His and Her Destiny

Winter's Destiny
 

 

 

 

 

Winter's Destiny

 

 

 

 

Nikita/OC

 

 

I'm trapped in time without you, 

I can't see what's in front of me I'm so scared....

 

 

What? Kris is coming? Right away? “You must be kidding me, mom.” I snored, while rubbing my half lidded eyes trying to wake up.

 

“Now why should I kid you when there was a phone call from him few minutes before I wake your out of your nest?” It sounds so true; I could tell it from mom’s stern tone. Could it be real? I mentally shrugged. Impossible. “Better get up, he will be here any minute.” I frowned while crawling down lazily from my bed.

 

Kris was missing for months and everyone was searching for him so desperately. All members of EXO, his fans all around the world including me, his girlfriend; and now mom said she got his call saying he’s coming right away? There’s so much of confusion when he threw everything aside. His career, his brothers, his fans and vanished like thin air ignoring everything, everyone.

 

Tears overflowed when I got back from my campus, watching the news from mass media, which mentioned his sudden disappearance. I was about to take a bottle of sleeping pills when the truth hit my conscious hard. I cried so hard, hugging my pillows, drowning myself in the stream of tears. I thought I’d never grow fond on him because I dislike people who got a tattoo; when he went missing, I felt like I was being torn apart. I actually love him more than I thought, unwittingly.

 

 

 

I finished washing up myself and went for a change; despite of mom kept telling me to wear something nicely, I wore a loose knitted pullover and a pair of shorts which I usually wear at home. Of course, she kept nagging me because I refused to wear something decent.

 

Ding Dong. The bell rang as I heard it from upstairs, still thinking how to tie my hair. “Coming! Just a minute,” mum sang at downstairs. My heart began to thump in a incredible speed. Is it Kris? I quickly tied y hair into a messy ponytail, rushing down the stairs to have a peek. Remember to breath, Nikki, breath.

 

“Hi auntie, nice to see you again,” a familiar husky deep voice came from the front terrace with my mom answering the guy, “Why, Kris! How are you? We missed you, where had you been all these days? Yulgi had been washing her face with tears nearly every day,” Mom pulled the said Kris for a hug and she was so short! LOL, she’s even shorter than me! I chuckled subconsciously.

 

“… Oh, auntie! This is my manager, Ms Ao,” the said lady arrogantly drew her hand for a shake. Snobby one. I could tell; he was trying to avoid that question of mom. I peeked from the stairs as I saw the guy; he changed a lot. His hair was cut, dyed sky blue and smartly set, a HBA Double Zipper Pullover with a pair of skinny torn black jeans and a Supreme sling bag pack. Kris…My Kris…

 

As mom invited him to come in while the haughty manager of Kris went for something else, he asked, “Where’s Yulgi?”

 

“Yulgi? She should be done now.” Mum gave him a glass of freshly squeezed orange-carrot juice and shouted, “Yulgi! Kris is he- Why are you hiding here? Come on down,” she chimes and Kris looked at my direction and stood. I furrowed my brows, walking down from the stairs gingerly and mom left us silently as she knew, Kris owes me an explanation.

 

“N-Nikki…” I walked towards him and he came towards me for a hug. “Go away!” I tried to push him away but his grip on my back tightens. “Let me go, you bastard! You left! You ing left us! You abandoned EXO, your fans all over the world, the ones who loves you! I HATE YOU! I ING DETEST YOU KRIS--WU!” My tears burst as I couldn’t control my emotions that made me lose myself in front of my loved one. “I’m sorry, Yul. Sorry…” he kept his grip on me, caressing my back to make up his long lost warmth in my body.

 

“I missed you, Kris… I missed you…”

 

 

 

 

Sniff. “Where were you all these days? Where were you?” A tear flowed by my warmed cheeks, lying by his firm chest. You got thinner, Kris. I laid my palm on his chest causing his arm to pull me closer, filling the gap between us. My room was cold, sad, full of agony and dejection; it is now, back to the time when Kris always cuddles with me, sharing our weal and woes like the way we were.

 

Silence filled the room; he didn’t reply my question. I knew; he was avoiding it. I called him out, “Kris…” “Hm?” “It must be tough for you…” I sniffed again as I felt sourish on my nose. It’s been a long time since we cuddled last time, the day before he disappeared at Incheon International Airport according to the articles of netizens.

