Yongguk 128

B.A.P. Oneshots III

Being a single parent was a difficult life. Being a single parent to one three year old son who was beginning to learn just how fast he could run and a six month old daughter whose only method of communication was to cry was the hardest thing in the world. By the end of the day, even though the clock’s hands only read an early eight o’clock, he felt like collapsing.

            “Ya, Bang Yongguk! Are you alive?”

            Yongguk picked his head off of his arms and snapped to attention. He stared drowsily at the bossy, demanding woman in the screen in front of him and sighed. She had her signature interrogating face and he straightened up. His hair was sticking up all over the place and his giant glasses were sliding down his nose. He knew he looked an utter mess but right now, his appearance was the least of his problems.

            Immediately, she softened and she reached forward to his face. “My poor Bbang. Are the kids tiring you out?”

            He knew better than to complain. Taking care of children was the responsibility of both parents. “I’m alright. Just not very used to it.” That was the most he would allow himself.

            She nodded sympathetically and blew him a kiss. “What happened today?”

            “Well, I’m working from home so I figured I would take them out, get them some ice cream. I keep saying them, but it’s really just Yongwon. He has a newly discovered favorite flavor. It’s salted caramel, by the way, and if you even get regular caramel, he wouldn’t eat it.” His wife laughed in sympathy and nodded.

            “I got it.”

            “Then, Kyuri for some reason threw up all the dinner she had and was colicky all day. I thought the fresh air would help but she was fussy about everything. Luckily she threw up on the high chair and not all over her clothes. So I just finished cleaning her up. Yongwon is just finishing up Pokemon but I think it’s ending. I should go get them.”

            He stood up and disappeared briefly as he went to get the kids. Yongwon had found the episode boring, reruns held no interest for him, and he had flipped the channel and was watching a cooking show.

            Yongguk bent down and picked him up. “Alright, time for bed mister.”

            His son fought for a few minutes before deciding that being carried to the bed by daddy wasn’t a bad fate and instead looked up with an angelic expression. “Daddy, can we go to the park tomorrow?”

            “It’s raining tomorrow,” Yongguk answered automatically. He had kept an eye out for the weather in case requests like this came up and he hated to promise his kids before realizing that nature was not permissive.

            Yongwon pouted. “When is mommy coming back?”          

            “In three more days.”

            “Oh.” The little boy was quiet before he pulled his blankets to his chin. “Daddy, tell me a scary story?”

            This was not Yongguk’s specialty so he had to dig up an old storybook before reading from it. The little boy was out before the ending and it was with relief that Yongguk got up to check on his daughter. Kyuri was fast asleep, her face buried into her pillow. He adjusted her so that the fear of being smothered would not become a reality and pushed the portable mini-crib into the room where his wife was waiting.

            Yongguk sank down into his chair and used one arm to push the bed back and forth. Kyuri liked movement and constant movement helped her sleep through the night. Too bad it required so much effort on his part.

            “Are you having fun at your conference?”

            She nodded. “Yeah, I’ve met a lot of nurses in California and they’re fascinated with the system back home. It’s been an educational experience, but I can’t wait to come back.”

            He grinned. “Back to me?”

            “Back to the kids.”

            It was rare to see Yongguk pout, and that was precisely why she responded the way she did. “I’m kidding. Of course back to you too, baby.”

            Yongguk smiled and couldn’t control the giant yawn that came out. “I’m going to head to sleep. Have fun at work, hon. Same time tomorrow for installment number four of Bbang and the kids.” He gave her the peace sign and she blew him a kiss.

            “Kay, you can stop rocking Kyuri now. She’s definitely sound asleep. Same time tomorrow. Don’t let them run you down.”

            He stared at his sleeping daughter and thought about his son in the next room and grinned sappily. As if. These kids meant everything to him.

 

meep ♥

this is for Roffy. Have fun girl and come back to me soon