Jongup 99 Part II

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            “So, how did you know me?” Jongup asked you. It was day three of your honeymoon (one that you have, thankfully, not had a major, life-changing accident in).

            You stared at him from your pillow and smiled. He had asked you this question multiple times ever since you ran into each other in the large department store you worked in but you never found the right way of telling him without seeming too cheesy, or too fake.

            “If I tell you, you’ll never believe it.”

            “Oh yeah? Try me.”

            “You see, I didn’t know you from the past,” you started.

            He raised an eyebrow as his thumb swept an eyelash off your cheek. “You don’t say.”

            You kicked him from under the covers and continued. “It’s more like I knew you because my subconscious was screaming at me that you were my soul mate? I think?”

            Rather than turning away and laughing, Jongup looked thoughtful. “Wow, so your memory loss somehow ignited the hidden prophesier in you. Does it still work now?”

            You blinked at him. What in the world was he saying? “What?”

            Now he laughed. “I’m kidding. So, how did you figure out we were soul mates? You didn’t quite jump at the chance at the hospital.”

            “I forgot,” you promptly responded and he hugged you to him.

            “Nope, sorry. That excuse no longer works. Your accident was before the hospital, not after. Tell me your thoughts.”

            You pulled away indignantly. “Well, if you must know Mr. Moon, it’s because technically soul mates aren’t real and that would be illogical. How would you have reacted if I, a woman who doesn’t remember the last seven years of her life, woke up and suddenly grabbed you and called you my soul mate?”

            “I believe our first interaction you called me ‘husband.’”

            Your cheeks flamed at the memory. “Well, I was clearly confused and out of my mind then.”

            “That, or subconscious’ hopeful thinking?” There was a teasing lilt to Jongup’s voice.

            “Hey, are you going to listen or not?” Immediately, he shut his mouth and zipped it, pretending to throw away the key. “One, you continuously insisted that we did not know each other. Because I was clearly at a disadvantage, I couldn’t insist that we did. So there was no way I would ditch my husband for someone I met while unconscious. Therefore, logic would conclude that I forgot about you and continued with picking up my past.”

            “So how did you know again when we saw each other?”

            “Because I believe in coincidences but not coincidences with you. You never really left my mind those three years and sometimes I thought I was just being silly. But the bells were ringing when I saw you.”

            “Wow.” Jongup kissed your cheek. “Most guys get a heart pounding or loss of breathing, but I get bells ringing. Aren’t I lucky?”

            You frowned at him. “Are you making fun of me? If we are, I’ll walk out of this honeymoon too. I believe I’ve done it once.”

            His grip on you tightened. “I wouldn’t dare. Besides, what if you went out, lost your memory again, and met me once more? Wouldn’t that just be your bad luck?”

            At this, you had to crack a grin. “Perhaps.” The two of you were quiet for a moment and then you looked at your newlywed husband. “So how about you? Why me?”

            “Well I didn’t have alarm bells ringing but I definitely couldn’t stop thinking about you. I thought I was being dumb. You were a married woman and we really had all of one day’s worth of conversations. I figured I just liked playing the hero and you were my biggest save. But when I saw you in the middle of that store, and you came running towards me, I think I knew that maybe we’ve both been feeling something for a while.”

            “How did you remember what you did though?” he asked.

            “Oh, I caught him cheating and I think that triggered a bunch of memories. It’s what’s been happening. I would see something that must have reminded me of how things were then, and then it’s that flash of a memory. But if I keep probing, I wouldn’t know what else.”

            He your back. “Don’t worry too much on the past. We’ll make new memories together.”

            “Ones that I will remember,” you grinned.

            “Ones you better remember,” he threatened.

            There was another contented pause and then the playful tone was back. “So, Mrs. Prophet, can you tell me some questions I’m dying to know?”

            You harrumphed but played along. “What is it, Mr. Moon?”

            “How many kids are we going to have?” he whispered into your ear.

            “I don’t know,” you responded. “Maybe we should get working on that.” 

 

sequel by popular demand :) 

Sometimes I think the beauty of a story can be taken away by a sequel, but I think this time, a sequel makes sense. I did leave things too vague/ambiguous and I guess I have an obligation to satisfy that curiosity haha

Also, get excited (or not too much) but the remaining two months of requests are going to be pretty good. You guys requested so many interesting things and I'm really, really looking forward to writing them. Here's to not messing them up!