 

“It’s been hard on you too, Yul,” I lift my head and shut his lips with two fingers, “You got skinnier than before. Look at you,” I paused and traced his forehead, “this,” his eyes, “this,” to his nose bridge then nose, “this,” cheeks, “this,” and finally his plump lips, “and this, misses me.”

 

“I know,” he chimed with a grin, my bangs aside and cupped my face. “Your forehead,” pecked, “eyes,” pecked, “nose,” pecked, “cheeks,” pecked, “and this,” he pulled me for a sloppy kiss and broke away. I pouted of dissatisfaction and he chuckles, “C’mon, we have undone business.”

 

 

 

 

“Are we there yet, Kris? Seriously, I hate this idea.” Guess what? I’m blindfolded and walking to somewhere I don’t know while Kris is holding my hands, leading me to some place where my thick boots could felt the soft wetness of the ground. “Patience, babe. Few steps to go.”

 

“You’ve been saying that sentence for 4 times. Seriously, Mr. Wu Yifan?” I really doubted but I told myself never mind. As long as he is with you, Yulgi.

 

Finally, we reached the final spot and there was where the light pierces my eyes. “We’re here.” Kris sang while I was trying to adjust my eyes to feel comfortable to the sudden penetration. My jaw dropped. I can’t believe it! “Babe? Nikki!” I wouldn’t have believe my own eyes if Kris hadn’t called me out of my train of thoughts. “Huh?”

 

“Do you like it?” he asked while showing his white teeth, smiling widely. “Of course, I did! It was…it was out of the world!” finished saying, I began to sniff because of the touched feeling where my tears started to form big drops that was going to freeze any moment spite of the winter breeze.

 

Kris noticed my emotional change and hugged my shoulder, “Not feeling well?” I shook my head and my wavy silk hair went messy; I didn’t want him to know my deep buried feelings. But he won’t let it pass; “Let me see you. Y-you’re crying!”

 

Hearing upon his words, my tears burst out of my lachrymal glands, and buried my head in his warm thick coat, not wanting him to leave me again. “Don’t cry baby, I’m sorry that I did you wrong. I know it hurts when I left you all alone facing this agony. If I had a choice, I wouldn’t have chosen to leave you. It tortures so much when my heart seeks for you every day, every moment, every night but I was the one who left. I should be the one who shall suffer such bleeding pain, not wanting you to feel the same as me but I ended up leaving you in a deeper state of throes. Every time I miss you, I see you everywhere but those were only your images. Every snow descending from the sky where there were no you, I know those were your tears, hoping me to come back to you soon. I know the torment and when I know I can see you again, the lavender in my heart blooms healthily again. Now I’m back for good, I’m not gonna leave you again and I promise…”

 

 

 

As we cuddled on the snow covered ground, the faint scent of plum blossoms evoked my memories with Kris; how we met, how we fall in love with each other and finally got together. It was the sweetest time when we’re together, he would flick my forehead every secret date we went, when a sugar-forgotten-coffee went sweet while we shared the bitterness together, when sunset was so beautiful because of our presence by the beach and every kiss on my forehead before he left for his dorm after our dates.

 

“Kris?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Do you remember the time when I pulled you into a photo booth to avoid the paparazzo?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I? That was the most embarrassing lifetime experience yet you were so happy that we actually got into that stupid machine.” He chuckled.

 

“Seriously, Kris? I thought you enjoyed it a lot coz you looked nice in the stickers. I have a copy here. See, you and your -face. It’s incomparable to mine; look at such cute face.”

 

“Mind your words young lady I might lose control on my fingers,” he sat up and so as I because I knew what’s next; tickling me was his favourite job of all.

 

“C’mon, you -faced-Kris-ing-Wu-Yifan!” I blurted and stuck out my tongue before I stood and escaping away from his dragon claws. For the moment, I thought of stopping the time; leaving us in this beautiful instant, never wanting to leave this wonderful enchantment. The sun shone brightly on us, but I never felt it was going to penetrate my skin; even it was, I am willing to let it do so just for him. Just for my Kris.

 

 

 

 

At home.

 

“We’re home!” I cooed while holding Kris’ hands, entering the fully warmed home of mine. “Why Yulgi!” mom approached and we huggged each other, “How was your date, sweetheart? It must be sweet, wasn’t it? Anyway, I’ve done the cooking and dinner can be served any moment!” I smiled sheepishly and Mom continued, “Mommy could tell from your face~ Full of sweetness!”

