final.

secret friend.

“No worries. I’ll take care of you. Fighting!” Jaebum said on the video for the nth time because Jinyoung has been repeating  that part ever since he had the chance to open his laptop.

Sighing, he closed his laptop and lay down on his bed. Thoughts like ‘Who could he have picked?’ ‘Why was his smile a little bit forced?’ ‘Was it me?’ ‘Didn’t he want me to be his secret friend?’ ‘He doesn’t want to take care of me?’ and a whole lot more before he decided to just let sleep take him.

When he woke up at about 5 o’clock in the morning, it was surprisingly quiet. He stepped out of his room quietly, glancing at the maknaes, seeing that Yugyeom slept on Bambam’s bed again, pouting from jealousy because he wants someone to hug to sleep too, you know.

He was still pouting as he got outside the shared bedroom and trekked silently to the kitchen for a warm glass of water. He didn’t turn on the lights so that he wouldn’t irritate his sleepy eyes or wake up whoever was sleeping on the couch, making him roam his arms around to reach for the refrigerator. It was a shock, though, when he felt warm hands circle his slim waist and a heavy head bump on his shoulder.

“Hyung?” Jinyoung whispered so low that the elder’s moderate chuckle seemed too loud to hear. “Uhm- Good morning, hyung,” the one being hugged silently said, still careful of his tone, and was released by his hugger.

A body passed by him and opened the ref to get a carton of milk. Seeing that it was definitely Jaebum who invaded his personal space, Jinyoung was reminded of the secret friend they all had to pick for real got7 season 2. So not saying anything else, he reached for a glass and filled it with water and started to make his way back to his bedroom. The ongoing silence was immaculate that he was a bit relieved and a ton disappointed that the elder didn’t say anything as he walked out of the kitchen.

Since it was definite that silence was needed at this time of the morning, Jinyoung was contolling of his reaction when his overly quiet companion in the kitchen dashed through him and went inside his bedroom inside the bedroom of the maknaes.

“Hyung. My room. You. Out. Now.” He said in a mantra as soon as he closed the door behind him.

“Am I not allowed in here, Junior?” Jaebum asked him as he made his way to the younger’s messy bed, placing the carton of milk on the bedside table after sipping from it.

“It’s not that,” the younger tried to reason, not taking in account that he was called by his stage name, drinking half of the water he brought, “I’m planning to go back to sleep.”

“I can sleep here,” the man lying started, “right?”

The question startled Jinyoung. Why sleep with him? Why? He was drowning in his jealousy for the secret friend already, the one that the elder was taking care of that he can’t help but let the disappointment show.

“I guess not, then,” the withdrawn expression on the leader’s face was too much for him to handle because wasn’t he the one who was supposed to be sad?

“Tch. Yeah. It’d be better for you to sleep next to your Youngjae,” the words spilled with the scent of jealousy and a pinch of hurt that the younger who had his eyes fixated on the glass he was holding didn’t dare to look up.

“Youngjae?” the other asked, curiosity suddenly taking on his chic features, “Why is Youngjae being brought in this conversation?”

“We are not having any conversation,” the answer was laced with coldness that a natural smirk came out from the older’s face, “Get out of here.”

Jaebum definitely wasn’t listening to any word Jinyoung was saying because rather than stepping out of the room, he stood up to take the glass of water from its holder, setting it down beside his carton of milk, before wrapping strong arms around a jealous-filled Jinyoung.

“You know I’m not an expert on this, but I guess this is you being jealous,” Jaebum said.

“I’m not. And even if I am,” Jinyoung started, “It’s a useless thing for me to do.”

“You told me to go back to my room,” the older was having fun much to Jinyoung’s cold stature.

“No. To Youngjae.”

“I do not have anything with Youngjae,” Jaebum said as he tightened his hug.

“He’s your roommate,” the other distractingly said. The hug was so tight.

“Should I move in with you, then, love?” The taller asked, putting his finger on the younger’s chin so that Jinyoung was looking up to him.

“I-,” the younger was definitely distracted by now, though for a different reason. Those lips – “You can’t. I mean, you shouldn’t. Youngjae needs you.”

“I feel like you need me more,” Jaebum said, voice louder as he finally kissed the younger’s cheek.

There was no answer.

“Silence means yes.” And the elder kissed surprised lips, catching the sadness and jealousy on it, starting his plea with soothing kisses to needy ones.

“It’s never wrong to be jealous. Though I am sad that you are, I would work harder so that you won’t need to be next time,” Jaebum said as he broke the kiss.

“I am not -,” the younger tried to say before someone kissed him again.

“Jinyoung~ah, really? Did you really think you could lie to me?” the elder grinned.

“It’s always worth a try,” Jinyoung answered, resigned.

“Let’s go back to sleep now, shall we?” Jaebum asked as he took hold of the younger’s hand and brought them to the bed.

“Wouldn’t Youngaje –,”

“Nope. He’d be fine without me,” the other cut Jinyoung, “I’d rather be with you on our day off, anyway.”

Jinyoung just rolled his eyes at that, expect the leader to cut him off, thinking that he knows everything about the younger. Well, maybe he does, but still.

The younger lay down first, making sure there was space for the older on his small bed, facing out so that he wouldn’t see the other’s face. Soon, he felt the bed dip and after, he was being turned around to a grinning Im Jaebum.

“I’d been wanting to know what it would feel like seeing your face before I lulled to sleep,” the elder said, kissing Jinyoung’s forehead, then his cheek, and his lips, before closing his eyes, wrapping his arms around a smaller waist before mumbling a contented good night.

Jinyoung guessed that maybe being jealous was fine if they always ended up like this, in each other’s warmth. So, mumbling a satisfied good night, wrapping his arms around the other’s shoulders, he let sleep take him again.

end