Zelo 86

B.A.P. Oneshots III

            The familiar guitar strings strummed the opening and you settled into your position. You had your eyes closed to recall from memory what you had to do. You admired Jongup for his amazing choreography skills and when the beat dropped, you started to dance. The song was a little slow at first, making it easy to follow the beat but the moment Youngjae started singing, you were lost.

            You paused and then sat down, watching the practice video again. The moves were easy enough but following the footwork was hard. If you could only perform with the top half of your body…

            You stood, having memorized the moves and settled back into the starting angel position. The chords played and you started to dance. You did well, reaching the chorus when you promptly forgot that this was the first chorus, and not the other one. It was Daehyun, and not Youngjae singing.

            With another sigh of frustration, you restarted. This time, the doors to the practice room opened and you jumped. You technically wasn’t supposed to be there as you weren’t a trainee but the secretary downstairs knew you and let you in.

            “Here you are!”

            It was your boyfriend and suddenly, you wished that the music would just magically stop. The beat thudded around the two of you and Zelo smiled. “Do you like our song this much?”

            “Yeah,” you responded, hoping he wouldn’t ask about the sheen of sweat on your forehead. “I told you, this is probably your best song yet, musically.”

            He gave you another sly smile. “And do you quite enjoy the choreography?”

            You blushed. “It’s so hard, Zelo! How did you guys learn it? What was wrong with you and Jongup when you thought of it?”

            He laughed out loud and took your hand. “Come, let’s do it together.”

            He resumed the angel position that Jongup did and you followed him. Without the music, Zelo taught you the duet solo in the intro and fixed you when your footwork messed up a little. “You need to cross your legs like this, and then your arms out.”

            When you spun a little early, he laughed and nicely told you the direction you were supposed to go. “You turn in, and remember it’s during Himchan-Hyung’s lines.”

            Under Zelo’s guidance, you were able to get the moves correct for the most part. When it came to the angel rising part, you joked around, “Can’t I just be Daehyun and sing?”

            He poked you. “Don’t be a lazy . Come on!”

            He hummed the part of the chorus and you jumped with him, landing gracefully before losing control of the footwork. “Wait, I got confused,” you pouted.

            Zelo came up behind you and touched your legs. “Come on, you move this leg, and then cross it over with the other.” Somehow, you moved too quickly and the two of you became slightly tangled together.

            You blushed and he nuzzled your neck. “I’d teach you “Body and Soul” too but I think if the hyungs walked in on us, they’d misunderstand.”

            You pushed him off and scowled. “I never took you for the y type.”

            He shrugged and resumed the starting position again. “Hey your boyfriend is just filled with surprises.”

            He started the music on your laptop and this time, you were one hundred percent concentrated. You danced Jongup’s role and was always amazed by Zelo’s flexibility as he bent over backwards smoothly. He shot you a brief grin as he sprung back up and you started moving next to him.

            Somehow, having Zelo next to you allowed you to concentrate better. It felt right to sometimes look at him and see what he was doing, coordinating your moves with his. You mouthed the lyrics as you went along, thoroughly enjoying the experience.

            When the song ended with Zelo’s little solo, he turned around without warning and pulled you into him, bending you down, singing the words to you. Your face turned red and you blinked at him, smiling hugely as he leaned in to kiss you.

            When he pulled away, the two of you were breathless and you heard slow clapping from behind you. You straightened and turned to the door to see the other members gathered there, grinning at you guys.

            “That was cute.”

            Zelo’s ears turned a fiery red. “Did you see us dance the whole thing?” he asked.

            “No,” Daehyun replied, “but we saw the adorable little finale, and I think that was all that was worth watching anyway.”

 

this is for AnimeKitty