MUTE?

Speak

CHAPTER TWO
MUTE?
Dedicated to:
Phantasiasgx
Your comment made my day! 


Daehyun fiddled with the pencil in his hand and stared at his pile of neglected homework. He'd never been good at school work, but this weekend he could even get a single math equation done. The reason was simple yet complicated: YuKwon. The boy had occupied the whole of Daehyun's mind and it was near impossible for him to focus on anything else. There was one feature in particular that Daehyun continuously kept visualising in front of him- Yukwon's eyes. They looked so damn innocent but at the same time, as if they'd seen more than they should have. It seemed like behind those orbs, there was a completely broken soul. The poor boy.

Or was he imagining it?

Daehyun groaned in frustration and threw the pencil at the wall, causing the graphite to break. He covered his face with his hands as he realised it was highly unlikely for him to get any homework done without some kind of help or motivation. So the teen took his phone out of the charger and searched his contacts that were marked as 'Favourite'.

"Dae?"
"Hey, Himchan! Are you busy?" Daehyun crossed his fingers wishing his best friend was free at the time.
"Umm... not really. Let me guess: You want me to come over and help you with your homework which you, like always, leave until the last moment. Am I right or am I right?" The older sounded unimpressed, somewhat bored of the repetitive situation.
"You got it hyung~" Himchan sighed.
"Just give me twenty."

As promised, twenty minutes later Daehyun's long-time friend Himchan arrived in purple skinny jeans and a graphic t-shirt with a galaxy design accompanied with black earrings, a black beaded bracelet, and red converses- he was always a bit of a fashionista.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself."

Himchan rolled his eyes but smiled, giving Daehyun a bro hug that might have lasted a nanosecond longer on Himchaan's side than it should have. The older male took a seat on his friend's bed whereas the said friend returned back to his study desk which was trashed with homework, pieces of paper, and random articles of empty food containers. Himchan instantly tutted at the sight and made his way to the desk.

"Alright, so first of all, you gotta clean up this mess. 'Cause there ain't no way in hell anyone could study at this garbage can of a desk."


 

It was the most fretted time of the week: Monday morning. Daehyun’s parents were both away on a working trip for about two months meaning he was obligated to resort to most hated object ever in existence- the alarm clock. The boy grudgingly got up while muttering a string of curses at the damned torture machine and made his way to the bathroom.

Half an hour later and the teen was grabbing his school bag, ready to leave for school. He opened the front door and Himchan was already waiting at the door step.

“Hurry up, will you? Oh, and good morning.” Himchan greeted...well, sort of.
“You’re meant to say good morning before telling me to hurry.”
“Yeah, yeah whatever.” The older made a dismissive gesture with his hand and took off, leaving Daehyun behind to catch up with him. 

The two friends caught up with each other, eventhough they had met up the previous day. Daehyun and Himchan babbled away- Daehyun actually did most of the babbling whereas Himchan would tune out every now and then until he found something interesting enough to comment on. It was a weird friendship that the two had formed, but it worked.

Eventually, both students entered the school premises, greeting their other friend, Yongguk. Daehyun had actually met Himchan through Yongguk and the three of them had been close friends ever since. 

"Hey Yongguk, did anything interesting in the weekends?" Daehyun asked.
"Oh, I won this other rap battle. The guys there were really impressive though, seriously." Yongguk answered. "Maybe you guys should come sometime." He suggested. Himchan nodded his head and smiled.
"Sounds cool!" He looked over at Daehyun. "What do you think, Dae?" But Daehyun wasn't paying attention anymore. He had spotted a red blotch from his peripheral line of vision and intantly began squinting his eyes in an effort to make out who this familiar figure was. The more he looked, the more he started to think about the boy he'd been thinking about for the entire weekend. From a distance he couldn't be sure but...it sure looked like Yukwon.

"Hey guys, you go to class first, okay?" said Daehyun, already walking towards his source of curiosity without turning back to say bye to his friends. But he was pulled back by none other than Himchan.
"Hey, hey wait a second there. Where are you going?" He questioned.
"It doesn't matter. I'll see you guys later." The younger pulled out of Himchan's grip and walked on,
"Yah! I sai-" 
"Come on." Yongguk interrupted, placing his hand on Himchan's shoulder and gently pushing him the opposite direction to where Daehyun went off. "We're gonna be late to class." Himchan pouted but did as his friend told him to. Not without glancing back and finding Daehyun walking towards what seemed like a red-haired boy. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

'Hm... I wonder what that's all about.'



As soon as he was sure the boy really was Yukwon, Daehyun decided to surprise him. He expertly creeped his way up behind the red-head like a ninja. When he reached the other teen undetected, he decided to whisper in his ear. 

"Hiya."

He could have sworn Yukwon was a cat in his previous life because how else would he have been able to jump that high? Yukwon held his hands closely to his chest in a protective manner and clenched his eyes shut, refusing to look up. Daehyun immediately regretted his actions; he didn't mean to scare the poor boy.
"Hey...hey I'm sorry. I just wanted to surprise you. It's me, Daehyun. You remember me, right?" Upon hearing the name, Yukwon cautiously opened his eyes and lifted his face to find that it was indeed that boy from the Youth Centre. Yukwon blinked. "..You forgot who I am, didn't you?" Daehyun pouted in disappointment. Yukwon shook his head at him. He didn't forget him at all! In fact, unbeknowest to Daehyun, he was all that had occupied his mind for the past few days. 

Daehyun grinned. So Yukwon remembered him? He didn't know why it made him so happy but it just did. Daehyun was about about ask the younger why he was within the school premises but before he could utter a single word, a middle-aged man in reasonably fancy clothes approached the two males. Daehyun recognised him as the guy he'd seen with Yukwon the other day.

"Is this boy bothering you?" The man asked Yukwon, who shook his his head in response. "Good." He turned to Daehyun. "I'm Steve Lee by the way. Have I seen you before?" Daehyun shook the Steve's hand and introduced himself.
"I'm Jung Daehyun, nice to meet you! And yeah, at the Youth Centre where I met Yukwon." The man nodded in approval.
"So.. are you friends with Yukwon then?" Daehyun and Yukwon exchanged looks before Yukwon shyed away.
"Well.. we only just met. But I would love to get to know him better." Daehyun smiled brightly.
"It doesn't bother you that he's mute?"
"Mute?" Daehyun had noticed how Yukwon hadn't uttered a single word to him since they met, yet he figured it wa just because he was shy. But mute? As in.. he doesn't speak at all?
"Yeah. Well anyways, we gotta go to the principle's office right now, and you should probably be getting to class. Let's go Yukwon." Yukwon looked at Daehyun, smiled adorably, and waved at him before turning around and following after Steve.
"Bye, Yukwonnie!" Daehyun yelled, making the younger blush at his nickname. "Better get to class." He muttered to himself after watching Yukwon leave.

The last thought that crossed his mind before he began stressing about being late was,

'He looks cute in a uniform.'


A/N: Oh. My GOD guys I'm SO sorry I didn't mean to update so late T-T Life just happens, you know? But! I made a poster :D Do y'all like it?

Also! Everyone seen BTS Danger? My feelzzz omg omg holy . Rapmon's rap. Jungkook's rap. SUGA'S RAP my heart can't even deal with this perfection *Spazzzeess*

SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT and UPVOTE s'il vous plait, jebal?

CPC