WTF?!?!

People these Days

I'm walking down the alleys back home with my white plastic bag swinging around, twisting and untwisting the handles. It  was pretty cold even for December, but I don't mind. It just means that I get to eat hot seafood stew for dinner. My mouth waters at the thought of hot broth and juicy prawn. 

I lower my eyelids as I take a deep breath admiring the crisp air. My nose is red and running and my eyes water from the wind. "It's a bit chilly out here," I say to myself in a terrible British accent. As soon as I turn the corner, I see a boy on his skateboard rolling down the hill. I catch my breath as I subconsciously brace myself for the fall. The next thing I know, I'm laying on the sidewalk with my groceries thrown everywhere and wildly staring into the boy's eyes. He quickly jumps off me and brushes the dirt from his cloths, which look pretty expensive. I, on the other hand, struggle to focus my eyes as my head pounds rapidly against my skull. 

It didn't take long, though, to realize that the boy had already helped me up and was bowing deeply(like past ninety degrees) in apology. I wave my hand and hold my forehead with the other, telling him to stop. 

"I'm so so so so sorry," he begs, "I didn't see you turning the corner!"

I think to myself Does he not realize that I'm in pain? Where's all my food? Oh God, it's all on the floor! What the hell am I suppose to do? Mom's gonna kill me!

I look all around trying to salvage the fallen vegetables. The seafood was ruined, I wouldn't waste my energy washing them again. I huff and sigh in disappointment and finally, after several minutes of exaggerated expressing of emotions, he turns to look at me. 

"All your food!" he exclaims

"I know," I retort.

"H-here," he stutters, and grabs my wrist, "I'll treat you for dinner. Again, I'm so so sorry!"

I stumble behind him and for some strange reason, I start to admire his body. It's so lean yet I anticipate some sort of muscle definition. He is tall and his hair is a shiny brown coffee shade. I'm still in a daze when we reach a  BBQ restaurant. 

"My name is Junhong, by the way, but a lot of people call me Zelo," he says.

"uh," I hesitate. I'm not sure if I trust a good looking punk with my identity because there might be dangerous people out there. Despite that, I decide he isn't a creepy stalker and I continue, "I'm Erin, it's nice to meet you...but not this way...but you seem like a nice person so..." I blabber on trying to fill hte awkward space between us. The weird thing is, he doesn't seem annoyed, but he rests his elbows on the metal table and rest his chin in his hands. He looks at me curiously and just listens. He just listens. 

After a while, I stop my one-sided conversation and look down as I cook the beef. Junhong chuckles and picks up his chopsticks to help grill. This continues for the rest of dinner, no talking just eating and admiring the marble-ness of the meat. 

We walk out of the restaurant, each with our own food babies, but extremely satisfied. Suddenly, our fingers brush and our shoulders touch (when i mean "our shoulders touch," it's more like my shoulder touches his elbow). I turn to the side and quietly smile, only to turn back around to find Junhong smiling back at me. 

I look away and can feel the blood rushing to my cheeks. He walks me home and we stop at the gate. Junhong takes my hands in his and smiles shyly. It's cute. 

"I hope we can eat together again," he says quietly.

"me to," I whisper in response.

We give each other a short hug and just as we pull away, he kisses my cheek. He takes my phone from my hands and adds his number. Handing my phone back to my, he gives out a wide grin and quickly pecks me on the lips. Junhong quickly jogs away and I am left absolutely shocked. 

I walk into my house like I was in a dream, only to be awaken by my mother's screaming. She was pissed. But it was so worth it.

The End.

 

I hope you guys liked my first fanfic. Thought I would start small with a short oneshot. You guys will denfinitely see improvements later on but here it is!!!!