o n e

His Name Was

 

The first things you need to know is that love is nothing as it seem.

 

I’ll be frank with you; I’m a hopeless romantic. I dream, I hope and I wish for a love where we meet, and through several challenges, realize that we are perfect for each other.

 

Of course, there’s another side of me that knows that it is physically, emotionally impossible.

 

Well maybe it actually is possible, but it rarely ever is, right?

 

Maybe because of the amount of pure love I experience in my family, it makes me think that way. My parents aren’t divorced; my mom’s only ever seriously dated my dad. My brother’s been with his fiancé for ten years, they met in the 8th grade. They’re getting married next year.

 

So seeing all the love in my family, its only predictable that I’d end up a hopeless romantic, right?

 

But I guess there’s a difference between whom you settle with, whom you love, and whom you are meant to be with, because in my late 20s, I can clearly remember my first love.

 

Every kiss, every laugh and every touch. Each memory an unbearable scar on my heart, ones that I will cherish and remember to the day I die.

 

10 years ago, if I closed my eyes, I can still see it so perfectly, the moment my eyes had seen him, my first love. He was handsome, clean hair perfectly cut with a small angular face. His skin was milky white, and he was everything a 17-year-old-korean girl could dream of.

 

His name was Oh Sehun, and he was the man of my dreams.