Three

It (Lies) In the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Maybe it was a little crazy, but for the next few days, Yoongi couldn't get the image of Jimin out of his head. He wasn't specifically thinking of explicit things (although he admits it might have popped in his head once because honestly, how good would Jimin's thick lips look wrapped arou—)(He promptly shoves that thought into the deepest abyss of his mind). No, he thinks more about the fact that his pinky finger is pudgier than the rest, how small his hands looked holding the cup of coffee, how soft and cute his eye smile was.

The idea of seeing and referring to Jimin as cute and adorable, especially so quickly, was getting out of hand. He knows he shouldn't be thinking of that towards a friend, let alone a male friend whom he knows to be straight. Yoongi wonders if it would be more reassuring to know that Jimin could possibly like men like he did, but then again he shoves that thought straight down the shower drain. It shouldn't matter.

Even though Yoongi hates to acknowledge the existence of the CS inside of his heart, he's quite thankful nothing glowed. That of course, could mean a few things. Other than not having one to begin with, One, that he didn't feel anything towards Jimin, and he did; two, that Jimin didn't feel anything but he did; or three, neither of them actually liked each other in that way.

He hopes that it isn't the second reason.

 

After midterms are over, the intensity of workload lessens by a lot.

“Do you want to get lunch today?” Yoongi types into his phone, contemplating on what kind of message to send to the kid that he hasn't seen in a week. They had exchanged numbers at the study session, but despite that, they haven't had a decent conversation through text since Jimin was so focused. Therefore, he had wanted to hang out with him again ever since the study session—a week is pretty long, right?

He deletes the message and types, “hey, let's eat together today” like as if it's all casual, but realizes how thirsty it sounds and cringes while pressing the backspace.

“Jiminnie, what are you up to?” Yoongi also cringes at the nickname he's just given Jimin and quickly erases it.

“Are you hungry?”

“What are you in the mood for right now?”

In the end, Yoongi deletes them all and doesn't send a single one, stuffing his head into his pillow. He's so conflicted over the fact that he's conflicted about sending a text.

Then, his phone receives a message of his own; it's almost embarrassing how fast Yoongi opens the message up.

“Hi hyung, do you want to eat together today? I saw there's a new type of pizza at that pizza restaurant and I really really want to try it! Let's go, yeah?”

Right after that, another text comes in.

“Sorry I havent really talked to u since we studied together...but about my exams! Ill tell you how I did when we meet up :3”

Yoongi has to tell himself to wipe his gummy smile off of his face after reading those texts.

“Is this supposed to be a bribe?” Yoongi responds.

“What ttt....

no.......maybe......

don't u wanna know how I did?”

“Nope. I'm sure you did well.” he believes it wholeheartedly because Jimin is such a hardworking person.

“aww hyung dont you miss me?!?!”

“bye” Yoongi starts changing into more presentable clothing.

“ill see u there okkkk lets meet at 5”

He grins at the fact that Jimin assumes he's going to come anyway. Or maybe that was just his way of guilting him into going, that cunning little .

 

Nevertheless, it's obvious that Yoongi does go, and Jimin waves enthusiastically at him once he sees that fashionable man walk in.

Jimin swears he hasn't stalked Yoongi on his Facebook for the past hour, waiting until 5 pm for his hyung, hopefully, to come in. When he does, he can't help but notice how striking Yoongi looks all the time, just like a model.

“Hi!” Jimin greets, getting up. Jimin lifts his hand to high five him or something but he loses all his composure when Yoongi reaches to grab his hand, then bringing him into a quick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter