Four

It (Lies) In the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Despite these thoughts, when the weekend comes, Jimin ends up texting Yoongi that his friends, once again, invited to him to a freaking frat party thing that he's pretty much forced to go. He tells about how Taehyung and Jungkook are complete shmoozers and bribed their way in (along with company) to a closed party, so it was required that they went for the effort the two put in.

“Please come with me, hyung! I dont wanna be all alone! ;;;;”

“Are you kidding me? Just ditch like the thing in the beginning of the year!”

“I...cant...ditch this time...”

“Why not? It's not like they're gonna keep track of you all night”

“Well...actually...it's because they're counting it as a birthday celebration.”

“Who's?”

“Mines”

Yoongi chokes because holy , how did he miss this. He can't really be surprised that Jimin didn't tell him, but still, why didn't he tell him?

Another text comes in, “My birthday is October 13th, but since I was studying, we didn't celebrate. SO my friends decided to.”

“At a public event...”

“Yeah...”

Now Yoongi definitely has to go. For Jimin.

“Okay, okay, I'll come.”

“Yes omfg thank u so much hyung i ”

I...?

Yoongi stares at the hanging letter of the unfinished message a little longer than he really imagined to, wondering if it was just a quick mistake of the finger or Jimin had deleted something that he ultimately decided against. Something like...

“i love you!”

Yoongi shuts his eyes and throws his phone onto the bed, and then walks away from it as quickly as possible. How dare he imagine (and slightly hope for) something like that (even if it was meant to be platonic(as platonic as I love yous go)).

 

 

“Woah woah woah, Min Yoongi wants to go out to this?” Namjoon animatedly asks a question that really doesn't need to be asked.

“Yes, I said yes! You guys are going to come right?”

Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok are all present, and Yoongi had come over to their apartment (the one Yoongi idiotically declined to sign the contract with) to talk about this situation. It doesn't matter in the end that much because Yoongi has a spare key. He sleeps on Hoseok's separate futon in his room so he can practically live there whenever he wants.

“Are you sure we can come along? I don't even know these kids,” Namjoon says.

“It doesn't matter they can sneak you in too, probably,” Yoongi rolls his eyes.

“Ooh rebel Yoongi,” Seokjin chuckles and for the life of him, Yoongi can't think of a good comeback. It was Jimin's birthday—he promised he'd go, but it'd be nice if he had his friends go too so that he'd look less of a loser. If anything, Yoongi could pull the “socially awkward” card and guilt the three of them into going.

“We were thinking of going clubbing though,” Hoseok grins. “Thank you lord for non-21 clubs.” Hoseok presses his palms together and prays to whatever God that fuels his spirit. Hoseok and Namjoon are Sophomores, Yoongi is a Junior and Jin is a Senior. Only Jin was legal, and Yoongi was the next one up. Being older, they've had their fill of rowdy house parties already.

“But...” Yoongi starts.

“I think it's worth it if the great Min Yoongi is going to this,” Seokjin laughs.

“Is there a specific reason that you really want to go though?” Seokjin adds, raising his eyebrows.

“No! N-no...” Yoongi stammers and he doesn't know why he needs to be this nervous. “No. It's just someone's birthday.”

“Someone's birthday? You have other friends, hyung?” Once Namjoon says it, Hoseok literally starts howling and loudly smacks Namjoon's hand in the air.

“Oh my god...” Yoongi throws his head back exasperatedly. “Forget I said anything. You guys better show up.”

With that, the weekend comes faster than he expected it to, and it's just a couple hours before 10 pm in which Yoongi and his crew will wait at the apartment. Yoongi told Jimin of their whereabouts and Jimin and his friends have made plans to meet up at the apartment. However, he suddenly remembers he didn't get Jimin a gift. Rushing out of his dorm room in search for one, Yoongi quickly texts their group chat saying he might be a little late because of his stupidity.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter