Daehyun 130

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            It was going to be elaborate, yet simple. The oxymoron made him light up with an inner satisfaction. This was how Daehyun liked to do things. Elaborate on his part and his effort, but everything turning out simply and smoothly.

            At first, he had gone to Youtube videos, magazine articles, every source of social and informative media to find out ideas for the perfect proposal, but everything seemed lame, overused, or just not him.

            He had asked the members for help, but their idea of romantic didn’t exactly match with his, so he ditched them too. Yongguk had suggested just taking her out at night and proposing by the river. That sounded like the best way, but it also had a level of sophistication that Daehyun simply could not even pretend to have. He was essentially a country boy at heart, and so he was going to do it in a way that he saw fit.

            Youngjae had been on the fence about helping him. “Do you want it to be obvious that it’s a proposal? Because I can just ask for you, you know, and spare you all the hardship.”

            Of all the other members, his best friend was the only one who shared his idea of doing events, so he knew that Youngjae was just joking. “If you dare breathe a word, I will make sure you lose all singing ability, and the fans would never blame me.”

            “The horror,” Youngjae grimaced. “What if you go through all this and at the end, she still says no?”

            “Then you’ll have to help mend my broken heart.”

            In his mind’s eye, Daehyun pictured a rural like setting, peace, and just the two of them. He didn’t really need flowers and champagne and all those things that his hyungs had suggested. Those were for people like them, who could pull it off. If he presented her with a bottle of too expensive champagne and wore a suit, she would probably die laughing first.

            And so it was decided that he was going to do it on the day she least expected it. She was visiting them on the set of their music video shooting. Under the pretense of needing a female lead, Youngjae would help cover for Daehyun while he set up. The staff was in on it too, and each of them approved.

            “Hey, if you guys get married, I want an invitation,” one of the cameramen winked.

            “Shh!” Daehyun widened his eyes. The girl of his dreams had just walked onto set and if she heard anything… He made a slitting throat motion and the cameraman quickly clasped his palms together, asking for forgiveness.

            She walked up to him. “So, you’re employing my help, huh.”

            He naturally slid an arm around her waist. “Yeah, but too bad the lead today is Youngjae.”

            She frowned at him. “Really? Because you were the lead last time and you , right?”

            Daehyun rolled his eyes and pretended to be offended. “Alright, please. If they had told me to cry in front of that mirror, I’d do outdo Himchan Hyung in a second.”

            “Alright, okay.” She turned her attention to the fake lead. “JaeJae! What do we have to do today?”

            Youngjae grimaced at the nickname and for a split second, considered ruining the proposal. If she accepted, he just might have to listen to that pet name for life. “Basically all the other members are hobos walking around London, but the two of us are actually going to meet.”        

            She laughed at his description and for a second Daehyun felt a stab in his heart. She was so beautiful. Please let her be his. The filming started and at first it was innocuous enough. The other members went through their actions and then it was Daehyun’s turn.

            He held the arrows in his hands and covered the words because if she saw them, the entire ruse would be up. Luckily, she was with Youngjae. He gently placed each arrow down, leading towards where he himself would be hiding. Daehyun briefly admired his hard work and then that section was finished.

            He watched from his hiding spot as she started following the arrows to where she assumed Youngjae would be hiding. She was laughing as she read the signs, and he knew that it wasn’t just for the cameras. “Baby, where are you? What are you doing? Do you want to find me? Keep walking to find love!”

            She was nearing and he quickly adjusted his clothes. Youngjae clapped him on the back. “Remember, easy goes it.” Then it was just him and he was waiting for her to open the door.

            The production crew was set up and the moment she walked in, Daehyun stepped out into the light and started to sing his part of the song. As he reached the end, he took her hand and got down on one knee.

            “Will you marry me?”

            It was one question that was simple, but her answer would be elaborate enough because it would be the merging of their separate lives into one giant one. He saw her stop and grinned. He literally just took her breath away.

            She peered at the arrows in confusion. They clearly did lead to this cottage, and it really was Daehyun kneeling in front of her. “I thought you said the lead was Jae?” She asked, a little slow on the uptake, he had to admit.

            The members started clapping as they filed in, each holding their own celebratory presents. Daehyun held his breath, waiting for her to realize, and waiting for her to answer. When the impact of what happened hit her, and he was happy that there were cameras to capture this, her first reaction was to cry.

            One drop, then another, and she turned her head away. He waited patiently. Take your time, he urged in his mind. When she did face him again, she threw her arms around his neck and mumbled, “You stupid idiot.”

            “Is that a yes or a no?” he prodded her gently, as he held her and rocked her, trying to keep his balance as well.

            “It’s a maybe because now I have to think of a way to answer you and see your reaction too.”

            He kissed her and grinned. “Hey, the cameras are still rolling you know.”

 

this is for kpopforever32

I had such major Dae withdrawals that I was planning out a really heartwrenching story but i stopped myself. That story will be for another day. Right now, I'm feeling more of that fluff ^^ 

I also want to thank all of you who have requested and commented on their oneshots. It means so much to me that you are all still here even when I take forever ♥