Chapter One

Late Autumn's Sakura

DATE/DAY: 03.01.2013/THURSDAY

TIME: 1030HOURS

PLACE: Shim’s Design Corporation.

“Okay, I’ll inform the Director. Thank you,” the lady hangs the phone as she received what she has to. A few specific files were put away from the chaos of her table, carefully protecting them as it may be so important. The other files on her table were in chaos showing how busy she was with her work. Being an office’s clerk has already too busy for her that she have to act as the Director’s personal assistant for the meantime.

While busy clearing up her table, a man come out of a room which is a few tables from her. Tall and firm as physically—looking smart wearing a black suit on the outside with a white shirt on the inside. A warm smile was paste on his face while passing by his employees whose remarking his present around there.

“Good morning, chongjang-nim,” she greeted him with a smile while bowing 45 degree showing her respect to him as he approached her. “So, when’s my next—ummm, appointment? Or meeting? Or whatever it is that needs me to be here?”the man asked—half joking, half serious.

“Well—“ the lady grabbed her plan book, which is actually her Director’s plan book and read out everything that are jotted down on that present date. “...you got meeting with SM Entertainment, about you borrowing their idol group for the next fashion show at 2. At 5, you got a ‘date’ with Director Cho at Gangnam Golf Club, anddd—,” she explained thoroughly, making sure she didn’t miss any appointment or else—she may ended up like how the previous PA of his’ was fired—a few weeks ago.

‘DON’T YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THAT MEETING IS FOR ME??! I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MEETING FOR 6 MONTHS THAT WORTH ALMOST 5 MILLION DOLLAR—AND YOU SLIPPED THAT OUT OF MY APPOINTMENT THAT’S EASY? DON’T  YOU KNOW HOW LONG I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS?! DO YOU?!!’

‘But, chongjang-nim, you’re also at fault. Why don’t you remember yourself that important date? You don’t have to depend on me about everything. Besides—‘ the girl replied, standing her words to protect herself, but she wasn’t able to finish her words as he cut it out.

‘You dare to go against me? Instead of saying sorry, you’re trying to put the blame on me? How dare you??Get out! You are—FIRED! I don’t want to see your face anymore! GET OUT!’

‘Chongjang-nim, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to oppose you. I was just trying to—‘

‘GET OUT!!’

“Anddd—Hellooo—anything else??” the man voiced. The lady looked at him startled—as if she was snarled by a ghost. “Ohh—there is, chongjang-nim,” she answered—while regaining back her lost spirit just now.

“What is it?” the man asked as he rest down his left arm on the counter, while waiting for the news.

“Just now, a staff from Human Resources Department had called and told me that the interview of the applicants that apply the Designer post has been set to this Saturday. As you instructed, they have chosen about 7 peoples out of 150 peoples who have a high potential of being a great designer for our company. The interview will start at 10AM and maybe will end at 2PM roughly. They have given me the resume of the applicants and you can take a look at it if you want to,”

“Nah—no need. Besides, I’m chasing my time now. It’s late already. Okay—,”

“Okay, chongjang-nim,”

The man begins to initiate his steps to leave the counter when he suddenly thought of something despite of him being late. “Jessica-sshi?” he called her.

“Yes, chongjang-nim?”

“Can I take a look at those resumes?” he suddenly asked.

“Yeah, chongjang-nim. Here,” Jessica said as she hurriedly grabbed over the files which she secures firmly away from the tables and put it on the counter orderly.

“Well—,” he said as he randomly move his index finger from one another to another without any thought of opening it—with his eyes shut from looking at what he is doing as if he was picking out random lucky draw.

“Why is it, chongjang-nim?”

“Nothing—“ he said as he continue doing the same and finally stop on a file which is placed at the middle of the order. He opened his eyes—stares at the file—grabbed it—and hand it over to Jessica.

“Take this,” he dictated her.

“Chongjang-nim, wae? Are you choosing our new designer already? And, that is without you interviewing her?” Jessica blurted out with a puzzled mind, while receiving the file.

“Nope— Make her as my personal assistant,” he answered, answering Jessica’s thought—with a random smile paste on his lips.

“What? But— Chongjang-nim—“even before she could finishes her line, he snapped— “Just do it. Okay? Do you want to be my personal assistant and at the same as the clerk of this office—forever?” he asked, mentally stress her. Jessica shook her head hardly—refusing her Director’s evil offer.

“Good. I’ll get going now. Annyeong—,”

“Annyeong—chongjang-nim—“

Jessica holds the file that is in her hand with a guilty face. She stares at it pathetically as she let go a sigh weigh about hundred kilograms burden.

