Dinner For Two

Dinner For Two - Myungsoo

The lights from the city twinkled and sparkled against the ebony canvas, lights of cars highlighted the roads while the lights from the buildings shot up in the sky creating a piece of artwork that couldn’t be recreated by art. Moving your eyes from the large windows, you slowly walked over to the closet once you heard, your husband, Myungsoo turn on the water in the shower.

Pushing open the door, you looked through the clean clothes that hung down from the hangers, looking at your side of the closet; you really couldn’t find anything that looked comfy to wear. Turning on your heels, you looked at Myungsoo’s side of the closet. All of his clothes were neatly organized by color, from light to dark. Cocking one of your legs gently, you tapped your lips while your eyes scanned his shirts, finding a white shirt that he never wore anymore, due to its small size. You carefully pulled the shirt from the hanger, taking off your work clothes, you carefully hung them up for tomorrow before you pulled Myungsoo’s white shirt over your bare shoulders.

Fiddling with the buttons, you managed to button all of them up besides the top two or three, rolling up the sleeves; you happily released your hair from the horrible up do that you were required to wear for work. Running your fingers through your silky, freshly washed hair, you loosely tied it over one of your shoulders as you made your way downstairs.

Slowly walking down the stairs, your stomach growled, one of your hands pressed against your stomach and gripped the fabric over your abdomen just in an attempt to silence the hungry organ. Padding over into the kitchen, you pulled the refrigerator open and the light flooded over your face, while you tried to find something to eat. Looking in the pantry next, you placed one hand on your hip while you searched for something that sounded good to eat.

The water from the shower shut off, turning your head up to look at the bedroom door, you bit your lip wondering if Myungsoo was hungry too. Finding some canned soup, you pulled out the two cans and put them in a large bowl together, adding water to hydrate the soup, you placed it inside of the microwave. Covering the bowl with a paper towel, closing the door and punching in the right code to reheat the soup, you busied yourself with finding some bread to dip into the broth of the soup.

Myungsoo watched you move around the kitchen, his hand gently rubbing a towel over his hair, listening to the microwave hum with heat and you trying to reach up to grab the bread on top of the refrigerator, he just chuckled at your cuteness. Letting his eyes gently travel over your evening attire, he walked down the stairs as his heart started beating faster. With you raised on the tips of your toes, the bottom of his white shirt lifted just slightly to show off more of your beautiful legs, with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow but then sliding down your arm since they were still too big for you caused blush to creep up onto his cheeks.

Trying to still reach the bread, you felt something come behind you, when you saw another hand next to yours effortlessly grab the half eaten loaf and bring it down so that you could reach it easier, you followed the familiar muscular arm to his shoulder, his veins slightly pushing against his skin while he looked down at you with those big brown eyes of his.

“Thank you” You squeaked softly, his body heat radiating from his and through the thin shirt as you looked at him with shy eyes.

“You’re welcome” He leaned down and gently kissed your cheek, letting his lips linger on your soft skin for a few seconds while his other hand softly rested on your hip.

“What are we eating for dinner?” He questioned after a slight silence grew between you

“Soup and bread” You replied moving away from him to grab some bowls for the two of you.

“Ah I see” He nodded, leaning back against the countertop, he watched you as his thumbs drummed against the edge of the countertop.

The beeping of the timer sounded, you walked over and carefully took out the soup, placing it on the countertop below. Stirring it carefully, you tasted it cautiously making sure that it was warm enough to eat. Ladling out two even portions for Myungsoo and you, carefully carrying over his bowl, you placed it on the counter top beside him. Going back for yours, you brought over two slices of bread, one for him and the other for you.

“Thank you” He smiled and stirred his soup around with his spoon

“Sorry we couldn’t have something nicer to eat” You mumbled softly

“Don’t worry about it, food is food” Myungsoo told you while his hand gently brushed against your fingers and up your arm a little, causing you to blush.  Picking up a spoonful of soup, he hungrily ate his dinner, making sure that he had a clean bowl. Cleaning his bowl, you slipped your finished bowl into the sink as well; Myungsoo cleaned it and dried it with care as you brushed off the countertops from the crumbs of bread.

Both of you helped return the dishes back to their place, Myungsoo took the bowls and placed them back with the others. Finding yourself trying, yet again, to reach something high up, Myungsoo moved behind you and helped you the rest of the way, placing the bread back where it belonged.

“There you are” He whispered against your ear, his hand slowly wrapping around your hip and resting on your stomach, after putting the bread back, he looked down at you, his other hand wrapping around your waist and resting on your stomach with the other hand.

“Thanks” You replied quietly, butterflies started to appear in your stomach as you felt his arms start to pull you back into his warm, inviting chest.

“Anytime” He whispered even softer against the shell of your ear, slowly you started to turn around in his arms, his eyes locking with yours while your hands started two crawl up his black tank top and around his neck. Your eyes started communicating with his, his hand gently rubbing your lower back and pulling you closer to him.

Leaning in, he started to close the space between your lips and his, your head tilted the other way, while he ghosted his lips over yours. Tilting your head up a little bit, you pressed your lips on his, almost instantly his grip tightened on you, his lips pressed against yours for a small moment before they started to massage yours gently. Following his lead, you brushed your fingers against his exposed skin, causing his heart beat to race and his kiss become more passionate and deep. Snaking his hands to your hips, he lifted you up effortlessly onto the counter, your arms still holding onto him as the kiss didn’t break. Sitting on the edge of the countertop, you pulled Myungsoo closer, one of his hands moving onto your back to support you and to hold you closer to him while his other one let his fingers brush over your exposed skin on your legs.

Falling deeper into the kiss, you melted into his arms, wanting to run his fingers through your hair, he pulled the hair tie out of your hair and dropped it on the counter while his fingertips ran over your scalp. A soft hum escaped your lips as your hands traveled down his muscular arms, his head tilted to the other side to get a better angle with your lips. With his body pressed against yours and your against his, you could feel both of your hearts beat in rhythm with each other, knowing that you were just in love with him as he was in love with you.