Daehyun 136

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            It had taken a lot of coaxing and body wiggling on his part, but Daehyun finally managed to get you to get up out of bed and be human with him. He glanced over his shoulder at you and let out a gentle smile. “You are absolutely stunning.”

***

“Baby, it’s our honeymoon. You can’t spend it sleeping all day.”

            “Yes I can,” you mumbled as you pulled the covers over your face, hoping plain obstinacy would be enough to deter your newly-wed husband. The two of you had landed in Hawaii just the night before and jetlag, as well as other unmentionable nighttime activities, had kept you from properly sleeping.

            “If you don’t get up in three, I’m going to have to resort to the Tickle War.”

            The Tickle War was a game the two of you had invented and you knew Daehyun had new ways of torturing you up his sleeve. Your foggy brain weighed the pros and cons and finally, with a reluctant sigh, you allowed the blanket to uncover your face.

            “Give me three good reasons why I should get up.”

            Daehyun grinned and knelt on the bed, inching his way over to you. “One,” he began, lifting his finger as he came closer, “you get to be with me. Two, you get to be with me. Three, it’s our honeymoon.”

            “I don’t think the first two reasons are distinct ones. And also, it does not logically follow that in order to be with you, I have to get out of bed. The same conclusion goes for your third, no, second reason.”

            He groaned as he rocked back on his heels. “Days like this I wonder why I married a lawyer.”

            You grinned and stuck out your tongue. “Because you love me.”

            The statement was uttered as a joke, a comeback that stated the obvious. But Daehyun’s face took on a dreamy smile as he reached out to lace your fingers together. “Yes, I do. I do love you.” You reveled in the romance until he let out a grunt and pulled you upwards. “And that is why you are going to get up and join me.”

            By now all pretense of sleep has gone and you rolled your eyes. “Fine, fine. But tonight I’m sleeping early.”

            Daehyun was on the floor now, his hand still interlaced with yours as he helped you steady yourself. With another gentle tug, he managed to have you tumble into his arms and he whispered against your hair, “Sweetheart, you said that last night too.”

            Blushing profusely at his comment, you pushed him away and cleared your throat. “How about you give me some time to get dressed and look presentable?”

            “Or how about I accompany you while you do that?” he asked while wiggling his eyebrows. But he did as you asked, blowing you a kiss as he stepped out of the room.

            When you stepped out of the bathroom, you saw Daehyun standing right outside the door. He had changed into a black and white dress shirt and was leaning against the wall. “You ready to go?”

            You glanced down at the sweatshirt dress you had thrown on. “Is this okay? It is the first official day of our honeymoon. Do you want me going outside looking like a slob?”

            “I don’t think you look like a slob. If anything, seeing you dressed like this makes me not want to leave. I’d rather have the dress off you.” He said all of it with a straight face, not even smiling when he saw you fluster. Daehyun held his hand out. “Let’s go, sweetie.”

            The weather, despite the island’s reputation, was slightly foggy and a chilly breeze blew past you. You shivered and your husband noticed. Immediately, Daehyun’s face fell. “I’m sorry. I wish the weather could be better. It’s like we chose the worst weekend to come visit.”

            Seeing his disappointment broke your heart a little and you hooked your arm through his. “Baby, I love this weather.”

            His eyebrows remained furrowed. “I know you do, but I wanted it to be sunny and warm for our honeymoon.”

            You leaned your head against his arm. “What could be better than going to a beautiful place, experiencing my favorite weather, with the person I love the most?”

            Your words were working and a small smile broke over Daehyun’s face. “I love you.”

            Even though the two of you have been together for four years, he never tired of slipping in sweet words. Sometimes you were embarrassed, and would dismiss them, but today was about the two of you and you were going to take them in stride.

            “Where are we going?”

            The two of you have trekked towards the shore only to take a sharp turn and headed back towards the road. The ground was rocky and you were focused on where you were placing your feet to avoid falling.

            “Somewhere magical.”

            You looked up at Daehyun. He was holding onto your hand, guiding you, and at that moment, he had looked back at you. The wind whipped through your hair and you groaned. Here you were, feeling like a mess, when he was so put together. His hair was slightly overgrown into his eyes but the gentle smile on his face distracted you. His black and white dress shirt ruffled in the breeze and you stared at the hand that you were holding. A surge of pride came over you as you saw the wedding band on his finger. Here was perfection, and he was yours.

            “You are absolutely stunning,” he murmured.

            The compliment caught you off guard. Daehyun chuckled at your reaction and walked a step closer. His fingers tucked your hair behind your ear. “Yes, you, silly. Every time I look back at you, I realize how lucky I am.” He bent down and kissed you softly on the forehead. “Come, we still have a little longer to go.”

            When you walked up to the wall separating the beach from the road, Daehyun clambered over it easily and turned around to pick you up with both hands. He set you down gently and you continued to follow his lead.

            The road turned a corner and a section of it went into the forest. With the fog settling softly on the branches, the entire lush surrounding seemed to be a setting out of a fairy tale. You walked until you heard the soft rushing of water in the distance. There was light and the two of you emerged into a clearing. The expanse of green was softly rounded out by a tiny waterfall across the pond.

            In the middle of the grass was a red and white checkered blanket with a picnic basket. Your husband peered at you from behind his bangs to see your reaction. “How did you plan this?” You could not recall a time when he had been gone from you. After all, you had just arrived the night before.

            Daehyun sat down on the blanket and sat you on his lap. His eyes crinkled with unsuppressed happiness. It was clear from your expression that you were pleasantly surprised. His thumb rubbed circles on your palm before he leaned in to take your lips with his. His free hand cupped your cheek to deepen the kiss. It was only when you broke apart, that he replied, but not with an answer to your question. “I love you.” 

 

♥ Hi all! This picture gave me a million and one feels and I just had to write something 

Hope everyone is doing well!