B.A.P 1000 Days

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            “What is B.A.P to you?”

Yongguk

            B.A.P to me is innocence. Even though I’m at an age where I’ve lost my innocence, I feel it restored when I’m together with them. When I need innocence, I go to the members. They provide me with light when I feel like nothing is going right. When I first started, it was hard to see myself as part of an idol group. Those were for people who wanted to be packaged, marketed and I wanted to do my own thing. But the company promised that I could still do what I wanted, and so I went.

            I sometimes miss the underground life but when I hear the cheers of Babyz and when I know that my music is being listened to worldwide, I know that the small sacrifices I have made paid off at the end. It’s okay for me to not have anything, but I need my music, and I was blessed to have a life where I can do it.

            The members are a strength, a family that I gained. And just like a father, I’ve watched them grow up and they all listen well. These thousand days have passed by in what seems like a blur and each memory I have is one that makes me proud. We’ve gone through a lot and I think we’ve successfully received your anticipation and your cheers, so for that, thank you.

            Each new thing we do is a mountain that we’ve climbed over, whether it was our first debut stage, or the first day of our first world tour, it has all been something that has helped me to be a better person, a better artist. I want to thank my family, my grandparents, whom I hope can see me living my dream.

            Thank you Babyz. Thank you for giving me these one thousand days of dreaming.

Himchan

            They are like family. Even though we sometimes do what we want, I feel that we still cherish each other greatly. We’re six people who were fated to meet, I guess. Whether it was my best friend or my favorite dongsaeng, we get along very well. All the members have their own quirks but that’s what makes us special, and different.

            You can’t think of six people less alike, to be honest. We all have our different personalities but for some reason, we fit well. It must be because we all lack water and so that’s one thing in common! I want to thank them, though, for giving me a purpose. Everyone here is living their dream, and there is nothing more beautiful than a man who dreams.

            I want to thank Babyz for being our light. We came to earth for you and you provided. The screams are enough to light Planet Mato for many years to come. It hasn’t been a very easy thousand days. There were so many hardships we had to go through and a lot of days spent in the studio, practicing.

            It wasn’t easy becoming someone always in the limelight but I think we handled it pretty well. I think I am blessed to have met these kids, and blessed to be a part of something that is becoming hotly global. I am grateful for the concerts and the experiences we have had, and I hope that together we can move on to experience more. Members, Babyz, you know I only love you, right?

Daehyun

            I would say the hip. The hips the most important part of a person, right? It becomes the center for your top and your bottom and it’s so important you can’t do anything if it gets hurt. B.A.P is like the hip to me.

            When I was young, I was just a kid who liked to sing, and now I am an artist who performs on stage. B.A.P helped me fulfill that. Without them, I really am nothing. To me, these five people are my most important everything. They help me move forward, they help me go forth and complete my dream.

            I don’t believe in perfection; I think we can always improve. But I think with B.A.P, we can reach something close to it. We are best, absolute, perfect after all, right? I came to Seoul, an awkward boy from the country, not knowing anything and anyone but they helped me. They took me in and together, we all dyed our hair blond to fit and we practiced together.

            When times were tough and I missed home, I had the members to help me and they helped a lot. I was able to stand back up and move on forward to make my family, as well as myself proud. We’re a group of guys who aren’t very good at expressing our feelings but I think we do it well enough when we stay in the studio until the early morning hours, practicing.

            It makes my heart grow to see how far we’ve come. It’s really impressive, if I have to say. I didn’t realize how cool we are. Maybe that’s why we have Babyz right? And it’s also because of our beautiful angels that we are able to get to where we are, so these one thousand days are also a celebration for you!

             Thank you for always watching for us, thank you.

Youngjae

            Food! Haha, you probably expected Daehyun to say that, didn’t you? B.A.P to me is food because they are essential to life. I know when I first started, I didn’t feel confident because I was chosen to represent B.A.P in terms of vocals. But thanks to this country bumpkin, I was able to share and do what I want in terms of singing styles, so I am grateful.

