Monkey

Monkey Love

"Hey"

Ignore him. He'll eventually go away.

"Hey" poke.

Ok, that was annoying, but she was strong. She wouldn't be bothered by--

Poke.

-that stupid--

Poke poke poke poke poke.

-excuse of an--

"Hey"

POKE.

That's it.

"Would you stop that you annoying idiot?!" She almost screamed as she whirled around and glared at that (insufferable, annoying, bothersome) guy who happened to sit right behind her in class. Just her luck, Kwon Jiyong as her damned neighbor.

"Woah, hey, no need to be so temperamental" he says, raising his arms in defense, as if he hadn't been annoying her for the past few minutes with his voice and his poking. Pen in hand and smirk in place, the guy could only look like an innocent little boy for so much longer. "I just wanted to talk." And then that grin appears. The usual evil one.

Told you he couldn't stand looking innocent.

"I don't talk to monkeys" she answers and turns back to the book she's reading. Something about Victorian England and broken hearts, but she can't really tell since the...the primate keeps on breathing down her neck.

He actually places his chin on her shoulder. He has the nerve to do that, that idiot.

"Then just hear me out, I'm pretty sure you can understand monkey language. You know, being a nerd and all."

She ignores his breath on her neck and the subtle musk that meets her nostrils, and decides to shrug off his head from her (because that's the right thing to do, and she was starting to feel heat on her face). "I can't understand you at all" 

She stands up and walks out of the classroom, thanking whoever decided to ring the bell just now, announcing the beginning of lunch break.

Sandara Park didn't do blushing. Especially not in front of that monkey Kwon Jiyong.

------

She's the future president. She's the embodiment of what will become of the feminist movement in Korea. She's a girl with purpose and vision.

She has no time for stupid things and stupid people.

(Neither for animals and their talks)

------

"He wants to sabotage me" she concluded her thoughts out loud. 

"Sabotage? Are you kidding me? the guy pretty much has the hots for you" Bom says with wide eyes and a mouthful of corn. She looks like a hamster, maybe she was one in her past life or something.

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms in front of her chest (because that way she shows she doesn't care) and heaves a sigh before saying "I don't know what you're talking about" because she really doesn't.

"I know you know" her friend says and gulps down her food. "He likes you, he wants your attention. He wants you to notice him" 

"He wants me to learn freaking monkey language!" She exclaims in defense. "How is that not sabotaging?!"

(She pretends she doesn't notice her friend's teasing smile)

------

He's incredibly obvious, actually.

She wasn't one to care, of course.

------

"Hello, love" he approaches her aggressively, which makes any possible competition cower in fear. He's just like that, charming and determined.

And so very annoying.

"Move away" she counters, because she doesn't flirt, and she doesn't like it when someone (him, specifically) attempts to flirt with her.

She would ignore his stupid face if she could, but he was standing just in front of the door that led to their classroom.

And maybe he is either blind or deaf (she'll never know), but he doesn't seem to notice her rejection and keeps on smiling coquettishly at her.

"You're not moving" she states the obvious and glares up at him.

"Oh, so you noticed" he smirks down at her, leaning on the door.

"Why" she asks, and his smile broadens.

"Because I like seeing you mad"

Her frown deepens, and her glare intensifies.

"You are such a kid"

"I like the term monkey more"

(She won't ever admit that she giggled a little inside at that)

"Move over, you clown"

"Oh now I'm a monkey clown? That's great, I see why you're smiling now"

(Because she wasn't)

------

She wants to choke him half of the time and the other half she doesn't know what to do. Not with him. Not with herself.

Maybe she was becoming crazy. Maybe it was an illness.

One that came with monkeys and their disgusting infections.

------

They're in PE and she was forced to be partners with him. 

She's saying she was forced because, even though she had friends in their class and she could perfectly be paired with Mina or Lydia, it had occurred to their teacher that she (and every girl in the class) had to be paired with someone from the opposite , and since everyone uses her and monkey's...daily interactions as a new form of entertainment, no other male in the whole class asked her to be their partner.

And now their ankles are tied by a rope, standing on the starting line of an impromptu race (because the useless PE teacher is a lazy useless PE teacher) and Kwon is enjoying himself too much.

His arm snakes around her waist and he's totally feeling her up.

"You're too close" she says and glares at him. He smirks.

"I know" he gives her side a gentle squeeze making her jump a little.

"Have you no shame?!" 

He stares at her, leans closer to her face, blows on her lips and waits until she's red all over.

"Not when you're like that"

She glares and punches him in the gut just when the race begins.

They end up in last place because he's a ert (her words) and she's too charmed by his looks (definitely his words).

------

And maybe it's just her, but she swears the ill-mannered guy can actually become a gentleman from time to time.

-----

It's three in the afternoon, classes have ended and she's at the gates, ready to go home when he unexpectedly grabs her hand, calling for her attention.

"What is it?" She asks annoyed.

"You're upset" he states.

She is. Things haven't gone well today. Failed a test (she beat herself so much for that), fought with Bom (she didn't even know how, they just did) and had a very serious talk with her father and teachers about her university choice (because clearly, she was too ambitious, and her grades may not be good enough to gain an scholarship at an expensive university. Best way to destroy a student's dreams ever). 

The world came crashing down on her today, and what's worse is that it would metaphorically fall over her now that it seemed it was going to pour cats and dogs and she had no umbrella with her.

