Chapter 2

Caged

We stepped through the door and I made a b-line to th stairs then to my room. As soon as I closed my door behind me and stripped. Nothing made me more sick than the smell of cigar and cigarette smoke that clung to me after we would leave a fight. Dad was still on Yongbin's case about tonight's match. I rolled my eyes.


 After a quick shower, I slipped on the most comfortable pygamas I owned and sat down in front of my computer. Just as I pulled up articles about the fight there was a knock on my door. I couldn't hear dad's voice anymore, he must be talking with mom now, leaving Yongbin to be at my door. 


"Come in." I called quickly scrolling through the article. Yongbin slipped through the door and closed it behind him.


"Find anything good?" He asked leaning on the back of my chair, peering over my head at the article.


"Not really, just a bunch of people glorifying some loser named Yongbin." I replied placing my chin in my palm. He let out a laugh then ruffled my hair before falling back on my bed. "How are you feeling?" I ask swivling around to look at him.

"Ah, nothing a hot bath and some ibuprofen can't handle." He said rotating his shoulder. I silently nod looking at my grey carpet. "You know he only does it to make you work harder." My brother says picking up a tennis ball and tossing it at the wall.

 
"I don't see how being harsh is going to make me work harder. Has he never heard of positive reinforcement?" I say sarcasticly.


"There is no ing way my son is going to fight a new comer." We hear dad yell from down stairs. I look over at Yongbin and we both rush to my door. He beats me to it and cracks it. I sit against my wall and we wait for more yelling. "I don't care how promising you think he is, it ain't happening! You can take the whole concept of him fighting some newbie and shove it up your ." 


The longer the convorsation lasted the more colorful his language got. We attempted to move closer to the stairs but every inch we gained the louder and more menacing his tone became. "Do you not hear the words coming out of my mouth? You hard of hearing? No means no." Why my father stayed on the phone I don't even know. About an hour after we heard the first yells, my father's tone did a one-eighty. "You don't say? It pays that much? Well why didn't you say so? That's a nice sized chunk of change, easy money. Okay, nine days from now, at the venue near MoonBeam's nightclub. We'll be there. Don't let the kid get cold feet in the mean time. Call me if there are any changes." And with that he hung up the phone. I looked over at my brother with wide eyes and shrugged. Just as we turned to head to our own rooms dad yelled again. "Yongbin, come here. I need to talk to you son."