A Dream

Behind Those Walls

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”, Lay shouted as he sits up in his wooden bed.

“Man, please! We’ve got loads of work tomorrow!”, Sehun said as he waves his arms and drifted back to sleep.

“That dream again!”, Lay said as he wiped the sweat falling all over his face.”

 

After calming himself , Lay decided to go back to sleep. One problem remained, he can’t. Images of his beaten mother with blood coming out of had been flashing in his mind since that very day, the day he lost her.  Same dream every night, same nightmare that hunts him when he close his eyes.

“Oh, mom. I wished I should have done something.” He cried as he covers his face  with his worn out hands.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning came………………………………

 Noises of birds can be heard from above.

“Aaaaaahhhhhh!” Sehun yawn as he opened his eyes.

“Where’s Lay?”, he asked himself as he start folding his blanket and placed it on the cabinet near the fireplace. He then headed to the back d

“Oh, there you are.” Sehun said amusingly.

“Your awake, hurry up and be ready , we’re runiing late” Lay said as he throw a pail to Sehun.

“Ouch…It hurts”,Sehun said  slowly as the pail landed on his forehead.

“Haha, you better learn to catch it”, Lay said laughingly then he disappeared to the basement.  

“You better learn to catch it”, Sehun repeated what Lay had said a couple of minutes ago with scarcasm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Faster,faster ! your fools!You oughta make it faster!”, a middle aged man shouts as he settles on a chair.

“Oh, look at that stubborn pig, let him do this and feel what we feel.”,Kai, a colleague of Lay, said.

“Just do it.” Lay said at last since they started their work.

 

As Lay was about to get a new log, the bell rang.

“Wohhhhhhoooooooo!”

“Yeahhh! At last”

“Wohhhhhoooooo! It’s done”

 

The group of boys yelled as they throw the logs they’re carrying which landed with a thug.

 

“Phew!” Kai released a sigh as he throw the log he’s carrying as well.

 

As the bundles of boys were rejoicing, the middle age man cut off their happiness.

“Oh, shut up you ! You !”

“You too !”, a boy from afar shouted back te everyone started laughing except for the middle age man.

 

The middle age man grew pink but composed himself when he noticed that all eyes are on him.He then cleared his throat and said,

“Be early tomorrow”, then disappeard into his office.

 

“At last!” Sehun came shouting to his companions.

“Stop being so puerile!” Kai said as he started to get ready to run. This really do annoyed Sehun.

“Oh,stop Kai!”

 

Then Sehun went on chasing Kai while Kai is still laughing and continue uttering sill names at Sehun.

 

“Guys Stop!”, Lay yelled that made the two stopped trying to kill each other. Kai and Sehun exchange looks as they approached to Lay.

 

“What is it now this time?”, Kai said in a stern voice.

“Another fire started.”, Lay said in the same voice.

 

This event always happens at least twice a month. The reason behind it, is their warlock leader. All the stupid things in this city are controlled by the law headed by the most powerful man of the town, Mr. Leverain Cosmo.

 

“Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!”  a shout from a girl got their attention.

“There’s a girl trapped in the hou……..”Sehun didn’t have the chance to finished his statement as Lay started bolting to the direction of the house on fire.