Shaking dark thoughts from her head, she sighs and looks at him.

"Don't talk monkey right now, Jiyong" she says tiredly as she pulls her hand from his grasp and starts walking towards her home.

He grabs her hand again.

"It's going to rain" he says lowly and opens the umbrella he had on his other hand. "It's big enough for two"

"You don't even live near me"

He shrugs "I can manage to walk a bit more" he smiles and puts his ram over her shoulders "What matters now is how you get home and that you get there well."

She's too tired to shrug him off or tell him to return to his troop since his fellow monkeys might miss him. So she just leans on him and let's him guide her to her house.

"How do you even know the way to my house?" She asks, recognizing the route she usually takes to get home.

"I stalk you" he admits. She hits his arm and he winces. "Kidding! It's because of my aunt. Whenever I went to visit her I saw you around so I figured you live near her"

"Oh, so you don't really know where I live" she concluded and he nodded. "Well, I guess I'll guide you when you get lost"

"While I protect you with my umbrella" he proudly says.

(It doesn't escape her what he really meant with what he said. He'll protect her during hard times. Such a strong thing to say for a primate.)

------

She's comfortable, and he is also. So much she can share dreams with him and he can share dreams with her.

------

"You really are ambitious" he comments as he looks through her study plan during lunch. Bom finds it amusing he invited himself to their conversation, she finds it plain bothersome.

"She plans on being the queen of the world or something" her friend says once again with full with food.

"Woah, really?!" He looks excited (or maybe panicked).

She nods proudly and smiles "But I have to take baby steps. Dream something more attainable for now...so I'm going to become Korea's president first."

He gapes at her, and Bom laughs openly.

"Ha, that still seems like a big dream don't you think?" He asks slowly, and she glares at him. Bom just guffaws.

"I can do it" she says.

"You can" he answers, and Bom stops laughing. "You will become Korea's president, and I'll be a national renowned musician, what do you think?"

She can't hide her smile. "I thought you wanted to be the biggest musician in history?"

He laughs in his own monkey way "Baby steps, miss queen of the world"

Bom suddenly starts squealing out of nowhere, randomly shouting words such as 'cute', 'sweet', 'adorable' and something aching to 'makeout already'.

(She thinks they have a new fan)

------ 

She starts caring more about animals.

------

Poke.

"Hey"

Poke.

"Hey"

Poke.

"He-"

"What do you want you annoying primate?" She says it as an insult but it sounds like an endearment. Well, look at how things changed.

"Woah" he says with a smile "You're upping yourself on those insults huh?"

She laughs quietly and still looks at Jiyong from her seat.

They're alone, she had been studying, he had been watching her study. Him poking her and talking meant he got too bored, she knows. She's learned to read him and livi with that.

"Hey, do you know now how to speak monkey?" He asks hopefully, and she gapes at him because that conversation was so long ago.

"Well" she starts and then shakes her head "Spending too much time with one makes it impossible to not learn"

He nods and smiles at her, and she doesn't know why but she suddenly feels nervous and fidgety.

He seems too.

"Um...I...I got you something" he says and reaches to take his school bag, taking a plushie out of it.

"Ah, a monkey?" She observes and takes it. It was cute and fluffy and it reminded her of him.

"I figured you would want to practice your monkey, in case you said you didn't speak it well when I asked but..." He paused, and waited for her to look up at him "Now that you said you can understand..."

"Yes...?" She urges him to continue. He clears his throat.

"Well I wanted to tell you..." He starts, and his ears start to get red and his face too.

She swears his hair is starting to fluff up out of embarrassment.

"Sandara I..." He takes her hand and looks at he seriously "I really...really, really like you"

Her eyes widen and her heart hammered on her chest. He said it.

She understood.

"Uh...I..." She starts and clears and god why is she blushing so much?

"You..."

"I think I may...like you too...?"

Silence.

Awkward silence.

There are million pink elephants in here. Or were they monkeys? It was annoying.

"You....may?" He asks. She nods. "As in, maybe not?"

"As in, 85% possible" she states. He looks at her bewildered.

"What? And what about the other 15%?!"

"It's the part of me that still fawns over Won Bin...?"

He frowns and widens his eyes at her. 

"What the hell?! The guy who looks like a....like a...a dog?!" He exclaims and stands up from his seat. "You prefer that pretty dog instead of the very interesting and adorable monkey?!"

She chuckles and shakes her head "it's only 15%..."

"It's not only 15% it's the 15%!" He says, and she's pretty amused by his reaction "15% away from you liking me over anyone else! That's wha...!" He pauses and seats again on his seat, looking at her with wide eyes "you like me?"

She nods.

He smiles. Wide. Like a monkey.

He reaches for her shoulders and pulls her to him and kisses her.

Her heart stops.

He starts unnecessarily talking.

"I'll take over that 15%" he whispers determinedly and she whacks him on the head.

Because he's annoying, and he just ruined the moment.

------

She's the future president of Korea. A future figure for feminism, pride, vision and purpose.

And she's going to direct her country with her renowned musician by her side.

(Well, everyone wants a pet monkey at some point in their lives)


Note: Kill me now, I'm such a bad writer...I just really wanted to try writing like this but I think I may have failed. My conscience in clean though so yeah. Trying is better than repressing. Haha...please do tell me if you like this!

Love, VoidEgo X