Youngjae 96

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            It was your fifth anniversary and Youngjae was acting suspicious. Naturally, you knew that after missing the first and the second one, he had the date drilled in his head, so you were definitely expecting something, some sort of an event. So it wasn’t a surprise when he came to you and asked you to keep that day free.

            “Planning something?”

            Youngjae tried to look confused, unconvincingly so. Acting was never his best asset. You raised an eyebrow, daring him to keep lying. “Well if you already know, why are you still asking?” He was going to pull the grouchy, hurt little boy route. You hid your grin. “And if I told you, then not only would you be anticipating an event, you would know what to expect. Then that defeats the whole purpose of it all.”

            “Okay, okay,” you held your hands up. “No more questions. I’ll do as you say. Should I wear something special?”

            “Anything you deem appropriate is fine,” he answered gruffly. You snorted into your palm. Youngjae could be such a prickly porcupine when he was ruffled.

            When the day came, you decided that something cute but casual would do the trick. You highly doubted Youngjae would take you to a super high class restaurant. That just didn’t suit both your styles.

            You heard him shuffling downstairs and heard an intense but muffled conversation going on. You strained your ears, trying to listen but Youngjae was speaking much too lowly. “Okay, I have to go.”

            He put away his phone and looked up at you. He held out his hand. “Let’s go, my princess.”

            Nicknames made you blush fiercely and you slapped his arm. “Ya, why would you call me that?”

            “We’ve been together for five years. It’s about time I switched things up so you wouldn’t get bored of me. If I did only what you wanted, wouldn’t you be bored?”
            “Yeah but if you start doing things I don’t like, looks like six years wouldn’t be happening.”

            Youngjae opened the car door open for you and bowed from the waist. “Hey, I’m only doing minor switches here and there, okay? No need to go overboard with the break up threats.”

            You stuck out your tongue at him and he stifled an eye roll. And you complained that he sometimes acted like a five year old. The entire car ride, you resisted the urge to ask him where you were going. That would piss Youngjae off, and while an angry Youngjae excited you sometimes, not today. Today, grumpy Jae would only ruin the mood.

            He parked inside a mall and you stared at him. “Really?”

            “What? I have some things to do. You can take my credit card and buy whatever you want. I’ll meet you somewhere when I’m done.” And then he was gone.

            You sputtered, looking after him with the most dumbfounded expression on your face. What in the world was he doing? You held the plastic card tightly in your hand and contemplated just ditching him. This was just a bit too much.

            It took you a few more minutes to recover and swallow your anger. You were going to sit in the car, sulk, and wait for him. Youngjae came back with nothing half an hour later. He looked surprised to see you still in the car.

            “What? I thought you went shopping?” You folded your arms and stared out the window. You heard him sigh. “Don’t be mad, cutie pie. I really had to get something done. But I’m all done. Do you want to go to our next destination instead?”

            You kept your silent vigil all the way until you pulled up at a familiar road and then you leaned forward excitedly. “Are we going to the petting farm?”

            Youngjae nodded. “Yeah. I got a special access so you can stay as long as you want.”

            Forgetting to be mad, you pecked him on the cheek. The petting farm was an event that only happened once a year, and each year you would come but find the line to be ridiculously long, and never have the chance. This year you didn’t even try.

            “But Youngjae, isn’t the petting farm closed this time of year?”

            Your boyfriend wiggled his eyebrows. “You can hate me, but you can’t deny that I make you happy.”

            When it began to get dark, Youngjae handed you a bag. “Here, go use their shower and change into this.”

            You stared at the bag. “This? What’s in here?”

            In the bag was a deep blue dress with a dazzling V-neck and shimmery sequins. You the fabric and stared at it. How were you going to wear this and pull it off? Cursing Youngjae in your head, you prayed that it would fit. You highly doubted he knew your dress size. It was a miracle when everything fell beautifully into place and you reached into the bag for the necklace and then the heels. He clearly wanted to kill you.

            You stepped into them, your ankles wobbling precariously and you grabbed onto the door. “Youngjae!” You screamed for him.

            He knocked on the door. “What’s wrong?”

            You pulled the door open and glared at him. “Do you want me to kill myself?”

            But he was staring at you, his mouth agape. “Wow,” he breathed. You blinked and noticed that he, too, had changed into something a little more formal.

            You blushed brilliantly. “Stop staring and help me,” you mumbled. He broke out of his gaze and held his arm out for you. You slipped your hand through his elbow and held your dress in the other hand, feeling elegant and really unlike yourself.

            The restaurant was a place you had frequented quite often through your years of dating. The atmosphere this time, however, was different. The usually warm lights were a dim blue and silver, and all the servers were dressed to the nines. “Mr. Yoo, this way.”

            You stared at Youngjae as he smiled tentatively at you. “Do you like it?”

            “It’s different,” you admitted.

            “Good or bad?” There was a hint of worry in his voice.

            “Not bad,” you had to be honest. The sudden change made you feel like something else was going to be unexpected as well.

            Dinner, however, went like it normally did. You thought some of the other patrons seemed a bit familiar, but they were all determinedly not looking at you. The romantic music overhead only made you so much more aware that you were wearing something more revealing than usual and that Youngjae was sitting directly across from you.

            When dessert came, Youngjae cleared his throat and suddenly a spotlight came on. He stood and was on his knee in front of you. “I’ve been waiting for this day for too long. Will you marry me?”

            You stared at him, completely blown away. Suddenly, everything made sense. He was staring earnestly and your first instinct was to complain that his proposal was the lamest two sentences he could possibly utter.

            Suddenly, there was a screech and then you heard,” My anaconda don’t, My anaconda don’t…” and immediately burst into laughter. The other customers, you were shocked to discover, were all crowded around the two of you. You stared at Youngjae, whose face was starting to turn a scary purple and tried to stop your nervous giggles.

            His mouth twisted as he repeated his question. “Will you marry me, yeeeeaaaahhh?” The last particle was stretched out as you knew he was trying to control his obvious anger.

            You nodded, hoping your answer would appease him and he deflated. “Ugh, I’m so sorry.” He stood up and started wiping at his face. “I can’t believe it screwed up.”

            A man was running towards him. “Mr. Yoo, I apologize. The sound system switched to the radio for some reason, and I really hope nothing was ruined.” The host fell silent when he saw Youngjae’s obvious distress.

            You smiled reassuringly at the man and held onto Youngjae’s arm. “It’s fine. It’s more than fine. It suits us. Completely. Of course things have to go wrong, then it wouldn’t be us. No, don’t worry. I accepted. I’ll marry him. I’m willing. I want to.” You were blabbering at a mile a minute, wanting to appease both the man who obviously had followed Youngjae’s instructions to the letter, and make your fiancé understand that you didn’t care.

            Once the ring was securely on your finger and you were slowly removing the beautiful dress in your shared room, Youngjae walked in and leaned against the closet, his face still drawn out. “I’m sorry,” he said flatly.

            “For what?”

            “That screw up.”

            You walked to him, one hand awkwardly holding up your half ped dress. “Jae, it’s fine. If it weren’t for that, I probably would have kept staring at you, completely shocked. It doesn’t matter if the proposal was perfect. The point is you are perfect.”

            A small smile was slowly coming up his face and he wrapped his arms around you. “Really?”

            “Really.” And you smiled back at him until you felt your fingers being pried off the dress and the fabric sliding off your body. “Ya! Youngjae!”

 

clearly, I got into this one too

it makes me so happy to really enjoy writing again ^^ I hope you can all tell haha

this is for -babyyarmy