Yongguk 137

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            The morning of the 31st, Dispatch was going crazy and the entire online community was abuzz. There was a new rumor alight and this time, rumor seemed almost a slander for what it was. It was practically truth.

            “Is it true? Bang Yongguk is dating?” So many half-dismayed, half-giddy fans were sending the mysterious article back and forth.

            The article itself looked like any other cheap tabloid, except for one thing, there seemed to be a ring of the truth. There was a very authentic screenshot and also a supposed letter of admittance.

            Bang Yongguk finally steps out and announces that he is in fact, in a relationship! How do we know? There was a mysteriously leaked screenshot from what is presumed to be Yongguk’s phone. The screenshot shows playful banter being Yongguk and a lady friend he calls Bang1004.

BYG: So what do you say, let’s reveal it now!

Bang1004: What? Are you going to do something dumb?  Should I be concerned?

BYG: I don’t think so. Do you trust me?

Bang1004: Haha, what is this all of a sudden?

BYG: Do you trust me?

Bang1004: I’m starting to feel like I should say no, keke. Is that the right answer, Oppa?

BYG: If I did something tomorrow, you’ll still be with me right?

Bang1004: Ahh, I know what you want now. I never knew Bang Yongguk-ssi would be the type to want to ask for a birthday gift. I got it. I’ll see you tomorrow then. You ruined the surprise.

            Along with this screenshot, there appears to be a very formal invitation, inviting all of us to go online to a website and see “Bang Yongguk’s Confession Time.” We’ve had our staff check the validity of this site and while it does not display anything but a countdown at this moment, we highly encourage all fans to check it out.

            This could be the moment we’re waiting for. Wow, we never knew Yongguk would be the type to do such a public confession! Babyz, are you ready? Leggo~

            The only one who was unaware, it seems, was a certain girl whose name on a certain leader’s phone was saved as ‘Bang1004.’ She was happily still sleeping despite it being nearly nine in the morning.

            Her beauty sleep was disturbed, however, when her phone buzzed. She woke up, slightly annoyed, but saw the caller ID. “Yes, Daehyun? Why are you calling me this early in the morning?”

            “It’s almost nine. For most normal people, that’s not considered early,” came the sassy reply and she was tempted to chuck her phone out the window. “Anyway, we’re waiting outside.”

            “Who is ‘we?’” she asked cautiously. With Daehyun, you almost never knew.     

            “Who else? The gang! We’re all going to drive over to the studio and get ready for hyung’s birthday. No way. Don’t tell me you forgot right? You can’t possibly forget your boyfriend’s birthday, right?”

            “Of course not,” she snapped. “I just woke up! Give me time to brush my teeth first.”

            He let out a sigh over the phone. “You have ten minutes and then I’m sending Junhong in there.” She rolled her eyes but laughed nonetheless. Daehyun could be annoying but he definitely meant well. Too bad they were the same age and she couldn’t pull rank.           

            She brushed her teeth quickly and pulled on the romper she had prepared last night. It was a cute number, cut to flatter while still being cute and casual. It was too late to apply makeup so she grabbed the bag, along with Yongguk’s present and walked out the house.

            Immediately, her should-have-been quiet morning was turned into a very noisy one. “Ya, this isn’t your bathroom!” Himchan protested from the driver’s seat as he saw her pull out her eyeshadow.

            “Be quiet,” she murmured. “You put more makeup on on a daily basis than I do in a week.”

            As they neared the studio, Youngjae turned to her. “So, you’re going to walk in and surprise him, okay? He still thinks that you’re meeting him tonight for dinner instead.”

            She nodded and they walked into the studio. Immediately she sensed there was something off. The studio was lit up and when the five boys pulled off their jackets, she saw that they were all wearing black. “Did I miss out on the dress code or something?”

            Jongup placed his finger on his lips and led her into the small room. There were cameras set up as well as props for what looked like a skit. He gestured at a seat on the side and she noticed Yongguk sitting there.

            The five other boys filed in and sat in what were probably their designated seats and she had the sense that she was the one tricked and not Yongguk.

            Himchan faced the cameras rolling in the front of the room and cleared his throat. “Welcome to B.A.P’s Gossip Central. Today we have gathered because we heard that B.A.P’s leader Bang Yongguk is holding a press conference.”

            Yongguk cleared his throat and immediately, questions began to fire at him. She watched in amazement as he answered them. The point of this skit hit her when Himchan called out, “I heard Yongguk has a girlfriend?”

            The directors stepped forward to turn off the cameras and she watched in confusion as Yongguk took off the white coat he was wearing and pulled on a hoodie and snapback. He sat in an empty seat and the cameras .

            She nearly burst into laughter at what he did next. “Yeah, we want to hear this from Bang Yongguk himself. What was the meaning of the screenshot sent to Dispatch?”

            “Bang Yongguk” was back in his white coat and he shot a look at her and smiled. “I figured it was my birthday, and at twenty-five I’m not getting any younger. I might as well let the world know the girl I plan on spending my life with. Yes, I’m dating, and if she’s willing to come up, I’ll introduce you.”

            Yongguk extended a hand out to her. She stared at him and he waved for her to come. “For my birthday, babe?”

            And because that was a good enough reason, she stood up and finally revealed to the world who Bang1004 was.

 

Happy Birthday Yongguk!

You will forever be our inspiration, and I look forward to your new song. Please continute to do what you love and to remain true to yourself.

Happy 25th ♥