            Looking back, I really changed a lot, didn’t I? I started off chubby with that pineapple hair and I thought I was really cool. I guess I really wasn’t. But I’m still grateful for all the love we gained when we were still starting. Even though we’re a lot more polished now, I think we can keep working hard to get better.

            There are times when I have minor regrets. Maybe I should have sang this this way, or danced this better, or whatever, but in the end, it’s not a regret because every failure is a learning experience. I am thankful for B.A.P for giving me that experience. Even now, I won’t say we’re established. We have a long way to go.

            I can’t believe it’s been one thousand days. It feels like both eternity and a day. But we’ve come far, and so has our music. Please look forward to what else we have in store. And Babyz, stay warm in this weather, okay? I only love you.

Jongup

            B.A.P is my second family! Since we’re spending the rest of our youth together, I’m spending the happiest days of my life with them. I am grateful for the hyungs and for Junhong as they watched me improve. I started off as just a boy who liked to dance, but now I’m taking vocal lessons and I think I’m better than Daehyun-Hyung now! Kidding, kidding.

            I am grateful for Babyz who always cheer for us, and who keep us going even when we don’t feel the strength. I want to dedicate these thousand days to them because without them from day one, we would never have walked the stages of the earth or get to where we are now. Everything we have is owed to Babyz. Thank you!

            I’m going to work my best, try my hardest to keep improving, to surpass expectations and set higher standards. I want to be able to make those who believe in me proud and to not let B.A.P down. I hope we can move on together. If not for one hundred days, but one thousand days, one hundred thousand days, and until forever.

Zelo

            A second me, that’s what I would say B.A.P is. Because I’ve been training ever since I was young, so I never really had a lot of friends. When I met the hyungs, it was like I’ve finally found another part of me. They look after me well and it’s a privilege for me to have grown up with them. I’m proud to be able to call them my family.

            They’ve taken care of me since I first reached my teenage years and now I’m nearing my final years as a teenager, and I am thankful for their advice and the love they have given me. Without them, I wouldn’t be who I am. I want to formally thank them, but saying I love you to them is still very embarrassing, so I’ll say it here. Hyungs, I love you very, very much. Thank you.

            Babyz also are like a mother figure because they have taken care of me as well and watched me grow up and now I want to work harder to repay them. I see them staying up for us, waiting on us, and traveling far to see us. And I want them to know that we see everything and all they do for us is very touching, and we’re grateful to them.

            I want to grow up well so that I can be a better musician and artist and make my family know that their sacrifice was worth it. I feel greedy, wanting so much, but I’ve only come so far, I want to go further, with Babyz and with B.A.P.

Babyz

            B.A.P to us is something we want to protect. To love B.A.P is not easy, because with language barriers, time differences, it is hard to always be there. But in our hearts, we know B.A.P to be that group that saved us, that group that us into a whirlwind of happiness, that group that was a beacon of light for us in our hardest times.

            We know that there is no guarantee with something like this, but regardless of where they go, what they do, they will always be B.A.P in our hearts, and for that we have something to smile about. We have something to be happy about.

            Not all of us were here for all thousand days, some of us haven’t joined us yet. But we are all part of that Matoki ocean, that source that B.A.P came on earth to find, and just like how we need justice, emotion, love, passion, happiness we need you too. You, B.A.P. Like how you need Babyz, we need you and hand in hand, together we can conquer and make all our dreams come true.

            Thank you for being an inspiration to us, B.A.P. Thank you for all the tears and sweat you have poured into what you do and for presenting to us, always, the B.A.P we love. We want to see you always happy, but we are here for you when you are not. Thank you. Thank you.

            We will be forever with you. Happy One Thousand Days, B.A.P! 

 

Thank you B.A.P

Happy One Thousand Days, and more to come!