Jongup 109

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            If grown, young adult men can whimper like puppies, Jongup would currently be doing so. He tried not to let his emotions show as he waved goodbye to the vision on his screen and shut off his laptop, curling onto his side into a much needed self-consolation moment.

            The peace did not last long, before one of s came barging in. “Ya, Jongup, you okay?”

            He groaned inwardly. Of course it would be Himchan-Hyung. He chose the route he normally went; he kept quiet and only tried to concentrate his focus on the imaginary warmth he was picturing in his arms.

            “Were you talking to her just then?”

            Jongup lifted an eye. How did his hyung always hit jackpot? The older man’s catlike lips furled into a pleased smile. “We’ll be back in two days. And then you can spend all your next week with her.”

            “Don’t remind me.” Jongup rolled over on his stomach and allowed his emotions to slip in a rare confession. “I already can barely get through the next two days.”

            “What’s wrong with Hyung?” he heard the maknae ask from across the room.

            “Just missing Noona,” Youngjae replied.

            “But they talk every day.”

            And, God forgive him but he would murder Youngjae if he could, Youngjae smirked, looking up right at where Jongup was sitting. “Oh he needs a different sort of loving than that.”

            Before Jongup got himself a girlfriend, he would never have thought of himself to be a touchy person. But now, he realized that there was a warmth and comfort to have someone to hold, to feel another person’s heartbeat against his and to squeeze gently and feel reciprocation. The longing for physical touch intensified when he was away, naturally, but unlike his other members who could allow themselves to be distracted by the concert, each show and each night without her only amplified the pure need to feel her again.

            Unlike Youngjae’s insinuations, Jongup’s desire was purely innocent; he was more than happy to curl up with her in his arms and fall asleep smelling her crisp shampoo. He let out a tiny pout and walked into the showers to try and clear his mind of his longing.

            The last day of the concert could not come fast enough. Even though it was always fun on stage, once the last bows were taken, his mind went straight to planning. They were going out for dinner. That was a good two hour distraction. And then there was wrapping up the night and finally, getting on the early plane back home. Home, to where his heart was.

            Jongup walked out of the showers, refreshed and ready to face the next twelve hours. There was suddenly darkness as two cool hands slid around the back of his head and covered his eyes. The reaction was immediate. His nose caught the light familiar fragrance and even though it was highly unlikely, Jongup’s life was a testament that the impossible can become possible.

            A smile automatically came over his face and he felt his heart still despite the leap of anticipation. He was finally at peace. He didn’t even need the, “Guess who?” to know who it was.

            Jongup twisted in her arms and lifted his girlfriend up by her waist, relishing in the squeal of laughter she rewarded him. “Surprised?” she asked when he placed her down.

            Immediately, he dropped a kiss on her forehead. “I missed you so much.”

            Her eyes were twinkling as she responded, “I know. Your hyungs told me.”

            It didn’t embarrass him one bit that they, probably mostly Himchan, had given him away. Jongup was quiet about his affection but he definitely wasn’t shy about doling it out to her when he felt that she would appreciate it. Her hand found his but he wanted more. He hugged her, feeling her heart beat against his ribs and inhaled her scent. For a good minute it was just the two of them until chaos hit.

            The other members tore through the doors, each rubbing at their wet hair. They gave exclamations of happiness at seeing her and it was soon decided that they would go to dinner together. Never once, not even when they piled into the car, did Jongup allow them to separate. She took his clinginess in stride, interacting with the other members for him and giving him the peace he needed to savor.

            At the restaurant, he sat her on his lap and obediently opened his mouth whenever she turned to feed him the food.

            “Ay, Jongup, you should at least allow her to eat comfortably.”

            He ignored Daehyun’s admonishing and instead, buried his face into her shoulder. They were in a private room. There was nothing to fear. His heart warmed when she shook her head. “It’s alright. Jongup’s being well fed anyway, and I’m just happy being here with you all.”

            Of course it would be his girlfriend who understood him. Jongup stole a look at Yongguk-Hyung. Their leader only smiled a light smile, and nobody else said anything else. Jongup squeezed his arms tighter around her waist, hoping to convey his happiness.

            That night, Himchan artfully pushed his way into Yongguk’s room. “Bbang! It’s been a while since we’ve shared a bed. How about we relive old times? One more time before the tour ends?”

            His girlfriend laughed. “Himchan-Oppa is so considerate.”

            Jongup gave a brief nod and said nothing, opting to push open the door to their room and locking the rest of the world out instead. Once they were alone, she flopped onto the bed and patted the empty spot next to her. “Come here, Uppie.”

            He followed and laid his head on her lap. “Thank you for coming all this way,” he told her. Her fingers gently his head and he closed his eyes, reveling in the sheer comfort of her presence.

            “Of course. You know that the days when you’re gone are so empty and it’s been a good two months. I miss you so much. An eight hour plane ride is nothing.”

            He placed a kiss on her knee. Her free hand trailed down to his side and he held onto it tightly. Jongup took in a deep breath. “Should we get ready to go sleep?”

            At her affirmation, he shifted so that one of his arms was below her head. “I hope your arm doesn’t go numb,” she smiled. He shook his head, impatient for her to lie down. The moment her head hit his arm, he wrapped the other around her, pulling her into his chest. Their legs naturally curled around the others and he planted a kiss on the back of her head.

            “I love you, Uppie,” she whispered.

            He responded by holding her closer, spanning his hand open so she could lay hers on top of it. Her fingers the back of his hand in a soothing rhythm. Jongup closed his eyes and allowed himself to fall into the deepest sleep he has had since the tour began. That night, he dreamed of happy things and peace.

 

This was requested! Ah fluffy, clingy Jonguppie ♥

Also thank you to those who wanted a continuation of the Yongguk mafia story. I'm already planning it in my head haha