 

“Oh, Mom cut that cheese! I-I’ll go get the dishes,” and I shyly ran to the kitchen to avoid embarrassment.  “Do continue your stay here, it’s been a long time I see her smile like blooming lavender.” I could hear Mom talking to Kris but there was no respond from him. Hmm.

 

 

 

Dinner ended well; it’s been a few months since I touched this meal before Kris left. There was never a time I stop grieving for his departure. Obviously, my mood is going on well and I need not to take the daily dosage of sleeping pills today.

 

“When are you leaving, Kris?” I shot out of the blue, while watching the night scenery with him cuddling in sheets.

 

“Why a sudden?”

 

“It’s just…nothing. You haven’t meet EXO oppas yet, have you?” I managed to twist the topic and fortunately he followed, “Hm… the time is not ripe yet.”

 

Silence fell upon us; Kris buried me deeper in his body and my grip in his waist tightens. “Cold?”

 

“No. I’m just…feeling insecure.” I almost couldn’t hear myself saying that word ‘insecure’, but it was the word that I really hoped that Kris would understand and yes, he did and he managed to catch that almost-muted-word.

 

“Insecure?”

 

“Hmhmph.” I nodded while gazing at the stars, avoiding his eyes.

 

“For this moment, I’ll be here. No matter when I will leave, you will stay in my heart forever like that two brightest stars upon the sky.” He pointed at the two beautiful stars which looked like it was watching over us from the sky like guardian angels.

 

“There are still fallen stars. Who knows you'll gonna be one of them?" I snuggled in the woolen scarf wrapped around my neck as a night breeze kissed my cheeks.

 

"But…can’t you stay longer?” I looked at his flawless face while he fixed his eyes on mine, ruffling my hair.

 

“I wished I could. I had no idea about my schedules coz those are Ms Ao’s job.” Kris shrugged.

 

“That snobbish woman?” I furrowed my brows thinking that ill-mannered lady. My mind kept playing her proud looks which made me felt like puking on her face.

 

“Snobbish?” he chuckled in amusement. “She’s like that; she did that to protect us.”

 

“Fire her. I don’t like the way she acts like a superior to everyone.”

 

 

 

 

Kris

 

Fire Nanxiang-jie…? Little did you know, Yulgi? She was the one who pulled me out of the pit of despair; who knelt in front of the director, begging to fit me in his latest film; who discussed and settled every schedule for me without letting me feeling a single tiredness; she’s the Ao Nanxiang I know.

 

Gazing the two dazzling stars upon the dark sky, the night was just perfect with Nikki, sleeping in my arms. Her breathing was stable, as I could feel its heat under my jaw. The night breeze came, coldness gently kissed our skins; I pulled her closer to my body, not wanting her to feel the insecure of shivers. I couldn’t sleep. I just couldn’t. Many things came across my complicated mind; my dream and Yulgi.

 

Yulgi was the purest girl I’ve met. No matter how poor her life was; her smile would never forget to shine. She’s just like the sun, who determines the life of the living things on earth; like how her life goes on without any despair. I’m just like the moon, depending on her light to shine during the night. She never fails to make me smile regardless of every problem that I’ve encountered when I was in Korea. For me, she is more than everything including my life. She is more than a supply of oxygen in a vacuumed room.

 

But, I failed to give her the best. Knowing I was going to leave the country, I never told her that I was going far away from her. Even on our last date, I know; I couldn’t bring myself to hurt her by saying those goodbye words.

 

I placed her on her bed, covering on her sheets and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Sleep well always,Yul.

 

 

Vvvt. Vvvt. Caller’s ID: Ao Nanxiang.

“Kris, remember what I told you?” The lady spoke through her phone and the latter one replies; “Hm…” There’s an 8-second delay of the lady’s turn to speak; of course she’d feel that something’s in his mind, and continued; “You know that is for your dream and her own good right? I told you,” which was returned by a hum again; Kris’ heart shrunk for a second. “Tell her soon; tomorrow’s your last chance. There’s 22 hours and 54 minutes till your flight.”

Toot Toot Toot. Call Ended.

 

 

 

 

Next morning afternoon.

 

“Ngh… Stop it…” Something kept touching her cheeks trying to wake her up; Kris Wu. He glanced his wrist watch; 2.32 p.m. Last night must be the first night she slept well… The blue haired guy sank into his thoughts; he gotta let her know. But… how?

 

“Morning, Fan…” The latter one hugged his waist, resting her head on his back inhaling his scent. Mild mint; she smiles as the fact of Kris was still with her was true. Kris didn’t reply her; still in his train of thoughts. Can’t I take her with me?

 

But he knew the answer. His subconscious slapped him hard; it is impossible for an almost debuting actor to have ing rumours about his private life aka having a girlfriend. He knew; paparazzos were always on the frontline waiting to reveal and divulge his lifestyle and all, whether it’s dirty or whatnot, might higher the views via Internet because of his popularity in the globe of world. How I wish I could shout to the world and say Yulgi is mine…

 

Yulgi noticed his expressions and asks, “What’s on your mind, Yifan?” Resulting a questioning hum, he faced her and gave her an assuring kiss on the lip; “Everything’s fine…” She raised a brow; “Sure? You know you can tell me…” “It’s nothing, really. Now get yourself ready, we’re going to somewhere.”

 

 

 

 

After half an hour, the couple met a tall building; Namsan Tower and the blue haired guy parked the car beside. For Yulgi, she always got the chance to come. Especially when she was still a kid, his father never failed to bring her there during her birthdays. Till 9 years ago, her father was seriously ill and gone forever from the mother and child. One drop from her eyes drips on her griping palms; reminiscing those beautiful childhoods spent with the late Mr. Shim.

 

Noticing her changes in emotion, he cared; “Thinking of your father?” He placed his warm hands on hers, comforting her, “He would be happy to see you thinking of him, but not watching you cry, Yul.” Hearing upon his words, she hummed with a smile after a sniffle and the latter one ruffled her knitted beanies.

 

“Thanks, Kris,” she placed a peck on his flawless cheeks and asked, “Did you wear make up?” The tall one frowned, “No, why?” His reply earned a chuckle from Yulgi; “It’s just having less flaws on the face than the girlfriend is not cool with me,” and she pouted like a baby. Her hilarity made Kris laughed, almost leading to dislocation of his jaw; “Silly girl, you’re the most perfect thing in my life,” and gave her a soft kiss, giving her confidence.

 

“So, shall we?” The tall guy turned off the engine, earning a nod from his beloved yet silly girlfriend; “Certainly, Your Highness.”

 

 

 

 

This is the second time Kris came; the first time was spent here with few members of EXO while filming a variety show. As for Yulgi, he was always too busy to have a date, not to mention going for sightseeing at this foreign country with his Korean girlfriend.

 

As they reached the cable car boarding area of Namsan Tower, Nikki kept gripping on Kris’ coat and took glances at every people walking around; being cautious of paparazzo. Kris noted and asked; “Are we going to a ghost house?” She flinched a bit at Kris’ sudden question and replied; “Err…no,” then smiled sheepishly at the tall one while continuing her sentence, “I’m just checking if there’s paparazzo.”

 

Her silliness amused Kris again, which caused him to chuckle a little; “Not a soul know I came back, silly girl.” She pouted again and Kris cued, “Here are the tickets, let’s go.”

 

 

 

Her eyes were completely shut; too afraid that something might happen while the cable car was on its way to Mt. Namsan. This is crazy, she thought subconsciously. Luckily there are not much people during workdays; there were only two of them and another foreign family of three.

 

Kris was aware of her ultimate fears; flying insects, stench of fishes and raw meat and most of all, afraid of heights. So he wrapped her in his big coat, letting her to feel a little safer in his arms. Can you cope with everything when I’m gone…? But it is easier to be said than done. His heart sank deeper and deeper; he knew that his damn watch was keeping his attention with its hands reminding him about his departure time. 5 hours and 49 minutes left. He closed his eyes trying to shake away those unwanted thoughts. Right now, Yulgi is more important than everything.

 

They finally arrived and Yulgi huffed out a sigh of relief. Kris pecked her forehead again assuring that he’s there for her. The couple made their way to the entrance of the landmark of South Korea and began their last date before Kris leaves; Yulgi totally had no idea that the big guy of hers will leave her so soon. She knew he would leave, but never thought that it would be so soon. He has his dream to realize after all and she was willing to give him the time and wait for him until he succeed but under one condition; tell her the whole idea and she’ll follow the said guy wherever he goes.

 

But Kris is not someone like that; who speaks accordingly what he thinks and sometimes even he himself doesn’t knows what he wanted to tell the person aka now. He isn’t able to express himself well using words, let alone telling his love that he is going to leave her for a very long term. He knew that their love is not built easily like sand castle but it was carved little by little on huge ice cubes and finally a proof of their engraved love is resulted; a perfect ice statue.