“JJinjja—mianhe....“she said apologetically as she open the file and read out the name. “....Choi Sooyoung-sshi. I’m sorry. It looks like that your dream of becoming a designer won’t be a dream anymore. Jjinja—mianhabnida,”

 

 

 

DATE/DAY: 03.01.2013/THURSDAY

TIME: 1157HOURS

PLACE: Random coffee shop infront of a park.

The soft breeze that blowing were getting him away from tension. Eventhough the sun were so hot by that day—sitting there under the table’s umbrella outside the coffee shop while looking to the park relaxes him a lot. Still, this is his ‘favourite place’.

 “WHAT DO YOU WANT?!” a girl suddenly asked—unfriendly, whilst smashing down the cup of the drinks onto the table infront of that man. The man said nothing as he took up the cup, and sipped the drinks out into his mouth. From her observation, she knew that the man was looking away to the park from behind his dark glasses. Remembering their old times, maybe.

‘Shushhhh... Choi Sooyoung! What are you thinking about? Don’t cling over him anymore. He’s useless!’

“Hot mocha mix with cappuccino— You did still remembered my favourite, Choi Sooyoung. I guess you’re still can’t get over me. Aren’t you?” he teased—breaking Sooyoung’s imagination. Hearing his teases that full of arrogance, she knew that her fantasy of him still liking her has crushed.

“Go to he-- with your ‘CAN”T GET OVER YOU’! I’m asking, what are you doing here? ANSWER ME?!” she shouted denying and questioned at the same time, whereas only he and she could hear it. He chuckled sarcastically.

“Nothing—I felt like coming here today. This is my favourite place though. Besides— can’t I came here visiting my girlfriend and see how she’s doing right now? Can’t I?”

“NO, YOU CAN’T! After that day, this place isn’t your favourite anymore! And, excuse me, Sir! It’s ‘EX’ for your amendment! EX-GIRLFRIEND! Not, GIRLFRIEND!”

“I don’t know that there was a day as ‘AFTER THAT DAY’. When was it actually? I am totally serious forget about it,”

“You’re still has the guts to annoy me, don’t you?”

“Well—that was my specialty, though. A given. Don’t you think so?”

Sooyoung giggles—in annoyance.

“ Didn’t I tell you to never come and see me here? I’d promised you that I’ll pay back your money once I have it. Why can’t you be patient over this little thing?! You’re grown up, MAN!”

“Choi—Soo—Young—I don’t think you’ll collect my money with you— working as—this.” He said as he gestured to all of Sooyoung who wore an apron that clearly reflects her job in the coffee shop as a waitress—for the meantime.

“You know nothing. This is not my permanent job—this is only for temporary,”

“Temporary? I don’t know how you describe your temporary is, Choi Sooyoung. I think it’s been about 6 months since you first start this ‘TEMPORARY JOB’ as you said. Let me guess something. You have collected only about 5000 won out of my 5,000 000 won of my debts for now, right? Isn’t it?”

“Shut up your mouth, JUNG YUNHO,”

“It’s my mouth. I can say anything I want. If you want to shut a mouth—SHUT YOURS.”

“WHAT THE—??”Sooyoung said, almost cursing.

“Well—I got to go now....” he got up from his current place—tidying up his suit and faced her.”....Hasta La Vista, Choi Sooyoung. And—this mocha plus—whatever it is, taste bad. You shouldn’t make this kind of coffee anymore, or else, you’ll chase all of you customers out. Like—me...” he said—baiting Sooyoung’s anger.

Without any feelings of guilty, Yunho relaxingly walks off from his current place while whistling to a song. Sooyoung was left in anger. No words came out of . She lands her eyes on the cup. Devil’s thought has started a sudden club in her mind.

‘You asked for this, Jung Yunho,’

Sooyoung grabs the cup that is still filled with a full leftover coffee—and walks to where Yunho’s heading—to his car. Her eyes was targeting his wide back that she loves a lot—before! She was waiting for the right time.

‘Let’s taste it with your body of how bad this coffee is, Jung Yunho,’ she thought as she without hesitation thrown the cup over Yunho’s back as it produced a big bang that spattering to all over the places, especially on him. He was shocked that he turned his body 360 degree around in a second.

“YAHHHH, CHOI SOOYOUNG!” Yunho shouted, remarking the girl’s name. All citizens’ eyes were darted onto him. His face was red as if he was spilled over by newly-hot-boiling water.

“For your information, I just now—had showed you the correct way of how to drink MOCHA MIX WITH CAPPUCINO. Next time, drink it that way....” she expressed, leaving the man in ‘amusement’. “....Well—I got to go now. Hasta La Vista, Jung Yunho. And make sure you throw that suit away—‘cause you look especially ugly in that,” she mimicked, making the man’s heart at resentment. Before he could say anything else, Sooyoung had first left him alone with his anger.

