Jongup 102

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            You peered out into the hallway and smiled to see your husband on his stomach, having a staring contest with your baby son. “Jongup, aren’t you cheating?” you .

            He didn’t spare you a glance as he responded, “Hey, you like my small eyes.”

            You laughed out loud at how well he knew your mischievousness and plopped down next to him. Your son’s attention was diverted and Jonghae peered at you, still not blinking. “Hey, I won, didn’t I?” Jongup murmured. The strain of keeping his eyes open was getting to him.

            “Not yet. Jongie didn’t blink yet.”

            Jongup was still staring off into the far distance and his eyes were watering. After ten more seconds, he groaned and rolled over. “I can’t. I thought babies were supposed to have limited attention spans. Why is he so focused today?”

            Jonghae squirmed a little as you raised him by the armpits to kiss his chubby cheeks. “Because he knows that he wants to show daddy who’s the boss.”

            Jongup inched his way closer to you and rested his head on your lap. “So, when are you going to say it?”

            “Say what?”

            “You know. What you always say this time of the year.”

            “Ah, well I’d say it but I think Jonghae already helped me to prove it.”

            “Hey, being defeated by a baby in a staring contest does not mean I’m getting old.”

            “To you maybe. But I definitely see it as a sign of old age when someone who has no attention span and someone who can barely keep their eyes open for three minutes at a time because yawning is so much more appealing.”

            “He’s out to get me,” Jongup said as he tickled your baby’s stomach, his fingers softly massaging the squishiness every once in a while. Jonghae giggled happily and settled comfortably between the two of you. “It’s also because his eyes are bigger. Wait until he gets older. I had big eyes as a baby too.”

            You let out a tiny snort. “I would even call that an exaggeration.”

            But he knew you were joking. His eyes, especially when he smiled, was one of your favorite features and you always told him that even back when you were dating. You handed your baby back to his father and stood.

            “I’m going to go grab the cake. Keep him from nodding off please.”

            For a while you heard Jongup’s voice whispering to the baby and the tiny noises the infant would make to acknowledge it. As you sliced the cake and poured milk into the glasses, you noticed a tuft of black hair peering at you from the door of the kitchen. You turned to look and saw that your baby had been abandoned.

            Jonghae stared at you hesitantly before planting one hand before the other and crawling in to see you. “Jonghae!” You hurried to pick him up and then wondered where his intended supervisor was.

            “Jongup!” There was no response. “Moon Jongup!” You walked out of the kitchen determined that, birthday boy or not, you were going to give him a piece of your mind. “Hey, what do you think you’re doing?”

            “Behind you,” Jongup’s voice came and you whirled around, angry until you saw in his hands a familiar-looking battered stuffed animal.

            “Jonghae, meet Kopi.”

            Your son reached out a curious hand and grabbed the koala’s ear. “Kopi is an old friend of mine and now that I’m getting older, I think it’s time to pass it onto you.”

            He handed the toy to Jonghae and took him from you. “Sorry. I told him not to run off.” Jongup smiled at you angelically and you could feel some of your anger dissipating.

            “Only because it’s your birthday today and because you finally parted with Kopi will I not add to your emotional distress.”

            He grimaced at your choice of wording but spied the cake over your shoulder. “If you’ll feed me that cake, I’ll choose to overlook what you just said,” he smiled brightly.

            You nodded. “Go eat. It’s right there.”

            “No,” he corrected. “Feed me.”

            “Jongup! You’re such a child!”

            And that was when he and Jonghae shared smug looks. “Look, we got mommy to admit that daddy’s still young.”

 

Happy Birthday to our Moon Angel ♥ Please keep smiling and being precious my bias wrecker hehe 

this is for Animekitty