 

Still, without conservations, the ice-made statue will melt as well and the only condition is a very low temperature. Both of them won’t want it to happen; they’ll do their best on preventing their love from ceasing.

 

 

 

Yulgi is quite familiar with the place; she acted as Kris’ personal one-day tour guide and bringing him around the landmark. They made their way into the building and Nikki thought of must-do stuff in Namsan Tower; placing love locks on the Roof Terrace.

 

It was not difficult to buy a lock at Namsan; they are choosing one now in a gift shop which trades the sweetest gift to people's dearest ones. “Which one is nicer? This one or this one?” The excited girl was holding on two diffent colours of locks; a pink one and blue one. Kris patted her beanie, says, “Blue. It’s the winter; it will be beautiful when it’s covered by snow.” Yulgi smiles, “Okay then, we’ll buy two.” He briefly gives her a nod; his thoughts were still occupied with the ‘how to tell her’ and question marks. How can he say bye to her so easily as flipping the pages of books?

 

She told him;

“Even if the world is against us, I still wanna stay with you till eternity.”

“If we can’t live together, let’s be gone together.”

“We’re like plum blossoms; enduring the cruel winter while other flowers aren’t able to stand the great coldness.”

 

 

 

 

The two of them wrote love messages on each of the area of the fade blue lock. While thinking of what to write, the female kept smiling like a dreamer dreaming of flying off to the sky. Few moments later, their locks were written nicely, Yulgi even drew some cute stuff on it. As for Kris, the whole nation knew that his drawing skills are superb; he wouldn’t admit it. He did a few doodles on it, which makes his girl laughs sarcastically. Let’s see what they wrote.

 

Yulgi wrote:

If fate didn’t let us meet, we wouldn’t have been who we are now. Let’s stay forever till infinity.

love, yul

 

 Kris wrote:

I’m sorry if I failed to protect you when I’m gone, please be safe and happy always. I love you.

-yul's galaxy

 

After finishing his, the tall guy tried to peek on Yul's message on the lock. “You cannot see mine!” Nikki squealed as Kris rolled his eyes as if he care, which earned a punch on his left arm. “That hurts young lady!” “As if that’s my flesh.” The girl sneered and left the tall one dumbfounded and headed to the Roof Terrace.

 

As the couple braved the cold gazing at the love locks hand in hand, they were ready to affix to the railings. Before doing that, Nikki fished out her phone posing playfully with her boyfriend, trying to snap photos and share it to Instagram. But the guy said, “What are you doing with that?” He frowned.

 

“What? Just taking photos, don’t tell me it’s forbidden or I’ll throw you down from this height.” The girl pouted and pretended to ignore the tall guy. It’s obvious that Kris will give in to her, saying, “Alright, but you know the rules. I’ve been checking on your Instagram when I wasn’t around and you even posted my jaw on it! You know that can cause us a lot of business to deal with if the netizens find out about us and raise the topic?”

 

This leaded to Nikki’s dissatisfaction and fired at him with anguish; “GREAT-KRIS-ING-WU-DAMMIT-YIFAN! This is how you treat me when you left me without a word or what and come back whenever you think the idea is totally cool with you? I was ing devestated when you left, I couldn't reach you and you were not answering my calls. By that critical moment, I thought you never wanna see me again. I thought you will never love me and miss me again, I thought I was going to die.  I was ing depressed till I had to take sleeping pills every night despite of all sleepless night. Every night thinking of your face I felt like I was an abandoned cat thinking of the heartless owner who left her at the pets' home. I gave my all to you and this is what I got for return after you came back, bombarding me for posting your 's jaw? Why don't you ask why I did that? It is all because I miss you so badly!...” She squatted down hugging her legs crying out of her lungs in the middle of the way after venting out her grieveness and anger, all eyes are on their fantastic drama scene.

 

Kris knew; it’s been hard on her to live without the one she love most and he shouldn’t told her off in public like that. In another angle, he was trying to protect themselves from those unnecessary plagues of netizens. He held his tears, not wanting them to flow in front of his girlfriend and squatted down hugging on her, “I-I’m sorry…Yul. I’m sorry for everything I had done to you…”

 

I’m sorry…?

 

I'm sorry... ...

 

That phrase kept lingering in her mind, recalling what she had oversaw last night after Kris left the room...

