolled her eyes and then leaned forward, “your two friends appear to have a secret crush on you.”
 
"Nichkhun-ssi may not be jealous but-" Yoona paused for emphasis, "he's so attentive to you, like how Siwon oppa is to me."
 
“So Yuri,” Sooyoung smugly looked at Yuri, “which one are you going to take? I don’t mind having the leftover.”

I am super sorry for the super late chapter. I've been on a writer's block and with school starting up, I've been super busy. Forgive me? I hope this chapter wasn't too disappointing! School just started again so I'm now busy again but I still do my best to update asap!
So, how was this chapter? Am I moving too fast?
Listening to: Going Crazy (Teen Top)
Obssessed With: Teen Top (Chunji | L.Joe | Niel)