Yongguk 121

B.A.P. Oneshots III

He flipped through the pages with his heart at his throat. Every page, he saw something, be it a picture of a description, that matched the name of the person closest to him, the person who he has known all his life. At the last page, over the gigantic blown up picture was his own face staring back at him: Bang Yongnam- Most Wanted.

            He bit his tongue and wondered what had changed so much between them. When they were young, they did everything together. It was always the Bang twins and nobody could tell them apart until one spoke, and the other didn’t. Yongnam would call the shots and Yongguk would show his assent or dissent by either listening or just simply not doing it.

            Yongguk couldn’t exactly pinpoint where and when they had parted ways but it had happened. Different interests arose and so did different personalities. Yongguk decided to pursue a career that dealt with his sense of justice, and Yongnam, well, he disappeared.

            It was obvious to Yongguk that he had fallen into a bad crowd when some days his brother would leave the house without a word at odd times in the night. He would come back and sometimes vomiting over the floor and bleeding everywhere and it was Yongguk who had to clean him up. Yongguk asked a few questions but he never received an answer.

            He could see the change in Yongnam. His twin was getting bigger and stronger and more menacing. The look was in the eyes. Both of them had chocolate brown eyes but where Yongguk’s were softer, Yongnam’s had a hard glint to them, and that scared Yongguk. His twin was getting inked, but unlike his inspirational words, they were of skulls and bleeding hearts.

            They grew up and each had their own lives. Yongguk studied hard and was recruited by the federal justice department. He ranked number one in all the tests and weaponry skills. They no longer heard from Yongnam. When they did, he was in jail. It was not unexpected but it tore the family apart. They asked him how and why because twins meant that they knew everything about one another, right?

            They visited Yongnam in jail and by then, Yongguk didn’t recognize his older twin. He was hardened and cynical and when the family went into the visitation room, he ignored them. It broke his mother’s heart but it angered Yongguk. He no longer recognized the boy who had been his voice when they were children.

            More years past and Yongguk’s profession took a turn to the darker side. He made justice his focus still but he wanted to bring them down. He wanted to see them gone, one hundred percent. So he went underground. If Yongnam could do it, so could he.

            And now, here he was, presented with the one case he knew he could never do. Yongguk swallowed and read the file. Yongnam was wanted for murders of high level officials. So he had turned to being a murderer as well. Yongguk tapped the file against his palm. It would be his most difficult trial but he had to detach. Bang Yongnam was just another person hazardous to the survival of their nation, just another petty criminal. He was no longer his brother.

            It was difficult tailing him. He covered his traces well and Yongnam had enough connections to ensure that he was well-protected. So Yongguk did the one thing he had tried to disconnect from. He pulled the brother card.

            “As family, don’t you think we should see each other again?” Yongguk had offered over the phone.

            He could hear the sneer in the voice so like his own. “I don’t think so.”

            “Just once, to reminisce about old times,” Yongguk cajoled.

            He heard the click of a gun on the other side. “Weapons allowed,” his brother conceded.

            “Accepted.”

            So that was what it was. They were to duel it out. Of course Yongnam would know that his purpose wasn’t exactly a reunion. Yongguk went prepared. He didn’t hide anything. His gun was in its holster right by his belt, easily within reach.

            Yongnam was a black shadow when he stepped into the old warehouse. “Nice place to meet for the last time,” he chuckled. “We met first in the womb and now it’s in another dark, trapped place. What are you going to do when you kill me, Yongguk?”

            It was the first time he has been called that by his brother and Yongguk started. They had simultaneously drawn their guns and it was clear that only one would live. Yongnam shrugged and stretched out his arms. “Go ahead and kill me. Press that trigger.”

            Yongguk stared at his twin, at the mirror of himself, but twisted, so different. He lowered the gun and immediately, the bullet went to the barrel of Yongnam’s gun. “Don’t put your weapon down. Finish your job, little bro.”

            His breath caught in his throat and Yongguk dropped his arm. Yongnam cocked his eyebrow but kept his gun in the air nonetheless. “What? Family sentiments won’t allow you to kill your dear twin brother?”

            There was another pause and Yongnam shot. The bullet seemed to travel at slow motion. Yongguk closed his eyes and within seconds shots rang out in the warehouse. He watched as the bullet that was intended for him sweep past him and thousands more rain down on his brother.

            Blood squirted everywhere and Yongnam coughed feebly as he stared up at Yongguk. He gave an acknowledging nod of the head. “See you, little brother,” he coughed as men in uniform ran in and more blood poured from his mouth.

            Yongguk stood there and stared before biting his tongue and walking away. Bang Yongnam: Most Wanted, could be crossed off the list. 

 

 

this is for Babyz236

I hope you guys enjoy @_@