 

After leaving her on the bed, Kris' felt his phone vibrating. At the same moment, Yulgi was too sensitive for a movement while she sleeps; her eyes flipped open and noticed she was facing the said guy's back. She didn't know who was the caller who would call him in such late night so she decided to eavesdrop the conversation. Unfortunately, Kris was incredibly quiet during the call, so she got nothing. After the call, Kris left for a bath. When his footsteps were no longer heard in the room, she immediately sat on her bed and tried to look for Kris' phone. Fortunately, Kris was a dumb who always left his things anywhere; his phone was just right beside the table lamp. In the nick of time, Kris' phone vibrated and it was a message. The suspicious girl swiped his phone's lock screen and checked out the content; 

Ao Nanxiang

Your flight will be at 9.45 p.m. today. I've arranged the director to meet you after the flight in the next morning.

 

Yulgi's face turned white as she saw the content; Kris will be leaving her right after this night. Her tears flowed by her pale cheeks; she couldn't believe her own eyes but the fact was there. "Yes, auntie." Yulgi heard Kris answering her mom and she immediately recognized the echo was coming from the stairs. She quickly deleted the text message and put back his phone to the original place and feigned asleep. Kris turned the doorknob and found Yul's peaceful sleeping figure. He when closer and placed a small kiss on her forehead. "I love you... Yul." He murmured before fixing himself beside her. It was so painful, Yulgi was too hurt to open her eyes again; her tears streamed through her nose bridge wetting her pillow amd sheets. Kris.... She couldn't cry out her wits; she would never let Kris know she found out what he kept away from her...

 

Do you know something, Kris? I know you’re gonna leave me. 9.45p.m, right?

 

 

 

 

They sat on the heart chair provided on the Roof Terrace; silence wavered in the cold air they forced to take in their lungs. Nikki was sitting on the edge of the heart chair gazing on the railings, full of love locks placed by couples all over the world to declare their eternal love in this romantic pilgrimage. Kris? He’s doing the same too, but on the opposite edge of Yul’s.

 

Almost half an hour the two finally decided to speak to each other; “I…” "I..." They turned around and off their silent mode in unison.

 

There was a 5 second awkward moment before Kris speaks; “Yul… There’s something I wanna tell yo-” “I know, you’re leaving the country in the next 2 hours.” Yifan raised his head in surprise, “Yul let me expl-” “I know something’s fishy when mom asked you to stay longer but you didn’t reply. I asked too, you didn’t give me the answer as well. So I faked asleep. I tried to eavesdrop your conversation with that old hag. When you went for a bath or what, I read your text from her and deleted it.” Nikki was still on her back facing Yifan, causing the said guy to go in front of her.

 

Squatting down, Kris saw her hand was still holding their separated love locks, looking disappointed. He explained; “I wanted to enjoy this moment with you, not wanting you to feel stressed about the whole idea.” Nikki raised her head and said, “But do you know if you tell me this ing idea, I can leave wit-”

 

“That’s why I don’t want to tell you. Following me will give you lots of trouble and unwanted injuries both mentally and physically.” He paused for a while and held her cold hands, “I don’t want anything bad happens on you because I realized how much I love you. You're more than everything in this world.” His eyes locked with hers, leaning closer to her face. Both of them closed their eyes and their lips touched. Their lips moved in sync as the snowflakes flew down from the dusky hue of evening like the descending snow fairies. During the kiss, Yulgi tried to hold her tears but failed. When they broke away, Kris saw the tracks on her pale cheeks and kissed them away; “Girls’ tears is the most precious things of all” He pecked her lips again, “Especially my girlfriend’s” Nikki finally parted her lips and formed a smile, throwing herself in Kris embrace. “Let’s affix the locks.”

 

“I love you, Kris.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

 

 

As the sunset performed its final display of colours on the dimming sky, the couple hugged each other enjoying their soon-to-be-farewell moment under the witness of the Heaven and Earth. Kris rested his chin on Yulgi's head, asking, "Did you grow taller or what? You used to be so short that I could hardly kiss you properly while standing but now my chin can touch your head!" The girl chuckled, "Nope, I learnt to wear heels. But for health considerations, I wear wedges more." Both of them laugh sweetly to each other until a call rang Kris' phone.

 

Vvvt. Vvvt. Caller’s ID: Ao Nanxiang

Kris swiped his phone screen and put it on his ear, “Hello?” “Where are you now, Kris?” The lady’s was piercing his ears, but he was used to it. “I’m coming in 30 minutes.” “Make sure you come. Your things are with me now.”

