Daehyun 122

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            The fall was unexpected and the first thought that came to your mind as you flew in the air, was your artwork. You watched in absolute horror as the fruit of all your labor this past year went flying out of your arms. You tried to right yourself but the painting fell with a clatter. You winced. Those were more than ordinary painting. You had used thin tissue paper and carefully glued each cutout onto the canvas. The tissue was delicate and if anything scratched or tore…

            You saw someone stretch out his hand to catch the paintings and winced. As much help as he thought he was being, if the artwork even touched anything the wrong way, it would tear. But much to your surprise, he caught it right by the corner and managed to save the other bulkier sculpture.

            “Wow,” you breathed.

            The guy straightened and smiled. “I think your stuff should be okay. Do you want to look at them more carefully?” He handed you over your precious piece of work.

            You examined it and breathed. “Sorry. It was my fault for being clumsy. How did you know to grab it by the canvas corner?”

            “Ah,” and now it was his turn to be embarrassed. “Let’s say I’m a fan of your work and I’ve seen this piece up on the wall of the hallway and stared at it too often to not know how delicate it is.”

            “It’s really nothing,” you said demurely. “What’s your name?”

            “I’m Daehyun and I’m a new art student here.”

            “Welcome, Daehyun. It’s always good to see new faces. What is your major?”

            “Ah, I’m more of a caricature artist. I like drawing cartoons.”

            “I would love to see your work!”

            He fell into step with you, still holding onto your sculpture. When you wanted to take it back, he pulled away. “I insist on holding it. Where are you heading to?”

            “I’m actually going to work on another sculpture.”

            “Can I come?” he asked the question shyly and you nodded.

            “Of course! You saved me from a year’s worth of labor going down the drain. Maybe you can even draw something while I work.”

            It was nice having someone accompany you as you worked. Sculpting was a job that required a lot of concentration and you sometimes needed someone to be there to keep you from getting too into the zone. Daehyun chatted, asking you about your favorite artists and you found that he was pleasant company.

            But soon, you found that he, too, had fallen silent. When you finally were done, you looked up and saw him drawing furiously. You snuck over and saw that he had drawn someone who greatly resembled you.

            “Do I look that pretty?” you whispered in his ear.

            He jumped, causing his hand to stray across the paper. “Ya! Why did you have to do that for?”

            You laughed and scooched next to him. “Explain this to me. Why are you drawing me like some sort of a super model?”

            Daehyun blushed and pulled out another quick sketch he had done previously. “Look, don’t you think this muscle man looks a bit like me?”

            You smiled slyly at him. “Don’t try to change the subject. I’m starting to think you like me.” You meant it as a joke so you were surprised to see his face slowly turn pink.

            “Uh, I think this is how you look like,” he defended himself. “It’s just a little embarrassing having the subject catch you when you’re in the state of a masterpiece. Gosh.” Daehyun flipped his bangs off his face and pretended to be offended. “It would have been done before you moved out of the frame and totally distracted me.”

            You placed your chin in your hands and blinked at him. “Want to draw me like this?” It was fun teasing Daehyun.

            He moved backwards a little. “Hold still.” Having his watchful eyes sweep over you made you blush and you felt a slow heat burn in your face. He seemed to be drinking in every one of your details and his hands moved carefully, sometimes furiously over the paper, sometimes gently shading in a shadow or two.

            When he was done, he showed it to you shyly. You saw your own face staring back at you, but with a hint of something more beautiful, more fantastical. “Wow,” you breathed. “It’s beautiful.”

            “Just like you,” he replied and met your smile with his own.

 

this is for exoticshawol101

To everyone who asked if AJ was really in my psychology class, yes he is. I'll see if he's there tomorrow to see if he dropped it or not. But he's a psych major so it makes sense that he would stay. 

Sorry the stories are a little lacking. School's picking up and I'm sort of rushing to update...