First Encounters

The Many Misadventures of Sojin and Suho

It was a warm Saturday afternoon when Suho had been parading around his house, minding his own business. He stood in the kitchen when a knock was heard on his door followed by the doorbell ringing.

“Who could that be?” Suho questioned as he shuffled to the door. He opened it to reveal the back of someone’s small figure. The figure turned around and showed a girl maybe in her late 20’s.

“Hi. I’m Sojin.” Her smile radiated, leaving a sense of warmness in Suho’s heart. Suho smiled back and nodded.

 “Ah yes, you’re the girl Bom noona told me about. Please, come in.” Suho moved aside to allow the young woman into his home. Sojin walked in and marveled over the interior of the foyer.

“Wow… nice place you got here.” Suho smiled as he closed the door.

“Why thank you.” Suho walked past Sojin into the kitchen. “Follow me. We can stay in here.” Sojin nodded meekly and followed the younger man with her head lowered. “Would you like something to drink?”, Suho said as he walked over to the refrigerator, opening it as he searched for something of his own to drink.

“Uhm… sure.” She grinned as she responded. Suho searched and pulled out two juice boxes, closing the fridge as he walked to the young woman.

Sojin smiled and took the juice box with a warm smile. “Why thank you, kind sir.” She peeled the straw off and stuck it into the designated hole, taking a small sip.

“So…” Suho sat beside Sojin at the counter and sipped his juice box. “Bom noona has told me great things about you. And, I take it she told you about a few weeks ago, huh?” Suho sipped his juice box with his head lowered as he remembered the events that had occurred back then. His heart had been shattered by a girl he had been chasing. She told him to give up on her after she had gotten what she wanted from him.

“Yeah… It broke my heart when Bom unnie told me what that girl did to you.  How could someone do that to another person?” said Sojin as she placed a hand on her chest in anguish.

Suho shrugged as he looked down at his lap. “I don’t know. I was too blind to see, I guess. I always see the good in people rather than what they really are.” Suho took a sip of his juice and kept his gaze to his lap.

“I’m so sorry that happened to you.” Sojin looked at the straw of her juice box and unconsciously squeezed it, shooting juice into her eye. “Ah! Dammit” She covered her eye immediately and whined softly from the pain.

Suho looked up to see the girl in front of him in pain. “Aish, noona. C’mon.” He took the ailed girl to the sink and turned the water on, removing her hand from her eye to wash out the juice from her eye. “You have to be more careful…” Suho looked at Sojin with a worried expression as he watched her clean her eye out with the water.

“I know… I don’t know what I was thinking…” She looked up from the water and dried her face. Once she lowered the towel, she saw Suho looking at her with his sad, puppy dog eyes he had when he was worried about someone. Sojin blushed lightly when she saw his face.

Suho noticed the woman blushing in front of him and furrowed his eyebrows. “Noona, are you okay?” He tilted his head in confusion as Sojin turned her head away from Suho. He placed his forefinger and thumb on Sojin’s chin and turned her head to him, looking at her with those same sad eyes from before.

Sojin turned to the younger boy with flushed cheeks, biting her lip. “Yah, don’t look at me like that.” She pushed Suho’s face away and giggled. Suho tilted his head back and grabbed the older woman’s wrists, bringing his head back immediately as he constrained her hands.

“Don’t push me away!” Suho laughed as he saw Sojin squirm, trying to break free from his grip.

“Let me go!” Sojin continued to squirm but Suho’s grip just grew tighter to her wrists. “Yah! If you don’t obey noona, I’ll have to kiss you!”

Suho’s eyes widened and a smirk grew across his face. “You’ll have to kiss me, huh?” Sojin blushed even more at Suho’s question as she continued to squirm in his grasp.

“You , Joonmyun! Just let me go!” exclaimed Sojin as she started to whine like a child.

Suho looked at Sojin, her gaze meeting his. The playing seemed to come to a halt for just a moment as Suho bit his lip, leaning closely to the older woman. Sojin made no move to stop Suho as he hesitantly pressed his lips to hers. Sojin returned the kiss and relaxed in the boy’s grasp, her eyes twitching as her hands slipped from Suho’s hands.

The kiss seemed like it lasted hours before Suho pulled away, lowering his head immediately. “I-I’m sorry, noona. I didn’t mean to…”

Sojin looked at the younger boy with her lip between her teeth, exhaling deeply through her nose. “Th-That’s okay…” Sojin mumbled. “I kinda liked it…”

Suho looked up quickly and met Sojin’s gaze. “You did…?” Sojin nodded meekly and lowered her head. Suho stared for a moment before his cheeks began to turn a bright pink.

“Suho… I’ve been thinking this for a while now…” Sojin spoke with her gaze to the floor to hide her flushed face. “What if… I was the one to mend your broken heart…?”

Suho looked up at Sojin with a dropped jaw, in disbelief of what he had just heard. “Y-You want to mend my broken heart…? Sojin noona… you don’t know what you’d be getting yourself into.” Suho shook his head as he looked down at his feet.

“I’m willing to accept the challenge, only if you’ll allow me…” Sojin lifted Suho’s face and looked at him with a gentle, reassuring smile. “I want to be the one who fixes you.”

Suho felt that same warmness in his heart as when he first met Sojin. He nodded as he returned the older woman’s smile. “I’d like that.”

Sojin grinned widely as they shared their second kiss that night.

This was the beginning of a wonderful journey with Suho and Sojin.