Delirious

Delirious

He stumbled into the apartment. His sore feet walked to the lounge room; as if they had a mind of their own.

Leo looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. She sat there with papers in here hands. 

He made his way next to Jinae. He closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. 

She smiled. "Welcome home." Then continued working. 

Leo opened his eyes. "What are you doing?" He looked down at the ripped papers. 

His eyes widened. Ripped. Broken. All of them. His memories. 

Leo placed his hands on the papers. Searching. For anything. Anything that wasn't shattered. His eyes were wide, his breath short. 

She looked at him, confused. "W-what are you--" she was cut off. 

Leo stared at Jinae. "What have you done? Where did they go? What did you do!?!" His voice continued to escalate. 

Her voice trembled. "I don't- I don't understand..." Leo continued searching through the papers. 

He found it. A photograph. A girl holding a peach rose. Her smile was hard to miss. Leo held the photo to his heart as he sighed. 

Jinae quivered. "Oppa..." Leo glared at her. He stepped back.

His eyes pierced through her soul. "Why did you do that?" He stepped forward.  

She stayed quiet; continuing backing away. Something was weird. This was not the Jung Taekwoon she knew. 

Leo continued stepping forward. Asking her over and over again. "Why did you do it?! Why did you do it!?!" He had reached his limit. He could bear it no longer. He threw whatever was near him away. 

A vase shattered on the floor. Next, picture frames of the two. 

Within a few minutes, the apartment was chaos. 

Shattered glass pieces on the floor. Books ripped apart. Hearts broken. 

Leo's breath was short and fast. He clenched his fists tightly; they trembled. He stared at the floor. A still face. No emotion. Only hatred. Regret. Bitterness. 

Jinae had her hand over . Tears flowing down her cheeks. She stepped forward towards her distressed boyfriend. 

"Leo..." 

"No. Get out." 

She halted. Staring at his exhausted body. 

"I said 'Get OUT'!!!" His loud voice punctured her heart. Only more tears fell. 

She stumbled towards him. "Leo...it's okay." She placed her small arms around his broad shoulders. His eyes closed. Leo's nose rubbed against her neck. Intaking her sweet scent. He opened his eyes and glared. 

Jinae's eyes widened. She felt...cold. She looked down at her waist. 

Red. Deep red. 

She hugged him as tightly as she could. "Leo..."

The boy just stared blankly at the broken papers. "Leo...please, open your eyes." Leo broke away from his daydream. He looked at the tabled clearly. 

Torn papers. Scissors. And...sticky-tape? Leo walked away from Jinae's embraced. The girl fell to the floor. Clutching her abdomen. Her hands staining red. 

His lips parted. Leo let go of his fist. A red bloody knife dropped onto the floor. 

With his red stained hand he grasped onto a taped picture of him and his past girlfriend.

Leo shivered. Jinae laid on the ground limp. His knees dropped to the ground. He caressed her cold cheek. 

"Jinae..." She smiled at the sweetness of his voice. Tears slowly falling once again from her cheeks. 

"I know. Leo, I love you. But I know that you still love her..." She waited to catch her breath. Tears forming in the corner of his eyes. "...it's alright. Everything's okay. I can't even feel it anymore." She swallowed hard. "Leo...Taekwoon....I love you." With her last breath she smiled as if nothing had happened.

Leo clenched her stiff body. "No. No! You can't leave! No! Jinae! Jinae!" Leo puffed air in and out. 

His nose once again rubbed against her neck. Her sweet scent was fading. 

"I-I love you..."