Daehyun 141

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            The water drops sprayed three feet into the air and splattered on you and the table. “Oppa! That’s gross.”

            “You like who?” Your older brother was giving you a bug-eyed, incredulous stare.

            You blushed, mentally kicking yourself for even thinking you could rely on Daehyun. You whispered the name of one of his fellow members again and once more, your older brother fainted into a swoon.

            “Well, it could be worse. It could have been Youngjae.”

            “Ya,” you snapped. “Youngjae Oppa is my bias, okay.”

            Daehyun rolled his eyes. “You have me, your handsome, talented older brother all ready for you to fan girl over in your home, and you go ahead and choose some pineapple head for your favorite? For shame, child, for shame.”

            “The pineapple era was five years ago, get over it.” But then you softened your tone. Despite his initial surprise, you knew your brother would never refuse to help you get what, or in this case, who, you wanted. “But Oppa, you know, you are always my favorite. It’s just I can’t exactly say my brother is my bias. That would be nepotism.”

            Daehyun narrowed his eyes. “Cut it. I know you’re just trying to use me to get into Jongup’s pants.” At those words, he let out another shudder. “Please do not do any hanky panky stuff in the dorm. Junhong is still a boy. And I am literally right next door.”

            “Ya!” You hit him on the arm and tried to cough away your embarrassment.

            “Wait, but why is your bias not Jongup?”

            You fought the urge to smack him again. Sometimes your brother really had a one-track mind. “Because a bias is more someone you admire and look up to, but Jongup-Oppa is boyfriend material.”

            Your brother choked on his sandwich. “Oh believe me. I’ve lived with the kid for six years. He is definitely not boyfriend material. Didn’t you watch our interviews, and every time we were asked which member we would introduce our little sisters to, nobody ever picked anyone? Do you think that maybe there was a reason behind that?”

            Ignore, ignore. He was just being immature. You took in a deep breath and lowered the corners of your eyes. You let your lower lip slide past your upper into a pout. “Won’t you help me and tell me what he likes, Oppa?”

             “That’s easy. You know he likes anime and sleeping and hamburgers.”

            “That’s generic fan stuff. Please dish on the real things. Like what type of girls does he like?”

            “Older, tall and sophisticated.”

            You stomped your foot. “Are you going to make me live forever alone?”

            Daehyun sighed and patted the seat next to him. “Alright. If my little baby sister insists, I will tell you the way into Jongup’s heart.”

            You brightened and sidled next to your older brother. You placed your chin in your hands and stared up at him, waiting for his instruction.

            He saw the eager hopefulness in your eyes and shook his head a little. “Moon Jongup is a very simple man. He knows what he wants and goodness knows what he’s thinking half the time. But he has his likes and dislikes, and isn’t very easily swayed. He likes a girl who is okay going along with 4-Dness but also sometimes has the conviction to tell him to snap out of it. Surprisingly, he will take the lead when he wants to do something, so I think if he likes you, he will definitely plan dates.”

            Your brother paused when he saw your bright eyes suddenly become crestfallen. “What’s wrong?”

            “What if he never thought of me as anything but a little sister? What if I’m completely off limits because I’m your sister?”

            You expected Daehyun to agree with you. Instead, he looked almost apprehensive. “Well we do talk when we’re in the dorm you know. And you came up quite a few times in passing.” There was a short silence. “And he never gave any outright indication, but he does seem quite interested whenever I talk about anything related to what you like.”

            There was a moment when your heart skipped a few beats too many. “We’re going to be going to a fan sign tomorrow. Do you want to come along?”

            Suddenly you were shy. “No, that would be weird. And besides the other oppas would be there.”

            “So? You’ve hung out with us before.”

            “But now you know and it’ll be different. It’s going to be too obvious.”

            Daehyun chuckled and ruffled your hair. “How about in three days? We have no schedules and I can find a way to leave Jongup at home alone?”

            “You won’t just leave me there with him?”

            “Hey, do you want to get a chance to get closer or not?”

            Of course your brother had a point. But you were genuinely nervous. He seemed to be able to tell. “Alright, tonight I’m going to hunt a little and see how he feels okay?”

            “You might as well tell him I like him.” You mumbled. You were torn. It was easier to just let your brother do it. But you also wanted to put in effort on your part.

            “Come over and play video games. He’ll like that. Youngjae is too competitive and the rest of us don’t really play. He is always looking for a partner. Start from there.”

            This was the best idea Daehyun had given you the entire night. Video games you could do. “And he does quite like hamburgers so if you showed up with some, I think that would make him fall for you for sure.”

            “I thought I said those were fan facts?”

            “Doesn’t mean it isn’t true.”

            You gave your brother a look and he shrugged. “I’m going to be heading back. You just keep thinking about whether you want to stan the right man, or if you’re going to be lost forever.”

            “Go on home.” You aimed a kick at him and he waggled his fingers before disappearing out the door.

            Later that night, you were toweling dry your hair when your phone lit up with a call. It was Daehyun. “Hello?” You put the phone on speaker. There was no response. Instead, you heard static. There was another scratch and you were about to hang up. This was not the first time he had pocket dialed you.

            And then you heard another familiar voice that had you remove the hovering finger from the end button. “Yeah Hyung?”

            There was a sound as you imagined your brother shifting onto Jongup’s bed. “So, are you ready to confess tomorrow?”

            “Stop it. You’re making me more nervous.”

            “Hey, I’m handing my most precious little sister to you. How dare you be so flippant about it? You are supposed to be confident. You’re supposed to be able to handle the big brother. How else would I trust you?”

            Your heart caught in your throat. You were not hearing wrong. This was most definitely what you thought it was. Was Daehyun talking to Jongup about you?

            “Hyung, does she like me?” The question was asked softly, with a hesitance that tugged at your heart strings.

            Yes! You wanted to shout but instead you shook your leg, anxious for your brother to respond.

            “I’d like to take her to the optometrist to get her eyes checked.”

            “Hyung!” You giggled to yourself. Even Jongup had his limits and could be thoroughly annoyed at your brother too. It was official. Jung Daehyun was the most annoying person on earth.

            “Just make sure you treat her well tomorrow. I’ll be a phone call away if you do anything to hurt her. And don’t forget, I live next door. So don’t even try to think about doing any funny business. She is not allowed to stay in the dorm overnight unless it is in my room and you are to maintain a respectful distance between the two of you.” There was a shuffle and then a yelp. “Oh shoot. I forgot to charge my phone.” And then there was a dull click as whatever shenanigans was going on in the B.A.P dorm was once more closed to you.

            Your heart rate was up. Yes, your brother did spoil Jongup’s surprise but you knew that he did it because he knew you well. If you weren’t sure, you would make a fool of yourself tomorrow. But with the anticipation that the person you have been admiring feels the same way about you made you more relaxed, ironically.

            You took your phone and opened up the chat. Your brother was still online. You scrolled through the endless emojis and found one you have never sent Daehyun before. The message was read immediately and you laughed at the reply you received.

            It was Daehyun blowing you a kiss, just like the emoji, and then quickly panning over to Jongup’s back as he was clearly hard at work planning the now not so secret date tomorrow.

 

This is for xiumin120801

Thank you for always supporting me. I hope you enjoyed the tiny glimpse of an annoying/not so annoying Dae Oppa 

I will have more stories coming!