“JUST YOU WAIT, CHOI SOOYOUNG!” he warned.

 

He was walking leisurely when suddenly he could feel his back was hit with something that feels like fluid and it smells—COFFEE!

“What the h--- is that,” he cursed as he turned around. When he turned around, he could see a girl was standing not far from him with her fist on her waist, and was staring on a man’s face like she was going to make a hole on it. Then, he realised that the thrown was not for him, but was for someone else who was coincidentally walked besides him. The man shouted her name and the girl smile sarcastically. Eventhough the thrown wasn’t for him, but, yet! He was angry. Lots of angry were count for her ornery towards him. Even if she’s going to throw some coffee to someone, she should’ve done it when there are no peoples around. Not when peoples—or ME was walking by that someone’s side!

“For your information, I just now—had showed you the correct way of how to drink MOCHA MIX WITH CAPPUCINO. Next time, drink it that way. Well—I got to go now. Hasta La Vista, Jung Yunho. And make sure you throw that suit away—‘because you look especially ugly in that,” he heard she said that before she left.

He chuckled.

“Is she stupid or what?” he murmured—in frustration, while try to take a look at the stain. He was enraged as he noticed his back was in unreasonable state with the stain covering almost of his back.

“This girl really is stupid. Is she throwing it at ME OR HIM??!” He squealed as he tries to beheld his eyes on her who already disappear from his viewpoint.

The man widens his vantage pace, and he could see the girl was walking a few away from him—to somewhere. Without hesitation, he follows her step. As he reaches her, he grabs her wrist and makes her faced him without her authority of permission in doing that.

“WHAT ELSE?!” Thought it was Yunho, she shouted questioning his action.

He said nothing, but still his hands is not letting go of Sooyoung’s wrist. His eyes were filled with anger and it was glanced directly into the deepest of her eyes.

“Let go of my hand. Now—who are you, seonsaeng-nim? Did I know you?”

“You may not know me. But, did this rings bell to you, aggashi?” he said as he show off the stained left by the coffee on his suit—located at the back of his left shoulder.

“What’s that?”

“What??—Dude, IT WAS YOUR COFFEE THAT YOU THROW JUST NOW! Still, don’t recognizes it?”

“But, I wasn’t throwing it at you—“

“Dude, I know that clear crystal. But, since you’re throwing it in the public—while I’m also walking there, it also means that you’re throwing it TO ME!”

“So, what do you want me to do? Clean it off for you?”

“You said it yourself...” the man told her as remove his suit, and throw it to Sooyoung—directly on her face. “...take that! I want it to be clean by tomorrow morning,”

“What?!” she shouted, cannot believe of what he just said—and did! “Are you crazy?!”

“You said it yourself that you’ll clean that off—and you call me CRAZY when I did that?!”

“Sir, please. I’m not in the good mood to talk to you right now,”

“DO YOU THINK I HAVE THE MOOD AFTER WHAT YOU SAID?! After you say that I’M CRAZY?! Can’t you even apologised of what you have done, even if you have no intention of doing that?!”

“Okay—Fine! I’m sorry that I do that even it wasn’t for you! SATISFIED?!”

The man chuckled hearing her apologies without any sincerity in it. “Do you think I’ll accept that with you saying it with no sincerity? Did you were born with this STUPIDITY, aggashi?!”

“What? Did you just call me STUPID?!”

“Yes, I did! SO WHAT?!” he provoked.

“Excuse me, Sir. You’re calling me with the word that I hate the most AND NEVER EVER think that I’ll say sorry to you again. And the one that I did just now, I TAKE IT BACK! TAKE THIS BACK!” she said as she throws the suit back to him. “HMPHH!!” she continued and turned her back to revert back to the coffee shop.

“HOW DARE YOU?!” he shouted. “SO CALLING ME CRAZY IS OKAY FOR YOU?! HUH?!!” He continued. But, she won’t look back.

“HEY, BABO YAHH!” he shouted again while trying to regulate his resentment to positive.

Sooyoung turned her back as she heard that and look at him without complacency. Though she was going to come to him back saying she was sorry, he smiles celebrating his unofficial wins. Instead of, something else happened.

“KUREIJI!! (CRAZY!). ANATA WA KANZEN NI KURUTTE IRU!!—SOE MATA MANIAKKUJAKU!! (YOU ARE A TOTALLY CRAZY—AND ALSO A MANIAC JERK!)” she shouted the line in her fluent Japanese, thought of he did not understand of what she had said.

“Wh—Wh—WHAT??!” he stuttered hearing her line in disbelievement—‘cause he could understand it clearly.

‘She only works as waitress but yet she called me crazy and jerks at the same time. And that is in FLUENT JAPANESE! I’ll make sure you pay back your words, babo gat-eun yeoja! I’ll make sure you did!’