Jongup 93

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            Jongup got up from the table and smiled. “Excuse me, I need to go get ready for a hot date.”

            His friends looked at him and raised their eyebrows. “Wow, I’m impressed. Two kids later and the two of you are still able to find time to go out. Did you get your mom or is this a sitter?”

            Jongup placed his finger on his lips. “Sh, she’s not my wife.”

            Everyone at the table choked simultaneously and Yongguk looked at him. “What in the world are you talking about? Jongup, you can’t possibly be cheating.”

            He smiled mysteriously. “Don’t worry. The wife knows and one hundred percent approves.”

            They glared at him suspiciously. “I don’t know what you’re up to, but if we catch you doing anything unethical…”

            Jongup waved and got into his car and drove home. He found his suit in the closet and put it on, carefully tying his tie. His wife walked in. “Are you wearing the same tie you did when we went on our first date?”

            “How’d you know?” He grinned at her. She snorted and tossed the cologne bottle on him. “Here, put this on. And make sure you comb your hair.”

            He examined himself in the mirror. “Nah, I think she likes the slightly shaggy hair look. She likes pulling it.”

            His wife stared at him and shook her head. “Alright. Up to you. Now leave before you’re late. When are you meeting her?”

            “In five minutes. Wish me luck.”

            “Good luck,” she responded dryly and Jongup walked out the door. He walked down the driveway before turning around on the sidewalk and facing the house. He took a deep breath and walked back up the stairs and ringing the doorbell.

            He waited patiently, his heart beat was going a little quicker than normal. The doorknob turned and he saw the door open slowly. A tiny figure peeked out the crack and then the door was flung open and his daughter flew into his arms.

            “Daddy!”

            Jongup picked her up and gallantly kissed her hand. “Miss Seolbi, would you mind stepping out to the lawn with me?” From behind her, his wife was giggling as she took a video recorder and followed them.

            He placed his daughter in a chair he had set up and picked up a guitar. He cleared his throat and began to sing the lullabies he sang to her when she was still a baby. Seolbi clapped and he reached below the table and brought out her favorite chocolate cake.

            He cut a slice for her and she ate it, the fork happily. “Daddy, why aren’t you eating?” she asked. She offered a forkful to him and he ate it. Seolbi giggled as she withdrew the fork.     

            “Finish it,” he told her. “I feel more blessed watching the princess eat than when I’m eating myself.”          

            She swung her legs happily as he took a napkin and wiped the frosting from her lips. “Would you like to play on the swings?” She nodded and Jongup carried her there so she wouldn’t have to get mud on her new shoes. He placed her on the swing and she held on tightly.

            “Remember to push your legs out when you need to and to not open your legs, okay?” Seolbi nodded and Jongup grabbed onto the chain and pulled it back. He started off with a gentle push until she started demanding, “Higher, daddy, higher!”

            He made sure to accommodate her while at the same time ensuring the chain was within his reach in case things got too dangerous. When she finally begged to be put down, he carried her again, this time to a blanket he had set on the grass.

            “Look at the stars,” he pointed each one out to her and she repeated the words after him, learning the pronunciations slowly. As night slowly fell, she leaned her head against his arm and Jongup felt her breathing slow.

            He kissed her on her forehead. “Is Miss Seolbi tired?”

            She nodded sleepily and he stood up and carried her back into the house. Jongup dressed her in her pajamas and tucked her into her bed. She would take a bath when she woke up, he decided.

            He went into his room and stretched. It had been a fun but tiring day. His wife was sitting on the bed, reading and she looked up. “How was it?”

            “Almost as nice as our first date.”

            She grinned and threw a pillow at him. “Look at you, treating our baby girl so sweetly. She’s going to appreciate it when she remembers as she gets older.”

            Jongup flopped on the bed, landing on her lap. He closed his eyes. “She better,” he mumbled. “I plan on doing this until she gets a boyfriend, and maybe even after, just so he can learn from the best.”

 

sorry sorry I haven't been updating @_@