Yongguk 124

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            There were moments when I would question the sanity of women, and this was one of them. I stared at her, pleading silently with my eyes but no matter what I did, nothing would get her to let me pass to her.

            “Sweetheart, please, I need to get you to safety.”

            “If you had been honest with me from the start, you wouldn’t need to get me to safety. Who the hell are you, Yongguk?”

            “I’ll explain once we get home. Please. We don’t have much time left. Youngjae can only hack into their system for so long. We have twenty minutes left.”

            “Good, then you can use fifteen to explain to me right now why exactly we are in this unpredicted situation. Go on. I have time.”

            “No, we do not have time. Think about the kids.”

            My dear wife glanced at the two children tied up next to her and she glared at Himchan and Daehyun who shrunk a little under her angry gaze. “They can take them first. We need to have a long chit chat, my dear husband.

            I sighed. The italics in her voice were scaring me. I gave the nod to Himchan and Daehyun and they started to unbind the two children. Yongwon stirred. “Daddy!”

            I smiled at him. “Shh, and go with Uncle Daehyun. Daddy will be there. And don’t make a sound okay?” I saw his eyes widen with fear but he did as instructed. I made sure they were gone before turning to her.

            She was still determinedly sitting with her bound hands against the wall and piercing me with those angry eyes. “Alright, explain. Who are you, what do you do with your life and why must I find out the hard way that my husband isn’t who I thought he was?”

            I sighed and knelt down. “Let me at least try to get you out while I talk, okay?”

            “What if I don’t like your explanation?”

            “Do you want us to get killed?” I was reaching my limit.

            “I’m not going back with someone I don’t know, Yongguk. Is that even your real name?”

            Deep breaths. I stood and she stared defiantly back. Over my earpiece, I heard Youngjae’s frantic, “Hyung, you have ten minutes! The system is about to override my coding and it’s going to set off the alarm. I have Jongup tailing them but so far they’re unaware. What the hell are you doing?”

            I got on my knees. “Honey, please. Let’s talk about this at home.” I could sense that she was going to yell so I quickly covered . “You do not want to set off the sensors here.”

            Her nostrils flared and I knew that for a moment she wanted to scream. But the moment passed and she whispered harshly, “The story. Short version is fine.”

            “I’m part of an underground group and we deal with tracking black market gangs.”

            “You mean you’re part of a gang?” Her voice was starting to hike up the octaves and I muffled .

            “Yes, no. I don’t quite think we can be called that but our job is to dismantle as many black market dealings as we can. I didn’t tell you because things like this can happen. I don’t know how they found me but we’re going to fix that. I need to know how many know our information.”

            “You’re ridiculous. How long have you been doing this?”

            “Since before we met.” I started to undo the knots on her arm. It was a relief that she didn’t resist like before.

            “So that’s practically ten years. You’ve been hiding this, but then those that mean that your company is all fake?”

            “Again, yes and no. I use the company as a base and then this is normally taken care of under the tables.” I couldn’t work with the knives so I took a razor. “Don’t move.”

            After I had freed her hands, I started working on the binding on her legs. “How did they get to you?”

            “I don’t know. I opened the door to some guy claiming to be the mailman and was stabbed with something. I can’t believe you, Yongguk.”

            “I’m sorry,” I muttered hurriedly.    

            “Hyung! Three minutes. Hurry! It takes you five minutes to fully leave premises.”

            I stared around. Knowing that I’d rather set off the alarm now and save time than wait, I grabbed her by the waist. “Trust me,” I told her.

            “How can I?” came her sassy response but that was drowned in a scream as I took a running jump and slammed out the windows. Glass cut into my skin but I covered her to make sure she was okay. The windows led to a back shortcut and I carried her as I ran to the van.

            “Are you crazy?” she screamed once I started the engine. I spared her one glance. There was one cut on her cheek but otherwise she was fine. “You’re bleeding everywhere!”

            I looked at myself in the rearview mirror. “Just minor cuts. Let me drive to our hideout.”

            “Where are the kids?”

            “Don’t worry. Daehyun and Himchan have them.”

            She took a deep breath. “I should get out. I don’t even know why I’m in this car with you.”

            “I’m still your husband. I’m still Bang Yongguk whether you knew what I did for a living or not.” She screamed and I nearly slammed the brakes out of sudden worry. “What?”

            “We’ve been living off of gang mafia money!”

            I love her, I really do. But times like this, I would love for her to just shut . “Sweetheart, babe, no. The company is still legitimate. This is just extra.”

            She closed her eyes and I saw her lips moving fervently in prayer. “I think I much prefer being tied up, blissfully not knowing my husband is some mafia boss.”

            “I wish I were a mafia boss. That’d make what I do seem so much cooler.” But I quickly stopped when I saw the daggers she was throwing my way. “I mean, look, what happened today will never happen again. We’re going to move and we’re going to stay on the down low.”

            “Move? You want to uproot our lives?”

            “Not far. But just not that house. We’re going to up our security. I promise, I’m going to keep you safe.”

            She was inhaling deeply and shaking her head. “I’m crazy, I must be going crazy,” she kept muttering.

            “You’re not.”

            She looked at me as I pulled into the garage underneath the hideout. “Remind me why I’m not demanding a divorce right now?”

            I grinned. That was definitely a good sign. And not caring that everyone had gathered to welcome us back, I grabbed her and kissed her. “Because admit it, you do like the fact that you’re married to a mafia boss.”

 

this is for starcraft-runner

I hope you like it, haha I enjoyed it ^^

I made it lighthearted because I think it suited the request better