Toot. Toot. Toot. Call Ended.

 

Kris looked at his phone screen and checked the time; it was 6.54 in the evening. He hugged Yulgi again when her tears were starting to form again, “Let’s go home.” But she rejected, “No,” holding his hand, she continues, “I’ll go with you.”

 

 

 

 

 

Incheon International Airport.

Departure.

 

A familiar lady waved at the couple; the couple headed to Ms. Ao and Kris took over his luggage. “The procedures were done, I’ll go in first. Make everything fast.” After the lady’s words, she left the couple for some goodbye-saying moments.

 

“Kris, come back soon.” Nikki lowered her head, not wanting her boyfriend to notice her flowing tears. He hugged her for the very last time, “I will miss you too, Yul. Be strong. You are the reason I could stay strong till now so be strong.” Kris was about to pull away but Nikki’s grips were strong, attaching her body to fill the gap between their bodies. “Don’t move, we don’t know when we’ll hug like this again. Just a minute, please.”

 

Kris couldn’t hold his tears anymore; he cried hard inside him but silently outside. He’s a man after all; he knew he should reserve a strong side of him in front of his beloved girlfriend. But this seemed too hard for him to do because he too, had no idea when they will meet again. Stop crying , Yul... You're making me hard to leave you like this...

 

This is the final boarding call for passengers XXX booked on flight XXX to Prague, Czech Republic. Please proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for XXX. Thank you.

 

Kris wiped away his proof of being weak at the time, pulling away from his girlfriend after hearing upon the boarding announcement made. He gave her a last kiss on her color-fading lips; but ended up got bitten by Nikki. “Ouch! Yul-” “The pain I will undergo is not lesser than this pain on your lips, Yifan. Remember how hurt I am here," she pointed the position of her heart and continued; "if you ever think of betraying our love.” 

 

He nodded and put on his shades, “Rest assured, no girl will steal my heart from you.” Before turning his heels heading to the departure gate, he bid her goodbye, “I love you, Shim Yulgi!” The girl was completely lost in her tears, "Bye...Wu Yifan!" While walking in the departure gate, Kris never forgot to turn back the head and see how's his girl doing; the girl was falling onto the floor, crying to her wits. I'm sorry... Yul, I'm sorry... He turned away, walking hastily to board the airplane surpressing his sadness.

 

 

 

 

It was the end of winter, where snow began to melt and the ground was starting to cover by lush greenery. At the same time, a couple was parted east and west. Yulgi was walking lifelessly in the airport like a dead body roaming around the graveyard. She was aimless; she no longer had a reason to live. Her dried tears were tried on her pale cheeks; her used-to-be fair complexion was ruined by it.

 

In the midst of hardship she had undergone just now, a sudden chest pain attacked her and she felt like her heart was been twisted. Yulgi was flustered by the sudden pain and she tried to surpress the unfamiliar pain using her palms. The second reaction she got is to ask for help. The weak girl dragged her lifeless body depending on the walls; her perpirations was dripping as the pain she suffered was unbearable. She wanted to shout Kris, but nothing came out from her vocal cord. What weird was; there were hundreds of people passing by but no one ever noticed her. She was so helpless, but not a person saw her nor helped her. 

 

 

"Help me... please..." Yulgi finally got on someone's arm but the guy was not looking at her; he look at his front as if no one was pulling him and Yulgi ended up got dragged by the guy on the floor. That was the most torrential moment ever in her life...

 

Just then, a mysterious light shone on her from above; penetrating her body. The pain of her chest got even worse as the light shone flamingly at her; she was no longer be able to move her body nor her limbs. They were paralysed as her lips kept murmuring Kris' name breathlessly but there's no voice from her at all. The source of the light spoke; "You don't belong here, go back to where you come from." The girl wasn't even able to blink her eyes; ift was too pain for her to resist the light from her lifeless body into it.

 

After a "Go!" from it, the light barrier the said girl into it and swallowed her wholely despite of her miserable state of a dying fish. She wasn't able to struggle at all; all she could feel was just falling... falling... falling...

 

"KRIS!"

 

 

“What date is it today?

The green grass is thick.”

 

“The bright moon accompanies you a thousand miles away,

I am waiting for next year’s autumn wind.”

 

 

Because when autumn comes, winter is not far away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

Updated: 20140816, 21:55

Status: End.